Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If the pally is running oom and you have him assigned to tank healing, maybe he should stop padding the meters and ooming himself with so much holy radiance...

Attempt 1: Tank stood in bad stuff
    Attempt 2: Tank wasn't topped before trap was detonated, better communication or awareness can fix that, then after brez, the hunter who dies all the time died and the priest died to standing in bad things.
    Attempt 3: In a 5 second period, the holy pally managed to get a holy shock on the tank (previous cast was a holy radiance)
    Attempt 4: Tank death with 33k healing in 9 seconds. Chain casting a baseline efficient heal will heal more than that in that period of time.
    Attempt 5: Priest stood in fire.
    Attempt 6: In the last 4 seconds that the tank was alive, the pally healed the tank for 6k with beacon. No direct heals at all.

It seems to me that if your pally is oom, it's because he's casting wrong. Other healers can cover, but it has to be communicated. Good timing and placement of mana cooldowns can help as well. (i.e. don't put Mana Tide over on the far side of the room where the pally won't be in range to get it) Maybe there's a good reason your pally is just not healing your tank, but the death logs seem to show he was busy doing something else. Which may or may not have been necessary.

Edit: btw, druids are amazing tanks on Rag. I nagged our kitty who went bear for Rag last week that he didn't take enough dmg. Bear!Bubble is crazy OP.

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 03:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    I wouldn't say it's the paladin's fault, looking at your healing meters for all Rag attempts your Paladin is top healer and has done the most (by a large margin) healing to both tanks.
    Healers aren't dps. Meters aren't necessarily a measure of success. Living people are. If the pally's too busy padding meters to heal the tanks and lets them die, then the meters really don't matter as he wiped the raid.
    Last edited by Cellery; 2011-07-22 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    At mid attempt 3 I told the pala to leave the raid alone, apart from when he see's the raid dropping low and the tanks being high when the adds are up. Thanks for actually summing it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellery View Post
    Healers aren't dps. Meters aren't necessarily a measure of success. Living people are. If the pally's too busy padding meters to heal the tanks and lets them die, then the meters really don't matter as he wiped the raid.
    Of course meters are not everything, but I'm not in their raid am I? All I have to go by is armories (which tell me very little) and logs. The logs show one healer doing significantly more healing to tanks than the other 2 and then tanks die... who do you blame? The healer who did the most tank healing? I know he Oomed but you will Oom if you're soloing tank heals on that fight, and we have no way of knowing if it's because he's too overzealous on heals, if he's bad at managing his mana or if the other healers just aren't cutting it and he's having to Oom himself picking up slack.

I did look through the death logs, all of the tank deaths had very little direct heals from any of the 3 healers. It's a collective effort here. Again this is not ICC, you don't just go Pally on tanks the rest on Raid. The jobs need to split evenly and everyone needs to help out.

Like I said in my original post, they need to make sure they rotate CDs accordingly with the movement and big damage phases and to make sure that tank healing is evened out so that they all take their share of the mana burden. That could mean the Disc/Shaman doing more or it could mean the Pally doing less, I have no way of knowing which it is.

Edit: Also worth mentioning that in phase 1 the raid healing is mostly single target healing again (except for Prayer of Healing but as Disc that has limited power). So pally raid healing + Beacon is actually more efficient than assigning the Shaman for instance. In phase 2 (or 3 if you call it 3) obviously the Shaman AoE healing is king.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-07-22 at 11:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Edit: Also worth mentioning that in phase 1 the raid healing is mostly single target healing again (except for Prayer of Healing but as Disc that has limited power). So pally raid healing + Beacon is actually more efficient than assigning the Shaman for instance. In phase 2 (or 3 if you call it 3) obviously the Shaman AoE healing is king.
    Shall do this!

Deleted
    Just for the record, even if the strat you use works for your priest, a different raid can call for a different tactic. When there are some "lesser" movers, changing tactics can help a lot on damage taken for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Just for the record, even if the strat you use works for your priest, a different raid can call for a different tactic. When there are some "lesser" movers, changing tactics can help a lot on damage taken for example.
    Ofcourse.

10char