Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Riplimb stacks can be easily reset without any use of frost traps at all.
    The stacks on the tank can also be reset without use of frost traps, although it's a bit harder to do.
    It's quite possible to use Riplimb to soak fire traps. I don't know if it'll actually kill the dog (some people say it will and I can maybe believe it, we'll see next weeK) but just soaking traps for its own sake is a great thing to do while tanking Riplimb.
    I never said anything about using frost traps on Riplimb.So i don't really get why you are quotting me.

If you want to use Riplimb as fire trap soacker
    - You have to kite him near the boss or at least a couple of yards around him since the most traps are there
    - Because of this the spear gonna land close to Riplimb
    - Riplimb will have to run very few yards to take it and return it to shannox
    - By the time Riplimb get back on his tank the tank's Jagged Tear stacks would still be there resulting in tank's death

Also you seem to ignore completely the fact that Riplimb is affected from Wary too so you can't re-trap him for for 30seconds (or 20 don't remember now) soacking 3-4 traps would not make any difference, it's far easier for people not to step on them instead of moving the off-tank and the healers all the way back

The point of tanking Riplimb and Shannox apart is to give time to both tanks reset their stack if you move Riplimb close to Shannox you just taking unnecessary risks of wiping.

So no don't do it, there is a confirmed strat that makes things easy stick on this.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-07-22 at 01:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see alot of you saying Riplimb should take Immolation Traps....why? This will make so that Rageface is immune to Crystal Trap for 15 seconds

Our tanks were having trouble resetting the stacks on Riplimb without using traps, so we changed our strat to allow Riplimb all of the traps and not use them at all on Rageface. Here's how we did it:

Have a hunter (really, any class that can kite and also do a 30k hit) break Face Rage every time he can - he might have to save Chimera Shot to do this, which will hurt boss dps - but it lets the rest of the group dps the boss full time without moving much.

As soon as he breaks it, he'll be guaranteed aggro from Rageface - he should immediately Disengage and run in the opposite direction as far as he can get without Rageface hitting him and then feign death. Rageface will pick someone else in the group and by the time he gets there the buff should fall off.

If the hunter screws up and Rageface catches him or feign death is on cooldown, he can Deterrance the dogs' melee attacks which will also allow the buff to fall off.
    Last edited by dave is ok; 2011-07-22 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I see alot of you saying Riplimb should take Immolation Traps....why? This will make so that Rageface is immune to Crystal Trap for 15 seconds
    One dog eating a trap will not cause "Wary" to be put on both dogs. Everyone is saying use riplimb to eat immo traps because the fewer immo traps out, the less of a chance rageface will step on an immo trap, thus not letting him be frozen

Quote Originally Posted by Triadragon View Post
    One dog eating a trap will not cause "Wary" to be put on both dogs. Everyone is saying use riplimb to eat immo traps because the fewer immo traps out, the less of a chance rageface will step on an immo trap, thus not letting him be frozen
    Can anyone else Confirm? Going to look through logs here in a minute to see if I can find an answer.

Pulled up 2 Logs.

[21:20:03.146] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:20:09.290] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:20:28.142] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:20:34.198] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:20:34.441] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:20:54.452] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:20:59.484] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:21:06.305] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:21:19.399] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:21:32.967] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:21:37.178] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:22:02.181] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:22:21.540] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:22:46.540] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:23:06.756] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:23:31.715] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:23:40.498] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:24:05.547] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:24:07.822] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:24:32.838] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:24:33.852] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:24:44.887] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb

--------------------------------------------------------------

[21:00:27.908] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:00:47.895] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:00:52.913] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:00:58.855] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:01:12.872] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:01:23.865] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:01:31.817] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:01:33.468] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:01:56.831] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:01:58.439] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:02:03.191] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:02:15.837] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:02:28.200] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:02:28.837] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:02:40.821] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:02:41.452] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:02:53.853] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:02:54.484] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:03:06.458] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:03:19.482] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:03:24.181] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:03:38.027] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:03:49.189] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:03:53.118] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:04:03.025] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:04:18.124] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:04:22.005] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:04:22.822] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:04:47.018] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:04:47.815] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:04:48.073] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:04:50.512] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:05:13.077] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:05:15.516] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:05:17.365] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:05:27.962] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:05:42.379] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:05:51.158] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:05:52.959] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:06:02.558] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:06:16.163] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:06:18.438] Rageface gains Wary from Rageface
    [21:06:27.553] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb
    [21:06:29.007] Riplimb gains Wary from Riplimb
    [21:06:29.869] Rageface's Wary fades from Rageface
    [21:06:29.869] Riplimb's Wary fades from Riplimb

Conclusion: Wary does not get put on both dogs when one steps on a trap.
    Last edited by Myrkur; 2011-07-22 at 04:21 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    @OP I wold switch your healing assignments around keeping the holy pally on the MT, the priest on the Off-tank(Lifegrip and Body&Soul) to make getting back to the raid quicker, and put the druid on raid healing as resto druids are awesome at raid healing. The key to the whole fight is getting your stacks off while not moving Rip and Shannox to far from one another.

Thanks again guys!

I've pointed the guild leadership towards this thread so they can read up on this as well.

I'll suggest switching the Healing around as well to see if that helps, along with better kiting of Rageface!

Deleted
    Cant find mention of the 'bug' - are you using it?

You know, the fact that if Shannox is moving, Riplimb cannot hand the spear in, therefor nullifying tank stacks and Riplimb from the encounter - the one most guilds are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrehead__ View Post
    Cant find mention of the 'bug' - are you using it?

You know, the fact that if Shannox is moving, Riplimb cannot hand the spear in, therefor nullifying tank stacks and Riplimb from the encounter - the one most guilds are using?
    No need to bug it out, just have any class with a slowing ability throw it on riplimb when he starts going for the spear, until the spear reaches shannox again

from a resto druids perspective, when we down him i top the meters at 10.5k hps so him pulling 16k is probably going to be a no go, at least for now in 372 gear, maybe when we are all in full 391s

Credit goes to Pangcakes for the amazing signature!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orgio/advanced

"You know, the fact that if Shannox is moving, Riplimb cannot hand the spear in, therefor nullifying tank stacks and Riplimb from the encounter - the one most guilds are using? "

This. We found this out in fairly short order when I was tanking Shannox; basically you can keep Riplimb from handing the spear to Shannox indefinitely if you want. If they ever fix that, the encounter will become fairly/somewhat challenging. Until that, it's kinda trivial. You can keep Riplimb from giving the spear to Shannox as long as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtfall View Post
    Clearing Riplimb and Jagged Tear stacks comes down to a bit of RNG at sometimes, if your not using the traps. All depending on how far away your tank can get Riplimb form the spear landing point, how well he can slow him, when did the last Tear debuff get put on and how far apart your tanks are period. All of this becomes irrelevent when you learn how to bug out Riplimb when he is returning the spear, which can be done by having the Shannox tank run in a rather wide circle(I've done it for 10+ seconds to drop a stack of Tear). However, counting on a bug as the center of your strat can be dangerous(I screwed up a few times -_-)
    Yes I've done this, somewhat difficult as its quite easy to outrange healers if your not careful. Near as I can figure there is actualy a slight cast time for rip to return the spear, he must be in range to start, he must be in range at the end. If your moveing quickly he'll catch up, stop, run to catch up agian and even the speed boost he uses wont let him get close enough long enough ot return the spear. If shanox did not stop to toss traps you could probably kite riplimb indefinatly. Even then he has to stop to toss the trap at the same time as riplimb catches up for the spear to be returned.

OH and if anybodys wondering dont bother trying to tank riplimb on one side of the lava river and force him to run around to the bridge. Even if you space properly to avoid separation anxiety during the run he will super sprint to shanox and then when he returns the spear will teleport his agro target to him. That was a nasty surprise the one time we tried it as the OT was sudenly 30yd and accross a river from where he was a second before.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Elge View Post
    - Have your Priest spec Disc and assign him to MT, druid on OT, paladin on Rageface target. Sounds crazy, but Paladins are perfect for dealing with him. Have all healers take care of the raid damage (no need to rush raidhealing, noone is in danger of dying immediatly).
    I disagree with this. You want your Paladin on the Riplimb tank. He'll probably be farther out from the rest of the raid. If he gets Face Raged, he can BoP or Bubble it off.

We had issues with our Mage not being in immediate range of the Riplimb healer at all times. Having a Pally there with his multiple immunity cooldowns helps a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont know about shannox heroic but on normal mode my guild is haveing the problem of wiping at 4% with everyone alive at like 10% and no its not enrage timer i have no idea what is killing us.... only help i can give u is take riplimb through a crystal trap right before the spear lands and stacks will fall off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    If you want to use Riplimb as fire trap soacker
    - You have to kite him near the boss or at least a couple of yards around him since the most traps are there
    - Because of this the spear gonna land close to Riplimb
    - Riplimb will have to run very few yards to take it and return it to shannox
    - By the time Riplimb get back on his tank the tank's Jagged Tear stacks would still be there resulting in tank's death

Also you seem to ignore completely the fact that Riplimb is affected from Wary too so you can't re-trap him for for 30seconds (or 20 don't remember now) soacking 3-4 traps would not make any difference, it's far easier for people not to step on them instead of moving the off-tank and the healers all the way back

The point of tanking Riplimb and Shannox apart is to give time to both tanks reset their stack if you move Riplimb close to Shannox you just taking unnecessary risks of wiping.

So no don't do it, there is a confirmed strat that makes things easy stick on this.
    I already said I've seen kill videos of people soaking fire traps with Riplimb and killing him on a kill. There isn't just ONE strat, because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't viable. And what's easier is your subjective opinion, both strats work.

As for your actual arguments, I don't know why you'd bring up the Weary thing at all considering we already said Riplimb has no need for Frost Traps. Also I've brought Riplimb close to Shannox before and still reset his (dog's) stacks without issue. The tank stacks only need to reset once every 3rd or 4th spear, you can easily just run out for those or use a frost trap for just one. And finally the whole point of it all is that when Riplimb dies you get a free stack reset on tanks.

- You don't need to have Riplimb be far away in order to reset the Dog stacks.
    - You can move him far away when it is time to reset Tank stacks.
    - Traps get cleared lessening chance of fuck up from players and lessening chance that Rageface will accidentaly step into one and cause a wipe due to his Wary.
    - You get a free stack reset on tanks for basically nothing. It costs you very little to kite Riplimb as you can still reset the dog's stacks easily.

Getting rid of Immolation traps lessens risks of wiping. It also increases risk of wiping in other ways. That's the differences, your mileage will vary with raid group. Don't bash a strat just because you don't use it. So yes, you can do it if you want to and it's best for your raid group.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-07-25 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i dont know about shannox heroic but on normal mode my guild is haveing the problem of wiping at 4% with everyone alive at like 10% and no its not enrage timer i have no idea what is killing us.... only help i can give u is take riplimb through a crystal trap right before the spear lands and stacks will fall off
    Normal mode end and heroic mode end and entirely different. I suggest starting a new thread for it.

Ontopic: Thanks for all the tips guys, my guild is going for him next reset so I'm sure this will help

Deleted
    We managed the boss this way:

Skull = Shannox, Diamond = Riplimp

[www8].pic-upload.de/21.07.11/n5rwic4feba[dot]jpg

When Riplimp get the spear and runs to Shannox the Shannox-Tank must kite the boss in a circle...fast kiting is important so riplimp don't gets to the boss. when the debuff´s on the tanks are resetet he stops kiting and the dog goes back to the off tank. so you don´t have to waste crystal traps for riplimp.

[www8].pic-upload.de/21.07.11/4fzdnxkii1xo[dot]jpg

The tanks always have to stay on the opposite position. when rageface is in the trap stay faraway so the buff resets before he hits his next target.

also got a kill video: [www].youtube[dot]com/watch?v=uMAOCyrwV5U

sorry for my bad english. hope I could help.

Deleted
    Riplimb struggles to reach Shannox if the dog is slowed and you kite Shannox. Our OT traps when he can but more often than not it makes things easier on the raid if the traps are saved for Rageface.

I am not sure if this is really intended as the animations on both look really buggy when Riplimb is slowed in Shannox melee range

Only a day left until reset, you guys have been an immense help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nieeru View Post
    Only a day left until reset, you guys have been an immense help!
    let us know when you downed him