Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How do you know they're just not limiting sales to boost hype like it's going to be popular, then a few weeks before release, "sup guys we got enough copies now, come give us all your money!".

10+ Year Old Account
    EA is, quite possibly, looking at those releases with a team of developers to possibly prevent something like BC from happening. They're limiting the amount of pre-sales right now and are basically stress testing what it'll be like. Early pre-order means early access....it also means another pool of data they can experience and absorb before moving on to the full scale release to better stabilize any problems that could occur.

Not every country gets the same release date. They stagger it intentionally, so that other regions can make use of the information they gather to better prepare.
    What I said in a different topic.

I wasn't around for the original launch of WoW, but I remember BC being horrible.

EA/Bioware is doing a good job, from what I understand, in making sure something like the release of WoW and it's expansions doesn't happen. And if it does happen, even the slightest bit, to be prepared for the outcome and find a way to fix it quickly. Stress testing the servers by adding another like 400-500% population will be a great indication of how well they laid the plans they have out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    completly off topic but earlir i read someone say they tried to pre order the collecters edition but they couldent because it was limted or somthin....anyone know if their will and if it does what comes with it :3
    The Digital collecters edition is sold out but go to a local gamestop or something and they will probably still have them in stock

10+ Year Old Account
    Was at Gamestop at 10am when they opened,dropped $150 for CE,back at my desk at 10:20 am,and entered registration code.No line,no hassles...LOL at people whining about digital pre orders.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    The Digital collecters edition is sold out but go to a local gamestop or something and they will probably still have them in stock
    Eww, supporting gamestop :<

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Eww, supporting gamestop :<
    Its just a example of a physical vendor

holy shit 150?!

it better come with something huge that i can sport around or their is really no reason to waste the extra 100 dollars

holy shit 150?!

it better come with something huge that i can sport around or their is really no reason to waste the extra 100 dollars
    You mean the extra 90 dollars, the standard edition costs an amazing $60!

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    You mean the extra 90 dollars, the standard edition costs an amazing $60!
    What a ripoff....

holy shit 150?!

A statue thingy, no interest to me

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    What a ripoff....
    Most console games already cost this much, and this is a game being shipped on FOUR DVD's.

Again, to reiterate, the only thing they are limiting is the maximum number of PREORDERS they will take, because every preorder gets early access, they don't want every single person playing in the early access, because then the release date becomes well, not the release date, everyone is already playing.

my guess is they're being conservative in the first shipment of copies, because its new and the hype is great. like many other games the hype led to disappointment and the release was a flop. though this is only a guess, they want to limit investment until they test the waters and see how well the game is received. like not putting all your eggs in one basket.

the other plausible reason is they're trying to hype up the game and want people to think there's huge demand, though my guess is there's little supply.

sorry double post

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyzor View Post
    Guarantee EA has already lost some customers because of this. Not something you want to do when you're going up against WoW.

Basically, if the game sucks, instead of everyone leaving after a month the game will last 2-3 months.
    Does nobody actually read anymore? I'm getting sick of this, but maybe 3rd time is the charm.

It is not the total number of copies being limited.

It is a limited number of collector's editions with the very expensive Malgus statue, and a limit on preorder numbers, because the preorder comes with early access.

If everyone preorders, and they are all in on the early access for it, what the hell is the point of having a release date? This is all they are limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Does nobody actually read anymore? I'm getting sick of this, but maybe 3rd time is the charm.

It is not the total number of copies being limited.

It is a limited number of collector's editions with the very expensive Malgus statue, and a limit on preorder numbers, because the preorder comes with early access.

If everyone preorders, and they are all in on the early access for it, what the hell is the point of having a release date? This is all they are limiting.
    Still going to end up losing customers. I know enough people that if they don't get a game on day 1 or 2 they don't get them game. Falling behind isn't an option for them.

Just fyi this doesn't affect me cuz I was going to wait a month anyways, not wasting my money on a crap game again.

Simple marketing tactic, this will make people want it more.

I'm guessing Rift is instantly going to crumble once this is out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit that this is the first time I read about a company that does not want my money. Based on pre-orders, you can easily make an educated guess on the number of users that will be logging in, and thus plan ahead accordingly. This "onoes, we want to provide the best experience possible" just doesn't fly, since I don't see how having no experience constitutes "best".

Oh well, WoW will keep me company for just a bit longer, then.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Deleted
    Do people remember blizz did the same with vanilla launch in europe. I missed the initial batch and had to wait 1 month for my copy