10+ Year Old Account

PSU differences 850 vs 850M

:S?

Anyone?

Difference between the Corsair TX850 and the Corsair TX850M ?

Remove Qty. Product Name Quickcode Price (exc. VAT) Line total
    850W Corsair TX850 V2 ATX2.3 SLI/Crossfire Compliant Power Supply #43907 £ 79.91 £ 79.91
    850W Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850M High Performance Power Supply #45690 £ 95.79 £ 95.79
    Out of Stock Item!

Deleted
    Seems to be the same PSU except the -M version is modular whereas the other one isn't.

Deleted
    Ones modular mate - pre order one that is.

Modular means u don't have to plug non-needed cables in btw, case ur wondering, it just gives cleaner look/better airflow

Quote Originally Posted by Neeko View Post
    Modular means u don't have to plug non-needed cables in btw, case ur wondering, it just gives cleaner look/better airflow
    Not only that, but it makes cable management incredibly easy as you don't have to deal with a kraken inside your case.

Edit: Also, it's incredibly nice to see them finally coming out with modular versions of their TX line, and no, the HX line is not that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Not only that, but it makes cable management incredibly easy as you don't have to deal with a kraken inside your case.

Edit: Also, it's incredibly nice to see them finally coming out with modular versions of their TX line, and no, the HX line is not that :P
    yeah... why does the hx cost so much more than the tx?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Because they can get away with charging higher for modular? :S

aye, they charge more for it cause of the benefits i listed. Its a bit harder to make aswell ( not 10% part harder tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    The HX series uses higher quality parts and an overall better design. They're also rated much, much higher. The TX series are 80+ Bronze certified whereas the HX series are 80+ Silver certified, some being 80+ Gold certified (Corsair actually labeled these as Silver just to be more conservative). With higher, usable energy conversion and higher quality parts, comes a higher price tag.

For example, I use the Corsair HX750. This is one of the PSUs that was actually rated as 80+ Gold, Corsair bumped it down to 80+ Silver as a good-faith gesture to consumers. This makes it possible to get 80+ Gold certified PSUs at 80+ Silver prices.

You can read more about 80+ Certification here: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Understanding-the-80-Plus-Certification/742

E
    dit: I was a little wrong, actually... Corsair purposefully labels their PSUs as one level under their given 80+ rating due to real-world performance. So there's a bit of good transparency there, just another reason to buy Corsair PSUs, IMO :P (i.e. that 80+ Bronze TX PSU was actually rated as 80+ Silver by Ecos Consulting.)
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-07-22 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks

​thismessageistooshort...........