Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

EA limiting SWTOR orders.. wow

Found this on reddit;

EA's response for this;
    "To all of our fans outside of North America and Europe:
    Today we've announced the pre-order details for the initial launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic, and as you may now know, we’ve taken the difficult but necessary decision to limit our initial launch supply for the game. BioWare and LucasArts are completely focused on building an exceptional game and an exceptional game service to go with it. We decided to constrain our launch capacity to ensure we deliver a great experience to every player.
    Part of the reason this decision was made was because of the overwhelming demand for The Old Republic, and we're humbled by that level of excitement and anticipation. We fully intend to deliver to you an amazing game when we expand our service post-launch, but right now we cannot commit to any timeframe for when that may happen. As soon as we have more information about additional launches in more territories, we’ll let you know.
    We are committed to delivering Star Wars: The Old Republic to BioWare and Star Wars fans around the world, and to growing a truly global community."
    Seems like EA can't handle a day 1 launch, so instead of getting more servers online and expanding, they rather limit sales of a game that already went over budget. Hmm.. smooth EA

EDIT: may apply to NA and EU buyers as well;
    http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq
    Last edited by Eirangel; 2011-07-21 at 10:06 PM.

le sigh. Why am I not suprised

Deleted
    To all of our fans outside of North America and Europe
    phew.
    10char

10+ Year Old Account
    So North America and Europe get it no problem but the rest of the world don't? Mabye they don't want there servers crashing or some shit with all the people on downloading it upon release?
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

seriously? wtf

Ha, made my day.
    But I guess they don't want server overloads.

How many new SWToR threads will there be today? This is just getting a bit silly. (not hating on the game, there are just so many threads that have been locked already -_-)

Might not be for only people outside of NA/EU

BioWare has always had a history of delivering high quality experiences for our customers and we are dedicated to making sure that track record continues with Star Wars: The Old Republic. Our focus is on not only delivering a high quality game, but also in developing a thriving online environment. In order to ensure a great user experience we have decided to limit initial launch supply. Further supplies will be released post-launch.
    source;

fail ea

Oh well, you'll get the game anyway so what's waiting a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    How many new SWToR threads will there be today? This is just getting a bit silly. (not hating on the game, there are just so many threads that have been locked already -_-)
    Those locked threads were all made by the same troll account.

Deleted
    They're possibly limiting certain areas to an unknown-limit of pre-orders so all their servers don't crash on day 1 and people are getting pissed?

This is almost as bad as those people who tried to sue because they didn't get tickets to the olympics here in the UK... it's a stadium with 80,000 seats and how many millions applied for tickets?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just got more then they expected so they'd rather have a functioning service then have no service at all due to overload. And you're whining about it? Damn.

There is already a thread for TOR, for the love of god please knock off the constant trolling and qq threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Eirangel View Post
    Might not be for only people outside of NA/EU

source;

fail ea
    So its fail to not want your servers crashing and be unstable on day 1.
    You should launch a mmo it would be a huge success

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    There is already a thread for TOR, for the love of god please knock off the constant trolling and qq threads.
    Trolling? This is spreading useful information for anyone who doesn't want to browse 300 pages of crap

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about this. They know what their servers can handle. They have an estimate at how many people at once can log in, and play.

Knowing this, I would limit preorders as well.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

Deleted
    I can't even pre-order the limited collector's edition yet because non of the shops in my country has it up in their list yet QQ now I'm going to miss out on the lightsaber crystal >.>

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Trolling? This is spreading useful information for anyone who doesn't want to browse 300 pages of crap
    No, this thread falls under the qq category, not the trolling category, sorry for not clarifying. Btw, the main thread is closer to 650 pages of crap, but there's a trick, you go to the last page and post whatever thoughts you have, then check back later for responses.

Deleted
    This is actually good, from my point of view.

They're not selling like maniacs only thinking about the money, instead it looks like they're thinking about providing quality and stability since day 1.

Maybe they weren't prepared for so many pre-orders, but that's not a bad thing. It means that the game's expectations are even higher than they thought, and if that's the case it's also a reason to open more servers than they were planning.
    Last edited by mmocf7632e0726; 2011-07-21 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Retailers have plenty of copies. Origion has hit their limit is all. Also, we have a wonderful 630 page thread where we answer ALL questions. Come join us there.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net