The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bump. Need 1 DPS and 1 tank.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bump. Need 1 DPS (hunter or lock)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bump. Need 1 tank, would really like to get Feral Druid or Blood DK. But if you have geared toon of other class, feel free to apply. Link in first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    Bump. Need 1 tank, would really like to get Feral Druid or Blood DK. But if you have geared toon of other class, feel free to apply. Link in first post.
    You know both of those classes are absolutely horrible for Algalon. You're doing nothing except making it harder for yourself, and if you have to ask why, then you don't know enough about the fight :/

Algalon's melee hits are very fast and hard, meaning a block tank (warrior or paladin) takes MUCH LESS damage than a druid or a dk. Your healers will ahve nothing but spikey damage whenever the feral/dk picks the boss up. I really suggest you get another warrior/pally tank.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojobinks View Post
    You know both of those classes are absolutely horrible for Algalon. You're doing nothing except making it harder for yourself, and if you have to ask why, then you don't know enough about the fight :/

Algalon's melee hits are very fast and hard, meaning a block tank (warrior or paladin) takes MUCH LESS damage than a druid or a dk. Your healers will ahve nothing but spikey damage whenever the feral/dk picks the boss up. I really suggest you get another warrior/pally tank.
    Not true, due to stat inflation with reforging/epic gems/cata food and flasks/mastery, druids are much better than warriors or paladins, they roll with ~55-60% dodge and both their mastery is OP at lvl80. You raided with bad Feral/Blood tanks then. Druids was better even at progression, as I said, I did this fight during progression on my old EU account, getting Realm Firt Algalon 25 and Yogg+0 (Death's Demise) in Fall 2009, due to HP scaling of druids in WoTLK, they was way better than any shield tank (that usually had 35-42k health when block capped and fully buffed) vs. druids at ~60-65k. Even when blocked, 17-20k swings was too spiky vs. plate tanks HP pools. Also most of Plate loot got hard nerf, since remove of defence, i.e. pieces that had like 50 defence on them got it removed and replaced maybe with 50 hit or 10-20 Str, wich is huge nerf to mitigation. As I said, if I see skilled player on warrior/paladin, I will take him/her into run, but due to how things work at lvl80 with old loot after 4.0.3a, druids and blood DKs are way better.

So don't talk about things you don't know.
    Last edited by Larrius; 2011-08-19 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Well from his post he said that he's doing this since he thinks achievements are going to be account-wide some time in the future, meaning he hopes it'll be on his main one day. Also, from his armory, he had many Ulduar/ToC/ICC kills during their appropriate times, meaning he was playing then.
    I wonder how you do that? you'd level to 71 after few heroics...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can lock XP gains.

Not true, due to stat inflation with reforging/epic gems/cata food and flasks/mastery, druids are much better than warriors or paladins, they roll with ~55-60% dodge and both their mastery is OP at lvl80. You raided with bad Feral/Blood tanks then. Druids was better even at progression, as I said, I did this fight during progression on my old EU account, getting Realm Firt Algalon 25 and Yogg+0 (Death's Demise) in Fall 2009, due to HP scaling of druids in WoTLK, they was way better than any shield tank (that usually had 35-42k health when block capped and fully buffed) vs. druids at ~60-65k. Even when blocked, 17-20k swings was too spiky vs. plate tanks HP pools. Also most of Plate loot got hard nerf, since remove of defence, i.e. pieces that had like 50 defence on them got it removed and replaced maybe with 50 hit or 10-20 Str, wich is huge nerf to mitigation. As I said, if I see skilled player on warrior/paladin, I will take him/her into run, but due to how things work at lvl80 with old loot after 4.0.3a, druids and blood DKs are way better.

So don't talk about things you don't know.
    Rofl. No. You obviously weren't paying attention then back then if you honestly think Ferals and DKs are better for Algalon than shield tanks. They weren't back then, and they aren't now. It's not about stat inflation (especially since you guys are going to be doing this as 80s).

So what if they have ~60% dodge? That's what I'm saying, Druids are built around avoidance but don't have any block, so when they DO take the full hit (which they will after dodge hits DR) it will be very spiky, unlike shield tanks who would have more controlled damage.

I have two Herald of the Titans toons, 1 80 named Gladur (in wrath) one 85 named Glader (in wrath). This achivement is no longer difficult because you DO NOT need a key to open Algalons room and you DO NOT have a timer anymore.

Best of luck to you guys, but it should have been removed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl. No. You obviously weren't paying attention then back then if you honestly think Ferals and DKs are better for Algalon than shield tanks. They weren't back then, and they aren't now. It's not about stat inflation (especially since you guys are going to be doing this as 80s).

So what if they have ~60% dodge? That's what I'm saying, Druids are built around avoidance but don't have any block, so when they DO take the full hit (which they will after dodge hits DR) it will be very spiky, unlike shield tanks who would have more controlled damage.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Like seriously, mate, just STFU.

Or you were rolling with shitty guild/druid back then, evenryone used druids for progression, they were best tanks in WoTLK. DKs was worst, but as I said, doesn't matter now with stats change. We got Algalon 25m realm first with bear and warrior tanks, something around world 60ish. So please, leave thread and don't spread your non-sense.

Or you were rolling with shitty guild/druid back then, evenryone used druids for progression, they were best tanks in WoTLK. DKs was worst, but as I said, doesn't matter now with stats change. We got Algalon 25m realm first with bear and warrior tanks, something around world 60ish. So please, leave thread and don't spread your non-sense.
    Alright, I'm sure your 1/7heroic speaks a ton about your capabilities, "mate".

There's no convincing you, but I wish someone else would come in here and tell you that Druids and DKs are horrible for Algalon. I'm not saying Druids are bad for progression at all, they're just not good for this specific fight.

Also, used two druids to tank Herald during wrath. Both were slightly undergeared aswell so it WAS possible with two druids, just not optimal.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I wish I could raid with you guys. I'd totally power level a toon to come and play with you all. Best of luck!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

What Ulduar were you playing? DK's were insanely overpowered for every single boss EXCEPT Algalon, because they couldn't block. The only reason to ever bring a non-DK tank for any of Ulduar was for Algalon.

Also, rating conversion for low level 80 gear was changed quite a bit with 4.0. Dodge/parry are way lower in Herald gear now than they were in 3.x, even ignoring the difficulty of getting people for it, herald is now a fair bit harder than it was during all of wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Jojobinks;12797136]Alright, I'm sure your 1/7heroic speaks a ton about your capabilities, "mate".

Cause that's totally on topic and has everything to do with a nerfed to the shithouse past expansion raid.
    I also progressed through Uld HMs with a druid main tank. The ridiculous amount of health you accumulated more than made up for the fact that druids couldn't block.

Quote Originally Posted by glader View Post
    I have two Herald of the Titans toons, 1 80 named Gladur (in wrath) one 85 named Glader (in wrath). This achivement is no longer difficult because you DO NOT need a key to open Algalons room and you DO NOT have a timer anymore.

Best of luck to you guys, but it should have been removed.
    Was never hard to begin with.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Signa/advanced

my char 2 prove i know what im talking about

Dear lord. This would be incredible amounts of fun. I wanted to get this on my main but failed. Good luck to all of you going for it!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'm sure your 1/7heroic speaks a ton about your capabilities, "mate".

There's no convincing you, but I wish someone else would come in here and tell you that Druids and DKs are horrible for Algalon. I'm not saying Druids are bad for progression at all, they're just not good for this specific fight.
    And? What's your point? Top guild in WoTLK on my current realm is now not even in top 10, does it mean anything? They were in world top 100 during WoTLK, and their roster haven't change mostly, they just went more relaxed raiding. When I was playing EU before moved to South East Asia my guild was in world 50-60 spots, now they just stopped raiding. SO again, what's your point? We tried algalon With Pala + Warrior, everyone who did progression know how he gibed shield tanks in 3GCD, we then just made our druid tank him all the time and warrior picking up only when druid dropped stacks in black holes. I was even playing Holy back then, I would take druid tank any day on that fight vs. shield tank, don't matter what's mittigation if tank have ~40k HP pool vs 20k swings (17k mitigated), when druids had 60k+ (our was rolling somewhere at 67k buffed I think), so much easier to handle.

Anyway it's funy how you started mentioning my progression, usually people going back to "LOLOL YOU NUB" style when they ran out of arguments. Now stop flooding thread, if you aren ot interested in the run.
    Last edited by Larrius; 2011-08-19 at 05:36 AM.

Idk man, I remember dreading to heal druids, and personally I thought they were the worst in wrath, I would rank it as warrior in first, pally second, dk, then druid.

Edit: Also, not taking anyone's side, druid may be best for alg, I don't really know, I just remember warriors be pro tanks.
    Last edited by Pocketzest; 2011-08-19 at 05:02 PM.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzest View Post
    Idk man, I remember dreading to heal druids, and personally I thought they were the worst in wrath, I would rand it as warrior in first, pally second, dk, then druid.
    LK say "Hello", I think nobody even tried to do HM Lich King without druid tank in eraly ICC (10%+ buffs). We had HM25 LK on farm since June 2010, in August our druid tank had problems with his conenction, even with overgearing, ICC wide buffs we couldn't kill LK for 2 weeks without druid tank on him.

Anyway, I don't know what this guy trying to prove. DKs maybe was crap on Alglalon back then, but from 4.0.1 they and druids ARE way OP at level 80, because they removed Defence from all plate, it's just really hard to block cap Warrior/Paladin tank even in ToC/ICC gear, without gimping threat/avoidence.

So I am looking for ANY tank, bonus points if you have druid/DK (will just make fight a bit easier), but if I see skilled player comming on Pally/Warrior, I will take him and not some herp derp on Druid/DK.
    Last edited by Larrius; 2011-08-19 at 05:48 AM.