Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    But a person just stated there is no wind oh nvm
    Re-read what he wrote - they do not have compound names. they do have a word for wind.

Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    But a person just stated there is no wind oh nvm
    We have "Wind" its "Vento", but we dont have "Windrunner". "Run" is translated into "Corre". So there inst a word on our vocabulary named "Correventos".

But as the guy said i should have kept my mouth shut, sorry. ;P

Stormwind was translated to Ventobravo, but Vento = Wind, and Bravo = Brave or Angry (depending when used). wtf
    Last edited by Ginp; 2011-07-22 at 03:35 AM.

So does this mean I don't have to queue with the Brazilians from Warsong anymore?
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    "Garrosh Grito Infernal"

Does anyone else find that funny?

On topic: It looks like it actually may be shaping up to be correct, assuming we hear about the next expansion at blizzcon.
    Hellscream is dubbed infernal thats awesome but doesn't fit at all and doubt it will sell well with this names starting it off in cata with a someone like garrosh
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    So does this mean I don't have to queue with the Brazilians from Warsong anymore?
    Maybe, but the server is hosted on USA and will be in some existing battlegroup, so its just a matter of luck.

Deleted
    LOOOOOOOL at the translations to brazillian( portuguese brazillian) sylvanas correventos LOOOOOL and garrosh grito infernal fail xD

the translation is rofl (or maybe "hauehauehauheauheuaheu")you cant just translate names like that, specialty in portuguese

15+ Year Old Account
    wasnt blizzard making a DOTA type mod/addon/whatever it may be for SC? maybe that is what pheonix will be?

ALSO, according to that leaked release schedule thing, it looks like the next expansion of WoW would be next Q2, So, with that said, then they would release info on it at this years blizzcon if that were the case.
    Last edited by Syce; 2011-07-22 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft 2 Phoenix thing will totally be like the starcraft version of starcraft ;D jk

I think Starcraft 2 Pheonix is about the little know lawyer who champions the rights of the lonely colonial miners...

15+ Year Old Account
    And a kitten still die?

Well about phoenix, it should be editor for sc2 O_o i dunno why so. maybe i had a dream about it
    but ..

I read the translations, and before crying, I was actually laughing at them. I don't think Blizz should translate names of cities, NPC's and factions (among a few others). Can you imagine the Frostwolf Clan being called [Clã do Lobo Congelado]? That is just plain wrong! :-( Ironforge becoming Fornalha de Ferro? OMG!!!!!!! I saw a Spanish version of the game, and they translated the names of weapons as well. I don't recall the exact weapon, but the literal translation was funny as hell! I just hope Blizz doesn't make the same "mistake" to the Brazilian version of this game...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    interesting names for the brazilian version

10+ Year Old Account
    The names in portuguese are so damn funny! Can't wait to download the Portuguese BR client to have a good laugh! Btw, Storwind was suppsed to be Tempestade (Storm) de Vento (Wind), but what do I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    yahhhh you only made it worse.. prolly should of kept your mouth shut
    How did he make it worse?
    Made perfect sense to me.

Maybe you should have kept your mouth shut.

The Warcraft movie is currently in Development Hell. Raimi is busy with Evil Dead 4 and Oz. So we won't be seeing Warcraft movie for a long long time

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember that product slate when Bibi first put it up. He really does have a knack for these things.Upon looking at it again, I'm thinking that X4 means the announcement of the next expansion, not the release. So folks, don't be surprised if at Blizzcon this year they don't announce the next expansion, but keep it under wraps for six more months. I know that Blizzard had this dream to release an expac every year when they released the game, but so far it has worked out to be every two years. Fine, so long as they release enough content to keep most players happy (most players are not heroic raiders or folks with 20 hours to blow in a week on a single leisurely pursuit).It's also good because it means a lot of testing and amping up as stuff is trickled out. I think that the buildup to a new expansion is more exciting than the actual release!! Grabbing at every piece of confirmed news, finding out all the big, juicy things that are coming. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, im Portuguese i will get this version for a laugh as well. I really hate the way Brazilians translate Portuguese, no disrespect to Brazil, but it brings me nightmares of nice American shows dubbed in Portuguese they were just lolz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only problem is that thing says Starcraft HotS released 4th quarter 2011 and there's no way in hell that's happening...

15+ Year Old Account
    If a Japanese localisation is released, I'd be interested in installing the language pack to try and improve my Japanese. Playing a game entirely in Japanese is bound to be both frustrating and fulfilling. But doing something you enjoy in your target language is potentially a good method of improving skills in said language.