Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    Vidic, Gerrard and Terry are already 30yo, I doubt anyone's gonna pay €30m+ on them, Rooney is no way worth 52mil and neither is Essien 36m, did you make these numbers up by yourself lol ?
    I was wondering the same, these valuations seem way off. Players the wrong side of 30 valued at over 30M, even Man City would not pay those prices Also Modric seems under valued as if rumours are to be believed Tottenham are ready to turn down a £35M bid.

  2. #22
    lol @ complaining about high wages. if you've ever watched football, or bought merchandise or anything else along those lines, you've helped support these stupid wages. the wages have only got so high because of the large amount of money that has been brought into the game through supporters, sponsors and owners. it's only common sense that everything would rise with the increased revenue. at least a lot of the profits are going to the players themselves, rather than them earning £40k a year and the rest being soaked up by the fatcat executives.

    personally, i couldn't care how much they earn. their income doesn't effect anything in my life, so realistically, why would any one care; unless of course you are super jealous that you are not good enough at a sport to be in their position.
    Last edited by crazypearce; 2011-07-23 at 01:31 AM. Reason: missed a word :D

  3. #23
    Dreadlord Devourer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    The amount of money footballers make is ridiculous nowadays, all they do is kick a ball and most of them cheat on their wives.
    (There are a few decent ones who give money to charity and don't cheat on their spouses David Beckham being an example.)
    But it's just mad that footballers make more money than say doctors or medics who save people's lives.
    >.>
    Wtf does cheating their wives have to do with their salaries lol ?

  4. #24
    I really don't care about a footballers wages, i do believe that some are overpaid, but hey, that's what agents get paid to do and they do it well - probably helps that being a Rangers fan i watch guys who are paid realistic wages and not Premiership level wages.

    As for cheating on their wives, i think the hotter the chick you've cheated on the higher wages you get right? Cos i mean Ashley Cole cheated on Cheryl Cole and he gets paid a fortune If it was based on the chick you banged in your wifes place Rooney would be on £25 and a free bottle of Coke a week right enough, fuck knows what Ryan Giggs would be on
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I think that it's stupid that people make more money playing a game than hard working people
    Shoot this guy.

    Football players aren't (mostly) allowed to go have drinks, party, stay in clubs and stuff. They also have training each day and the good ones begin playing since they're kids. I doubt you began studying, say science, since you were a kid.

    Yeah, most are arogant pricks, but on the field that doesn't matter: they do their best and are rewarded for it.

  6. #26
    Dreadlord Devourer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    As for cheating on their wives, i think the hotter the chick you've cheated on the higher wages you get right? Cos i mean Ashley Cole cheated on Cheryl Cole and he gets paid a fortune If it was based on the chick you banged in your wifes place Rooney would be on £25 and a free bottle of Coke a week right enough, fuck knows what Ryan Giggs would be on
    Rooney'd rather have an 80yo than a hot chick that's for sure lol

  7. #27
    I think it's the other way around, the only birds Rooney could pull would be 80yo! Mind you the master of the understatement would be Peter Crouch "what would you be if you weren't a footballer? A virgin!"
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Dunno about you, but being a professional sportsman is bound to a daily training, perfect diet (without alcohol, etc) and the stress of failure. The money just comes as a result of entertainment.
    It's still a game. They only make as much as they do because of the millions of people who pay to see them play.

  9. #29

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuze View Post
    U jelly?

    10 Letters.

    ---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 12:19 AM ----------

    Drogba seems a bit undervalued. Guess he is getting old though...

    ---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 12:21 AM ----------



    Not their fault they make that much money.
    Actually, yeah it is the players faults. The problem with most sports is there aren't any caps on player salaries, thus inflation is getting out of control and certain teams can pay whatever they want because they can afford it while other teams can't.

  11. #31
    Dreadlord Devourer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Actually, yeah it is the players faults. The problem with most sports is there aren't any caps on player salaries, thus inflation is getting out of control and certain teams can pay whatever they want because they can afford it while other teams can't.
    The UK's taxes kinda fuck up their salaries.

  12. #32
    they are mostly the costs to buy the players on paper not their actual worth of what we think.
    u need like a billion euros if u want to buy Ronaldo from Real madrid and its the buy out clause of paper. not what he is worth

    :billion euroes yes! its even on wikipedia lol

  13. #33
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,186
    Most of those prices are horribly overinflated, or not even in fair balance. Thankfully you can still get good bargains out there if you scout around.

  14. #34
    You say most are overpriced, but look how much Man City have just paid for Sergio Aguero (Yes, I know it's Man City, but really, the kid is 21? 22?) - Yet to prove himself in the Premier League as well. I sense another Balotelli.

  15. #35
    Dreadlord Devourer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    Yet to prove himself in the Premier League as well.
    I'm sick of seeing this quote on every (football) forum I'm visiting, Aguero's an absolutely excellent player, you'd probably say the same BS if messi were to come to the PL , " LOL HES UNPROVEN IN THE PREMIERSHIP LETS TRANSFER EMILE HESKEY INSTEAD LOLOLO PROVEN PLAYER ".
    Last edited by Devourer; 2011-08-02 at 12:17 PM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    I'm sick of seeing this quote on every (football) forum I'm visiting.
    Oh, c'mon, everyone knows that Messi will never be a world beater until he has proven himself on "a rainy Wednesday night in Stoke."

  17. #37
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh, c'mon, everyone knows that Messi will never be a world beater until he has proven himself on "a rainy Wednesday night in Stoke."
    I'd love to see him be consistent without Xavi and Iniesta carrying him.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Soccer salaries are outrageous in Europe, at least in North America the MLS has control over how much players make and there isn't some asinine imbalance that makes one team better then anyone else because they can spend money like crazy to buy players. I look at some of the top teams in the Premiership, especially Man U, they are basically the New York Yankees of soccer, spend money on the best players because they have a huge fan draw and it allows them to win more, but then they screw up the salary market for other teams wanting to sign players because they might not be able to spend as much.

    And anyone making more then 10 million dollars a year to play any sport needs a punch in the face, along with any ownership who believes they should be allowed to spend such crazy money.
    it's football, not soccer

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    (There are a few decent ones who give money to charity and don't cheat on their spouses David Beckham being an example.)
    Ever heard of a woman called Rebecca Loos?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh, c'mon, everyone knows that Messi will never be a world beater until he has proven himself on "a rainy Wednesday night in Stoke."
    football weekly?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •