Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    1) V8 is an absolute bitch to install and not worth the cooling performance per dollar you can get from a NH D14, Mugen 2 Rev.B or Hyper 212+.

2) You don't START your build with an SLI/Xfire setup, that's something you do to squeeze more performance from your build once it starts getting outdated. Rule with any gaming PC is that buy the single best card you can afford (unless going for an enthusiast build) - in this case, a GTX580. Then a year or two down the road you can add another GTX580 to push it to the maximum (that 1000w PSU will comfortably handle two 580's).

3) What games do you play? If you're getting a 1080p 120hz monitor, it's difficult for even top-end builds to push 120fps in GPU-heavy games at that resolution. I'm running a 120hz monitor at 1680x1050 and still don't see more than ~50-70fps in Crysis 1/Warhead and get anywhere from 80-110fps in Crysis 2 with a single overclocked 580. Keeping vSync + Triple Buffering activated is always nice

4) SSD - get a Crucial M4 64gb instead: Cheaper, better feedback, better performer.
    1) im alright with the cooler, know its heavy and all but i still prefer it over most others :3

2) Already ahead of ya, notice the MB has 3x PCI express slots, buying 2 6950's greatly outperform 1x580, and 3 6950's are pretty much on par with 2x580's at a lower price

3) the 120hz is mostly just for CSS and wow.

4) how does it perform better? 415/95 on the crucial vs the 555/495 on the corsair? personally i'd love to pay for the difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...have fun with Tri-fire and drivers.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    As Xuvial said, I hope you have a good time with your drivers, Crossfire is a bitch in some games, that's why nobody recomends it as a fresh build, unless you need more than the best single GPU out at that moment.

1. Don't take Nvidia.... seriously... I used to have Nvidia up till my 8800GTX died..... Ati seems to be way more stable and power efficient.

2. More RAM

Other than that.... IT looks fine to me... but hey what do I know; my PC is 6 years old with only updated Mobo, GPU and RAM.... xD
    Last edited by The King in Yellow; 2011-07-25 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    1. Don't take Nvidia.... seriously... I used to have Nvidia up till my 8800GTX died..... Ati seems to be way more stable and power efficient.

2. More RAM

Other than that.... IT looks fine to me... but hey what do I know; my PC is 6 years old with only updated Mobo, GPU and RAM.... xD
    More RAM than 8GB? I hardly ever use more than 50% of my 8GB, why would he need anything more?

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    More RAM than 8GB? I hardly ever use more than 50% of my 8GB, why would he need anything more?
    Woops... sorry still sleepy..... myea 8GB is enough.... heh..

Deleted
    get a corsair force 3 instead of GT and go for 120 GB
    the difference between force 3 and GT aint that big

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovena View Post
    1) im alright with the cooler, know its heavy and all but i still prefer it over most others :3

2) Already ahead of ya, notice the MB has 3x PCI express slots, buying 2 6950's greatly outperform 1x580, and 3 6950's are pretty much on par with 2x580's at a lower price

3) the 120hz is mostly just for CSS and wow.

4) how does it perform better? 415/95 on the crucial vs the 555/495 on the corsair? personally i'd love to pay for the difference
    as Xuvial said.......... get a Crucial M4 and stay away from OZC and Corsair SSD disk for now. they have way to many errors.
    i just returned my AGI3 for a M4 because it had way to many errors and firmware updates din`t fix the problems at all. they made it worse.

and neither OZC or Corsair can live up to there read/write numbers
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    Bump! made some changes!

Alright so i took the start out with the best single GPU to me and chose to go with a GTX 580, which should do great when i go SLI mode with it in 6-12 months,my concern though is should i just go directly for a 1200w PSU or would the 1000w be able to run 2 of those?

I do see a lot of recommendations towards different noctua CPU coolers, but i unfortunately i really hate the colours on their cooler's hence i chose to go with the frio, seen some good reviews on it and i feel pretty good with the choice.

Changed the SSD aswell based on elmachino's feedback!

Other than that please doa gain leave some positive feedback or suggestions to changes ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovena View Post
    Bump! made some changes!

Alright so i took the start out with the best single GPU to me and chose to go with a GTX 580, which should do great when i go SLI mode with it in 6-12 months,my concern though is should i just go directly for a 1200w PSU or would the 1000w be able to run 2 of those?

I do see a lot of recommendations towards different noctua CPU coolers, but i unfortunately i really hate the colours on their cooler's hence i chose to go with the frio, seen some good reviews on it and i feel pretty good with the choice.

Changed the SSD aswell based on elmachino's feedback!

Other than that please doa gain leave some positive feedback or suggestions to changes ^^
    use me to calculate wattage!

1000 watt 80+ PSU should be plenty, my good sir.

Nice 80+ silver 1050 watt PSU, modular