Deleted

Unhappy Laptop suddenly gives up?

I've had this laptop for nearly 2 years, without any problem at all (excluding PEBCAK ofc) but today it suddenly stopped working while I was playing WoW. not even a weird sound, nor an error message, just black screen, sound goes off with that, then immediately power light and after that charging light that turns off. Now when I plug it in, it lights 1 of the charging lights (the one the furthest from the DC in) but thats pretty much all it still does. I do still have repair warranty, but the question is: How screwed am I, what could be the problem?

I thought of the HDD, but it doesn't even power up anymore. The only things I can think off are the part of the PSU inside the laptop (since apparently the part there is screwed, seeing how even the LED's ther got owned) or the motherboard. so anyone had this before? If more info is needed, I can provide you with that. For the model: Acer Aspire 7738G 904G50MN

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can try taking the battery out, having the power cord unplugged and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Then plug in the power cord but leave the battery out and try starting it up.

My suggestion would be to take the laptop hard drive out and back it up through another computer before you send it away should you need to. Because they will reformat your drive.

Deleted
    thanks for the tip, but it didn't work... guess i'll take it to the shop tomorrow hoping that they can fix it, I don't have enough money for a new one :s

also, when i plugged it in, I figured I should listen for some weird noises and I heard a soft beeping sound under the power button/close to the DC in... I'd say it's the power supply thingy there, hope they can fix that >.<

anyway, thanks