Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

MOP opens 3 hours later then they said.

For months they have said MOP opens 12 midnight EDT, now if you look its 12 midnight PDT... 3 hours later then they have been saying for months.

Honestly why does blizzard keep saying one thing for months then a week before it happens they change things.

Deleted
    im fine with it so its okay.

Where's the source showing that they said it opens at midnight Eastern? Pretty sure they've *always* had expansions launch at midnight Pacific, as that's, you know, where Blizzard HQ is.

I'm damn near positive the release time zone was always PDT. Are you sure EDT was listed somewhere?
    Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    For months they have said MOP opens 12 midnight EDT, now if you look its 12 midnight PDT... 3 hours later then they have been saying for months.

Honestly why does blizzard keep saying one thing for months then a week before it happens they change things.
    Wow, that really sucks. What are you going to do with yourself for that massive gap of three hours?

My plans have only changed a little bit. Instead of sleeping through the launch at eleven, I'll be sleeping through the launch at two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because EDT was wrong. The launch time was obviously going to line up with the time in California where their launch event is.

When you preorder the Digital version of Mists it said, EDT. Which Blue stated was wrong and it was later updated to PDT. I knew this was going to happened. I wish my luck was better with Lotto numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBoy2001 View Post
    I'm damn near positive the release time zone was always PDT. Are you sure EDT was listed somewhere?
    it was listed on your account page if you had MOP already bought though dig download it was listed EDT., now after their downtime its PDT

and Cata is the only x-pac that ever has launched on pacific time every other one was EST, i was at them all.

They were never going to release the expansion midnight EST(or EDT). That would leave them releasing the game at 9pm the day before for those on the pacific coast.

Although I would LOVE to be able to play at midnight local time, I can wait 3 hours since nobody else will be playing before me.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    They were never going to release the expansion midnight EST(or EDT). That would leave them releasing the game at 9pm the day before for those on the pacific coast.

Although I would LOVE to be able to play at midnight local time, I can wait 3 hours since nobody else will be playing before me.
    they did it with TBC and with Wrath... hell my DK was already half way though outlands by the time 12 PST came around.

Cata is the only one that launched pacific time, sad thing is seeing how less then 1% of the population has seen any x-lac launch but cata they think they were all that way.

They never said it would be EDT. Battle.net account pages did say EDT, but the countdown timer on the main WoW Website said midnight PDT. They've clarified and corrected the error.

I don't like it since I have to stay up to 2 AM if I want to play when first available. People cried that East coast got to start before West Coast after achievements were put in. "Unfair for world and server firsts" was the biggest crying I remember seeing.

So now West Coast starts right at midnight while East Coast has to stay up til 3 AM or try to power nap and wake up for it so it's "fair"

Personally I think the whole thing is utterly stupid. It should be East Coast and you can play the moment you get home with your copy. Scrap server and world first achievements/FoS for leveling and for professions.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just don't know what's going on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    They never said it would be EDT. Battle.net account pages did say EDT, but the countdown timer on the main WoW Website said midnight PDT. They've clarified and corrected the error.

I don't like it since I have to stay up to 2 AM if I want to play when first available. People cried that East coast got to start before West Coast after achievements were put in. "Unfair for world and server firsts" was the biggest crying I remember seeing.

So now West Coast starts right at midnight while East Coast has to stay up til 3 AM or try to power nap and wake up for it so it's "fair"

Personally I think the whole thing is utterly stupid. It should be East Coast and you can play the moment you get home with your copy. Scrap server and world first achievements/FoS for leveling and for professions.
    I agree with you all accounts. Cataclysm and D3 did not have a smooth launch with login servers all getting hammered to death at the same time.

Just curious - how many people are going to try and log on the second it goes live?

Personally, I wait until the following evening so that I don't get annoyed by all the bugs, server queues, crashes, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    I agree with you all accounts. Cataclysm and D3 did not have a smooth launch with login servers all getting hammered to death at the same time.
    But the game itself was perfectly playable.

I mean why build a login system for 8 million people an hour when you only get that many players 1 day ever 2 years?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Just curious - how many people are going to try and log on the second it goes live?

Personally, I wait until the following evening so that I don't get annoyed by all the bugs, server queues, crashes, etc...

well the cata launch, at least in EU was rather smooth. i logged on about 15mins after my server came online, and i only got disconnected once or twice. the worst part is the 1000s of people in the new zones all trying to do the same quests :\

Deleted
    Ironically this gives me another hour of play time before 12 o clock, which has eternally been my bed time! (: So I'm down with that, pretty sure the other xpacs were released at 11pm (: (GMT)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post

It was Pacific time for Cata. And I mean, is it so important to play the second MoP goes live?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    It was Pacific time for Cata. And I mean, is it so important to play the second MoP goes live?
    I'm CST. That means for me it's 2AM.

I'm just going to sleep 9PM-1:30AM.

If anything, this is better than an EST launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiar View Post
    Where's the source showing that they said it opens at midnight Eastern? Pretty sure they've *always* had expansions launch at midnight Pacific, as that's, you know, where Blizzard HQ is.
    When I first ordered my deluxe digital download it stated it was to go live at midnight EST for me seeing I live on the east coast it was changed to midnight PDT about a week ago on my bnet account page. BOOM CK IT OUT FROM MY BNET

http://imgur.com/mv68m
    Last edited by MouseD; 2012-09-18 at 10:05 PM.