Nostromo / N52te doesn't work on Lion 10.7

If you're like me and unwilling to play WoW without all your customizations, then do not install Lion yet!

The system preferences pane is still there, but it claims the device isn't connected (even though the OS recognizes its input). It reverts to the default key layout, and will neither autoswitch or accept a manual switch to your application profiles.

Belkin's driver is years old, and Razer have yet to release a Mac driver. Damn ridiculous.

ControllerMate, a $15 downloadable program, will control the n52te in Lion; with a small effort in programming it I've replicated my configuration and have successfully tested it. It's a very flexible piece of software that will control nearly any input device and can do very complicated things if needed, vastly more than the macro capability in Razer's drivers and config panel.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What you sure? I just bought one today and it was working fine. Though I've only used for a couple minutes to test it out.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    My Belkin n52te stopped working when I installed Lion, which is a right PITA as it's a nightmare going back to a standard keyboard once you're used to using a gamepad. The profile is still set up, but it shows as not being connected even though it is connected.

I tried controller mate, but it looks a bit too complicated for me and haven't managed to set it up. Programmers will have no problem with CM, but I couldn't figure it out, so was a waste of $15

Hopefully there'll be an update soon