15+ Year Old Account

Help picking a graphics card for a new computer im buying

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...38&subcat=1078

i am buying this computer and am looking to buy a graphics card to go with it, i can spend up to £150. I'm very bad with computers so that is why im needing the help! i just need it for WoW really so whatever is best for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Nvidia GTX 560 ti is probably your best bet for that price range. (Actually, it might be just a bit over. I'm not that good with euros.) However, you could also go with an AMD Radeon 5870 or even something like a 460 if you want to spend a little less. If you really only play WoW, a 460 should be good enough to max out graphics.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-259-SP
    It's not a 560 Ti but it's significantly cheaper. And it beats the GTX 460.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-07-22 at 07:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    okay great thanks for the help! i was looking at https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=44533 originaly but there doesnt seem to be any about on the sites i have looked at, if i can find this, would it be better than the 5870?

also would these be compatible with the computer i linked, and any idea on how many fps and what settings itl all be able to handle in a 25 raid? i know thats asking alot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-259-SP
    It's not a 560 Ti but it's significantly cheaper.
    winning price! Should outperform a 460 at least before counting overclocking. Else I saw this 460 there too, somewhat cheaper (and boy MSI can make ugly cards when they want to).

15+ Year Old Account
    by the reactions im assuming the one that haxartus linked is the one to go for? sorry i dont like being left with decisions myself as i have no clue whatsoever the difference between all these cards is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanez View Post
    okay great thanks for the help! i was looking at https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=44533 originaly but there doesnt seem to be any about on the sites i have looked at, if i can find this, would it be better than the 5870?

also would these be compatible with the computer i linked, and any idea on how many fps and what settings itl all be able to handle in a 25 raid? i know thats asking alot!
    Nah AMD made some confusing number-changes.

The 6870 is (somewhat) weaker than the 5870. The 6970 became the 5870's replacement in the high-end segment. Compared to the 5850, the 6870 is probably performing a little bit better.

Thing is both 5850 and 5870 got some really nice price tags since this spring. Lots of performance for a low price.

by the reactions im assuming the one that haxartus linked is the one to go for? sorry i dont like being left with decisions myself as i have no clue whatsoever the difference between all these cards is
    The 6870 is faster, but I'm not sure you will be able to find it for £127.99 unless it's on sale. The 6850 is slower than the card I linked.
    Edit:
    How is that ? Only 1 in stock tho. If you can't get that, get the 5850 Xtreme.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-07-22 at 08:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    okay great, i will probably buy the one originaly linked by haxartus then the 6870 was about £140 on aria but its been discontinued. how well do you think wow will run in a 25man with the 5850

how well do you think wow will run in a 25man with the 5850
    As well as it gets. 25m raids are more CPU bound than GPU.

It sounds to me like you are wanting a "midrange" graphics card. Cards that are commonly recommended in that category, from high to low by price, are the 6950 1GB, 560 Ti, 6870, 460, and 6850. All of those will run WoW at high settings, with the first three easily handling ultra (provided your CPU is up to snuff).
    mostowizard is genius.
    -Posted by zaf on 23/12/10