Thread: About Yao Ming

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demopolis View Post
    I don't watch the Jazz much, but I can say that I've never seen Andrei Kirilenko play center, though I could be wrong. So, if you wanted to give an example of a shooting center I would have said Channing Frye, of the Phoenix Suns, or even Mehmet Okur, of the Jazz.
    Yeah, Andre Kirilenko doesn't play Center. He does (or did) play WoW though, like Yao.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yao Ming has been having injury problems the last few seasons, especially those involving his feet (I think he tore his Achilles tendon in one of his feet) and to be honest I am surprised he continued to try playing. He was certainly a great player, if it weren't for his injuries.

I think he only played 240 something games in his 6 year 120 million contract.

Yea his entire career here in the US has been with the Rockets (my actual home team) and it's sad to see him go. Him and Tracy McGrady were just injured back to back to back and it got pretty depressing when Yao was improving and getting hurt again each time. I do believe his last injury was either a broken toe or possibly a broken foot. But now that T-Mac isn't a Rocket anymore and Yao's on the way out my home team is reduced greatly =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TourettesHeals View Post
    He was just tall, better at basketball than me, but he wasn't a Dirk or Lebron. I feel indifferent about him leaving. China needs him for the mass takeover of the USA.
    He was just tall... lol. If the guy was just tall, he wouldn't be number one pick of the draft. Of course he's no Dirk or LeBron. They do not even play the same positions. Compare Yao to centers. He was one of the best when he was healthy. Its just sad that China ran him to the ground with the summer games right after the NBA games.

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    He was just tall... lol. If the guy was just tall, he wouldn't be number one pick of the draft. Of course he's no Dirk or LeBron. They do not even play the same positions. Compare Yao to centers. He was one of the best when he was healthy. Its just sad that China ran him to the ground with the summer games right after the NBA games.
    He wasn't just tall, he was tall with a nice jumpshot...bout it though. He was incredibly soft and couldn't protect the lane at all, terrible defense pretty much all around and he wasn't a GREAT rebounder despite the massive wingspan and height advantage he had. He was at best the 5th best center in the NBA at his peak, its just the media hyped him because he got massive coverage in China and the NBA wanted Chinese tv ratings.

Just goes to show you that being freakishly tall doesn't make you awesome at basketball..you have to be able to make it up and down the court for 30+ minutes