Acer G7750 vs WoW

First of all: hay all.

I got few questions about performance in WoW with this PC setup:

Intel Core i7-930 2.8GHz Processor
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    2 TB Hard Drive

Soo my first question is:

1. is there anything i can change in settings to upgrade performance in raids ?

atm im running game with High settings, 1920 x 1080, low shadows, vsync - off, tripple buff - off, directx 11 - on. having around 80 fps in SW while flying, around constant 60+ in raids, but sometimes its just dropping to like 20+ when alot things happenning. is this normal for this overrated pc for game like WoW ??
    to mention - im running other games like Crysis 2 or Witcher 2 without problems with high / ultra settings and have no fps problems at all.

2. is it true that putting out power saving in control panel can help with upgrading performance ?

3. im not sure if this matters, but i have game just copied from old pc. i mean - i installed game first time on old pc, but than when i changed it 2 or 3 times i cared to install whole game with updates again, soo i just copied whole directory on other pc.

4. i dont want to put any more money atm in this machine, and i really think this is pc more than enough to game like WoW, but i sometimes think there is problem somewhere else, when im dropping in fps soo radically. any ideas ?

thanks for any response, and sorry if there was any topic about this before, but i tried to search for it and didnt find any that can fit my question.

regards,
    Knife.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are having "performance" problems in any setting with that setup (assuming shadows off) somethings wrong.

Also Turn VSync on... the only reason EVER to turn it off is for "benchmarks" because you will never ever see more fps than your screen is capable of (ie refresh rate, which is usually 60, 75 or 120Hz)

It doesn't sound to me like your on a laptop, so you shouldn't have any problems with power saving. (Turn speed step off (or whatever intel calls it) if your really paranoid ... but I doubt it'll make a difference)

copying the game from one machine to another shouldn't adversely affect performance... if you want to "refresh" your game, all you have to do is delete the Cache, WTF and Interface folders and the game should run "like new"

there are people on here buying new machines with lower specs than that. so no really don't put any more money in your machine... shouldn't think you'd need to for another 2 or 3 years.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-07-22 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knife83 View Post
    First of all: hay all.

I got few questions about performance in WoW with this PC setup:

Intel Core i7-930 2.8GHz Processor
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    2 TB Hard Drive

Soo my first question is:

1. is there anything i can change in settings to upgrade performance in raids ?

atm im running game with High settings, 1920 x 1080, low shadows, vsync - off, tripple buff - off, directx 11 - on. having around 80 fps in SW while flying, around constant 60+ in raids, but sometimes its just dropping to like 20+ when alot things happenning. is this normal for this overrated pc for game like WoW ??
    to mention - im running other games like Crysis 2 or Witcher 2 without problems with high / ultra settings and have no fps problems at all.

2. is it true that putting out power saving in control panel can help with upgrading performance ?

3. im not sure if this matters, but i have game just copied from old pc. i mean - i installed game first time on old pc, but than when i changed it 2 or 3 times i cared to install whole game with updates again, soo i just copied whole directory on other pc.

4. i dont want to put any more money atm in this machine, and i really think this is pc more than enough to game like WoW, but i sometimes think there is problem somewhere else, when im dropping in fps soo radically. any ideas ?

thanks for any response, and sorry if there was any topic about this before, but i tried to search for it and didnt find any that can fit my question.

regards,
    Knife.

PS: forgot to mention few things:

a) system was bought brand new

b) i read stories about overclocking i7 to nice numbers, but honestly - im not big fan of this. actually - im complet noob in overclocking anything, but if it might help, i can consider doing this with some help (got in-build water cooling, soo there shouldnt be a problem with overheating)

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 07:52 PM ----------

bumping it a bit

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 09:27 PM ----------

still bumping