Why was CoEx nerfed?

I know its been a while since it happened but can someone tell me why it was nerfed to 30%. If i remember correctly its because it was spammable. What was the point of this when Arc mages also have a slow that can also be spammed, has 10% more slow than CoEx did, is applied by just attacking and also slows attack or cast speed one (cant remember). Yes i know arc mages slow can only be used on one target at a time, why not just do that for CoEx and give us 50% slow back. Still mad about drain mana and detect invis just being removed also =P . Leveled my lock in BC just for pvp and i must say im not happy with where we have ended up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't happy with the changes either. With the money I've saved though, I was able to buy myself a new flatscreen for the bedroom. (Only a slight exaggeration!)

Honestly, I can't say I remember ever hearing a good reason to tell the truth. In the end, I wasn't happy with the Cata lock. It just wasn't fun to me anymore /cry. Truth be told, I never liked most of Blizzards decisions with the way they try to balance the game and I found the lore simply atrocious. I swear if a group of fans had the funding they could probably do 10 times of a better job.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle