Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Football Players of Premier League value more than 20M Euro by Transfermarket

Premier League

Arsenal FC:
    Cesc Fabregas: 55M
    Samir Nasri: 25M
    Andre Arshavin: 21M
    Robin van Persie: 24M

Chelsea FC:
    Petr Cech: 26M
    Branislav Ivanovic: 21M
    David Luiz: 20M
    John Terry: 34M
    Ashley Cole: 27M
    Michaël Essien: 36M
    John Obi Mikel: 20M
    Frank Lampard: 25M
    Florent Malouda: 20M
    Fernando Torres: 46M
    Didier Drogba: 25M

Liverpool FC:
    Pepe Reina: 22M
    Steven Gerrad: 36M
    Luis Suárez: 25M
    Andy Carroll: 20M

Manchester City:
    Vincent Kompany: 20M
    Nigel de Jong: 20M
    Yaya Touré: 25M
    David Silva: 32M
    James Milner: 20M
    Edin Dzeko: 30M
    Carlos Tévez: 38M
    Mario Balotelli: 26M

Manchester United:
    Rio Ferdinand: 20M
    Nemanja Vidic: 37M
    Patrice Evra: 27M
    Anderson: 21M
    Darren Fletcher: 22M
    Nani: 28M
    Dimitar Berbatov: 28M
    Wayne Rooney: 52M

Tottenham Hotspur:
    Luka Modric: 28M
    Rafael van der Vaart: 20M
    Gareth Bale: 25M
    Aaron Lennon: 21M

Deleted
    Vidic, Gerrard and Terry are already 30yo, I doubt anyone's gonna pay €30m+ on them, Rooney is no way worth 52mil and neither is Essien 36m, did you make these numbers up by yourself lol ?

Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    did you make these numbers up by yourself lol ?
    read the thread title

BY TRANSFERMARKET

i wonder how greatly the fairplay shite is gonna affect these valuations

Arshavin 21 million, this just shows how inflated prices are right now, the guys worth 6-8 at best.

I think that it's stupid that people make more money playing a game than hard working people
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Just noticed the title said this was in Euros. We need to multiply each price by 0.88 to find the prices in Pounds then.
    Yeah it's ridiculous how much players prices have been inflated over the last couple of years. I don't think most of these players would sell for that much though.

Deleted
    These numbers couldn't be more wrong. Torres only drops 4million after scoring 1 goal since december. Yet Andy Carroll drops 15 mil... And Berbatov 28mil lol there was talk of him moving for 7mil. This clearly doesn't take players ages into account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltshiree View Post
    These numbers couldn't be more wrong. Torres only drops 4million after scoring 1 goal since december. Yet Andy Carroll drops 15 mil... And Berbatov 28mil lol there was talk of him moving for 7mil. This clearly doesn't take players ages into account.
    Carrol was 35 mil because he was bought in the last transfer day, otherwise he'd be around 15 mil I can guarantee that.
    Last edited by mmoc4984f07cc4; 2011-07-22 at 12:04 PM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dumb question from an American -

What are the salaries for these players like? In comparison to let's say .... A-Rod (25million+ a year)?
    Razern - 85 Hunter (Main - FotM Spec)
    Talio - 85 Paladin (Alt #1 - Prot Main / Holy Off)
    Tenemico - 85 Shaman (Alt #2 - Resto Main / Enh Off)

Hunters - Easy to learn, hard to master. And yet, we all just faceroll in the end

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razern View Post
    Dumb question from an American -

What are the salaries for these players like? In comparison to let's say .... A-Rod (25million+ a year)?
    Depends on what player you talking about, Rooney for ex has about £20m a year with the sponsor/commercial crap.

The "fair play" rules are designed to reduce the cattle market that transfers have become - Rooney is good, but fuck me sideways if you think he's worth £45m (i'll use a real currency thank you), it essentially means that unless you're in the Premiership, La Liga, Serie A or Bundisliga you cannot afford to place viable teams on the pitch - which wasn't sustainable.

But we're already seeing teams work their way round it with clever accounting etc - i still say it's better than the American way of doing things (trades as opposed to direct selling) but it needs to be more realistic, there's no way that £50m is a realistic value for a football player, even less when you see £80m for C.Ronaldo, they're good, but £80m is a vastly inflated & obscene figure.

As for wages, it's impossible to compare any footballer to A-rod's contracts (which are notorious in the sports world thanks to the fact his agent basically pimped him out), for a start A-rod could potentially play upwards of 150+ games in a season providing he's fit & healthy (which right now, he aint!) where Rooney will play about 50-60. Then there's the fact anyone playing in the UK will be taxed to hell & back (40% tax) as well.

Still, i'll stick to my Scottish Premier League, no egos, no over inflated wages & minimal airhead footballers wives - granted it aint pretty, but i'd rather that than have Rooney & Tevez disrespecting the game by spouting transfer requests when they don't get fish fingers for their tea!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Thing is, when you've got owners like Man City's and Chelsea's in the PL, chances are there's gonna be more and more unrealistic transfer offers and it aint gonna stop at the PL, check out Malaga and PSG with their new billionaire owners spending like mental in the first transfer month. If anything, football's going downhill nowadays and it's only because of rich owners like those.

They're going to need to rain it in soon though, the fair play rules take effect from the start of this season which is why a lot of them spent like bitches in a shoe shop in January - from now on they HAVE to break even or face being sanctioned against playing in Europe and UEFA are keeping an eye on it, for example looking into the deal to rename the City of Manchester stadium to reflect the "sponsorship" by Etihad. I doubt UEFA will ever really clamp down on it, but atleast it's a start towards bringing transfers back to reality, cos for the last 15 years they've been frankly comical and heavilly favour the big 4 leagues when it comes to player recruitment.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    The amount of money footballers make is ridiculous nowadays, all they do is kick a ball and most of them cheat on their wives.
    (There are a few decent ones who give money to charity and don't cheat on their spouses David Beckham being an example.)
    But it's just mad that footballers make more money than say doctors or medics who save people's lives.
    >.>

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soccer salaries are outrageous in Europe, at least in North America the MLS has control over how much players make and there isn't some asinine imbalance that makes one team better then anyone else because they can spend money like crazy to buy players. I look at some of the top teams in the Premiership, especially Man U, they are basically the New York Yankees of soccer, spend money on the best players because they have a huge fan draw and it allows them to win more, but then they screw up the salary market for other teams wanting to sign players because they might not be able to spend as much.

And anyone making more then 10 million dollars a year to play any sport needs a punch in the face, along with any ownership who believes they should be allowed to spend such crazy money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    The amount of money footballers make is ridiculous nowadays, all they do is kick a ball and most of them cheat on their wives.
    (There are a few decent ones who give money to charity and don't cheat on their spouses David Beckham being an example.)
    But it's just mad that footballers make more money than say doctors or medics who save people's lives.
    >.>
    U jelly?

10 Letters.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 12:19 AM ----------

Drogba seems a bit undervalued. Guess he is getting old though...

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And anyone making more then 10 million dollars a year to play any sport needs a punch in the face
    Not their fault they make that much money.

10+ Year Old Account
    >.>
    You mad?

They spend their entire life practicing hours every single day (like me)
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I think that it's stupid that people make more money playing a game than hard working people
    they devote ~30 years of their life just for football, very little partying, strict life style to stay in shape etc. Their salaries maybe be way to much but it's not true that they should make less money then "hard" working people.
    Because:
    A) they do work extremely hard to get to top level and and
    B) they are entertaining people.

99,5% of the population can do the "hard" work that you are referring to but only a small percentage of people can show high skill with good entertainment on the pitch.

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 11:33 PM ----------

>.>
    actually Beckham did cheat on Victoria when he was playing for Madrid. Also you say that few that doesn't cheat? I think it's the other way around, there are few that cheat and give everyone else a bad name.

It's hard to put an accurate value on a player under contract at a club. Lets be honest, some of these numbers are questionable.

Given his age would anyone buy John Terry for 34M, I seriously doubt it.

Would you pay 20M for Malouda, I know I wouldn't, especially when Gareth Bale is only rated at 25M . Chelsea would snap your arm off if you offered 20M for Malouda and there is no way Tottenham would sell Bale for 25M

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Dunno about you, but being a professional sportsman is bound to a daily training, perfect diet (without alcohol, etc) and the stress of failure. The money just comes as a result of entertainment.