Deleted

[Movies] So I just watched Threads...

I don't really know the point of this thread, but I really have to get it out.

Seriously, that is probably the most disturbing movie I've ever seen. Not only because of the excellent choreography (or however it's spelt), but also because that would probably be the outcome if a nuclear war ever happened.

Now, luckely there's not a huge risk of that happening, seeing how North Korea is pretty much the only one who seems to want war in this world and their nuclear missiles are, well, pathetic.

Still, I just have this fascination for World War 3, nuclear apocalypses and everything but... wow, after watching this I will probably just lay off with those for a while. Threads is fucking horrifying.

I've never seen the movie, and don't have a particular desire to, but I agree the topic is really rather disturbing. There's good reason that upon seeing the first nuclear weapon tested J. Robert Oppenheimer's reaction was to recall the words of the Bhagavad Gita, "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

10+ Year Old Account
    Name of the movie?

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Name of the movie?
    Threads
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Ok, thanks, might check it out

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    it was released in 1984 spooky :P

looks interesting finding a copy now >o

on a sidenote, the most powerful film I watched about nuclear holocaust was 'barefoot gen' an anime directed by someone who was in hiroshima in 1945.

Deleted
    so I too Have just watched this, and its a real eye opener.
    Anyone condoning the use of nuclear weapons really needs to watch this, easily one of the most thought provoking movies I have seen, Thanks OP for suggesting it.