Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbo View Post
    RAWR always has formulated Trinkets better than Simulationcraft, because it has a Cooldown Stacking Module. That is also the Reason onUse Trinkets are valued much higher. Simulationcraft is just using onUse Trinkets on CD. There are no actions in Simulationcraft that account for any intelligence stacking.
    Yes there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Yes there is.
    Just check out the Log after you have simmed and you will see that they do not stack after the first turn.
    Or am I wrong in reading interval and trigger?

arcane_power : start=3.0 refresh=0.0 interval=123.7 trigger=123.7 uptime=15% benefit=24%
    blood_fury_sp : start=3.0 refresh=0.0 interval=129.2 trigger=129.2 uptime=15%
    improved_mana_gem : start=3.0 refresh=0.0 interval=127.1 trigger=127.1 uptime=15%
    synapse_springs : start=4.8 refresh=0.0 interval= 66.9 trigger=66.9 uptime=16%

3 seconds AP, Mana Gem, Blood Fury are used
    4.8 seconds Engineer Tinker
    66,9 seconds Engineer Tinker
    123,7 seconds AP
    127,1 seconds Mana Gem
    129,2 seconds Blood Fury
    133,8 seconds Engineer Tinker
    200,7 seconds Engineer Tinker
    247,4 seconds AP
    254,2 seconds Mana Gem
    267, 6 seconds Engineer Tinker
    258,4 seconds Blood Fury
    Last edited by Hibbo; 2011-07-25 at 07:31 AM.

You could ensure simcraft uses everything at the same time if the default options don't do it, but then you'll probably need to fiddle around with the action priority list.

I know that the demo profile stacks their trinket/demon soul and meta so it's entirly possible to do the same for arcane.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Yeah that was my statement, that there are no cooldown stacking actions provided by Simulationcraft, either in the standard sample output on http://simulationcraft.org/ or when you load your character into Simulationcraft.

And that is the reason why I assume that RAWR is modelling onUse trinkets better (ergo higher) as Simulationcraft because of the integrated cooldown stacking module.

I just don`t like people stating RAWR is listing onUse trinkets wrong, when they even don`t know the background and the reason for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that was my statement, that there are no cooldown stacking actions provided by Simulationcraft, either in the standard sample output on http://simulationcraft.org/ or when you load your character into Simulationcraft.

And that is the reason why I assume that RAWR is modelling onUse trinkets better (ergo higher) as Simulationcraft because of the integrated cooldown stacking module.

I just don`t like people stating RAWR is listing onUse trinkets wrong, when they even don`t know the background and the reason for it.
    SimCraft does do it, all you have to do is, you know, set-it up.

To clarify, the default setting in SimCraft do not promote stacking, they spread buffs out to give max up time, but you can go in before hitting Simulate and edit the action priority list to include stacking.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2011-07-25 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i want to ask a question about trinket, i have 3 trink and im not sure wich on i should use as a arcane mage.

i have
    DMC-V
    Moonwell Chalice
    bell of engaging resonance

i usually use dmc and BoER but i got MWC... what to do now ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    well i want to ask a question about trinket, i have 3 trink and im not sure wich on i should use as a arcane mage.

i have
    DMC-V
    Moonwell Chalice
    bell of engaging resonance

i usually use dmc and BoER but i got MWC... what to do now ?
    Drop BoER, it's a really crappy trinket for Arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop BoER, it's a really crappy trinket for Arcane.
    i dont really think that sp proc is crap for any caster but i will try to deal without it next raid
    and i can't refuse the intellect on MWC

SimCraft does do it, all you have to do is, you know, set-it up.

To clarify, the default setting in SimCraft do not promote stacking, they spread buffs out to give max up time, but you can go in before hitting Simulate and edit the action priority list to include stacking.
    Can you maybe provide some Action Lists you are using for the Standard onUse Trinkets, Engineer Tinker, AP and Mana Gem?

Just a little information, after the last rawr update the JC trinket and mwc are being valued very high. mwc is third bis and jc trinket is fourth bis for me right now, even if all the hit rating from reforged dmc is used. I do agree with this, and notice my damage at burn phases being consistently high during raids, with both on use trinkets. Both are above even heroic TM for my gear plus any combination of upgrades I'll soon have.
    Last edited by Khronis; 2011-07-25 at 04:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you maybe provide some Action Lists you are using for the Standard onUse Trinkets, Engineer Tinker, AP and Mana Gem?
    When SimCraft puts out v420.3 for OSX, I'll see what I can do. For now, I'm holding off using v420.2 due to the problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchipper View Post
    Anyone macro'ing MWC to arcane missles for conservation phase? Or is everyone using the "on use" proc manually?
    It doesn't seem like it would be much help during the conservation phase over the burn phase, seeing how you're doing like at least 2x as much dps in the first 20s of that phase. During the first 20s you will stay above 60% on average, which clearly makes the bonus mastery strictly more effective here than during the conservation phase (60%*2*mastery bonus (burn phase) vs mastery bonus (conservation phase)). Very rough numbers but should be a lower bound on the effectiveness of the MWC mastery during burn phase.
    Last edited by Khronis; 2011-07-25 at 05:50 PM.

Sooo...at the risk of annoying everyone, out of the following, which two would you use?

Shard of Woe
    Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (Normal)
    Moonwell Chalice
    Soul Casket
    Bell of Enraged Resonance (Heroic)
    Darkmoon Card : Volcano

Also, I have asked this before but didn't get an answer, can anyone say how is it best to fit synapse springs into rotation with shard of woe on-use haste? Or is it best to just re-roll tailor :P (my other prof is Enchanting which I don't want to change)

15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming VPLC continues to scale with Mana Adept and Arcane Power...that one, along with SoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grondath View Post
    Sooo...at the risk of annoying everyone, out of the following, which two would you use?

Shard of Woe
    Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (Normal)
    Moonwell Chalice
    Soul Casket
    Bell of Enraged Resonance (Heroic)
    Darkmoon Card : Volcano

Also, I have asked this before but didn't get an answer, can anyone say how is it best to fit synapse springs into rotation with shard of woe on-use haste? Or is it best to just re-roll tailor :P (my other prof is Enchanting which I don't want to change)
    I'd say the Capacitor and the Shard of Woe. Shard of Woe is bis for Arcane Mages like, forever.

Not really sure about the second question, as I'm not an Engineer, nor do I have a Shard of Woe, but I can say I love being a tailor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.