I'm a hunter. Was doing some Baleroc tonight and my tank was getting smashed. I came up with the idea to use my pet's [Intervene] ability to at least reduce some of those massive blows the tank seemed to be taking. Since the recent change to it, Intervene now reduces the damage of the next physical attack by 50% of the pet's total health (as per tooltip). I was wondering if there's any way, whether it be recount, WoL, or some other means to track exactly how much damage is being reduced?

Whether it was my pet or not, can't be sure but we noticed some 40k absorbs on a few wipes that we couldn't quite account for on recount. My pets total health is 120k, therefore...the "absorb" should be 60k...Unless it's using the BASE health instead of TOTAL health I can't understand how that could be my pet doing that absorb. Recount lists nothing by the name of the attack except that some of it was absorbed.

So I was wondering if anyone, maybe even some warriors, know of a way to track exactly how much damage is being absorbed on a target being intervened. While World of Logs DID track the number of Intervenes my pet had on the kill, it did not show me how much it even did (if any) because it has it listed as a heal...which it is not.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 02:41 AM ----------

Anybody?

I would really appreciate any constructive responses.