Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Doesn't mean you should take something for granted.
    This is something that won't leave because you take it for granted, in other words, it's just a game. It's not a girl or something, rofl..

Also, Blizzard is happy with how they have LFD set up, they're not going to just remove it for absolutely no reason. If you want to argue that then go ahead but I won't waste anymore time than I already have on arguing stupid things with people who hate to be wrong.
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-07-23 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    Again, this is all relative. Those that bitch non-stop about a run and vote negatively on whatever are most likely to be recieveing the same 4x over. I spend the majority of my WoW time tanking LFD pugs with 3 tanking toons and it's no-where near as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.
    Agreed, it's not as bad as the forums make it out to be.

But there are the people that'd do it "for the lulz", because someone took their gear, or just because they felt like it as well even if htey didn't say anything. ANY sort of voting system on behavior is going to be fraught with misuse, but add in that you're never going to see them again and wasted "your" time doing an instance for "that scrub" to beat you and the bad buttons are gonna light up like a christmas tree. Not for everyone, and not on every run, but enough to make it effectively useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    The nice thing about having a bank of said surveys. The few that try and fuck with the system for the sake of it get overruled by the majority that didn't.
    It'd just make people afraid to even talk and more likely to just randomly leave groups because they're afraid someone will make a bad "survey" about them. I don't know why people think the solution to a terrible community is to give said community more authority.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    sub 10k is not "acceptable" for anything at all, really. most of us were pushing 10-13k in greens.

regardless, I believe everyone should put their money where their mouth is. It's not right to berate someone if you aren't doing so hot yourself.

but really i just believe that itt: "bunch of bads being bad, more news @ 11". Theres gonna be bads in DF groups and theres going to be jerks who are just as bad. I myself get a little fussed when I wipe to trash in Zul'Aman. Earlier today I yelled at the party because someone pulled the troll and two alligators + MORE alligators as I pulled the first set of cats on the way to Halazzi.

I just hope that you know there is a difference between being a jerk just because someone thinks that they can be a jerk and being a jerk because other players are complete failures that aren't pulling their own weight.
    First, i want you to cancel the dream that "most of you/us" were pushing 10-13k in greens, because that's a blatant lie. Atleast when i look at my recount after every heroic, more than half are stuck at 7-9k. And that goes for 80% of all groups i'm in. That's it.

Second, i understand frustration to the level where you wipe continuesly for hours on stuff that is too easy. Heck, i do rage too when it comes to a point where it's just not wipeable anymore and it has to be due to incompetence from players. But i refuse to rage over a simple trash wipe in ZA, because it happens. And it's just a god damned game, in the end. No matter how serious you can possibly take it.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 11:03 PM ----------

holding up 4 other people with your crap DPS because you can't spend 15 minutes learning how to play your class is just as selfish.
    8k dps is not even slack, get over yourself. And more importantly, no one is holding anyone up with crap DPS unless it's 6k or lower. That's just you speedy gonzales people that can't enjoy the game, and just want your valors. In my opinion, that is not the problem of anyone but yourself, and the people complaining about this too.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 11:08 PM ----------

10k DPS is slacking.
    Define slacking. No really, please define it for me. Because it's not what you think, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    First, i want you to cancel the dream that "most of you/us" were pushing 10-13k in greens, because that's a blatant lie. Atleast when i look at my recount after every heroic, more than half are stuck at 7-9k. And that goes for 80% of all groups i'm in. That's it.

Second, i understand frustration to the level where you wipe continuesly for hours on stuff that is too easy. Heck, i do rage too when it comes to a point where it's just not wipeable anymore and it has to be due to incompetence from players. But i refuse to rage over a simple trash wipe in ZA, because it happens. And it's just a god damned game, in the end. No matter how serious you can possibly take it.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 11:03 PM ----------

8k dps is not even slack, get over yourself. And more importantly, no one is holding anyone up with crap DPS unless it's 6k or lower. That's just you speedy gonzales people that can't enjoy the game, and just want your valors. In my opinion, that is not the problem of anyone but yourself, and the people complaining about this too.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 11:08 PM ----------

Define slacking. No really, please define it for me. Because it's not what you think, trust me.

This, 7k+ is perfectly acceptable in a normal heroic dungeon, 10k+ is enough to get the job done in a troll heroic dungeon, indeed thats usually the dps for 329+ and 346+ ilvls for the lower end class's, have your tried a boomy on single target? in 350 gear i can do 12k and i know im not doing anything wrong, my 358 Spriest does 16k, my 362 Rogue does 23k, of which i was pulling 10K+ on boss's since normals, some class's have it easier, some have it harder, shut up and stop being a jerk, if you cant do a normal heroic with 7K+dps then YOU are a bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yotei View Post
    If you want to argue that then go ahead but I won't waste anymore time than I already have on arguing stupid things with people who hate to be wrong.
    Doesn't matter if they aren't going to take it away.

6k DPS is terrible. There is no getting around it, so you can accept it or keep calling me a moron like you keep doing.

First, i want you to cancel the dream that "most of you/us"
    9k, maybe as a fresh melee without hit/exp caps. But that was before LOTD was even working. It wasn't until January that Blizzard had actually realized it was not working at all.

But i refuse to rage over a simple trash wipe in ZA, because it happens. And it's just a god damned game, in the end. No matter how serious you can possibly take it.
    There are only 24 hours in one day. I'm not spending any longer than 2-3% of that time with people who can't even run a heroic flawlessly. I'm not asking everyone to do 30k DPS, but spending an hour in a heroic is absurd.

8k dps is not even slack, get over yourself. And more importantly, no one is holding anyone up with crap DPS unless it's 6k or lower.
    Yes it is.

Because at level 83 my DK was pushing 13k DPS and dropped down to 10k @ 85 because of combat ratings. But that was exactly the amount of DPS I was doing at 80. My Warrior was pushing 9k before Arms got PvE buffs and got close enough to on par with Fury. My Rogue was easily on par with my Death Knight in heroics.

I'm not even a world class player, I didn't do hardmodes or kill sinestra and ascendant council. I never got Light of Dawn or killed Lich King pre-nerf. Infact, I've actually never killed him. Maybe I'm selling myself short, but I'm not an amazing player. If I can do it, you should be able to do it.

The actual definition means to loosen the hold or grip a line has on something. In the country, where I come from, slacking off means doing a less than sufficient job.

Deleted
    Doesn't matter if they aren't going to take it away.

6k DPS is terrible. There is no getting around it, so you can accept it or keep calling me a moron like you keep doing.
    Not in any way have i declared that it is not terrible to do 6k dps. There i agree with you, that's just plain terrible no matter what excuse any person have.

9k, maybe as a fresh melee without hit/exp caps. But that was before LOTD was even working. It wasn't until January that Blizzard had actually realized it was not working at all.
    But does that change the fact that recount, the most reliable addon for DPS counting, says people still rests at 8k? Numbers don't lie, good sir. Numbers don't lie. And i am still able to do heroics due to this "lackluster of DPS" in less than 30 minutes.

There are only 24 hours in one day. I'm not spending any longer than 2-3% of that time with people who can't even run a heroic flawlessly. I'm not asking everyone to do 30k DPS, but spending an hour in a heroic is absurd.
    Spending an hour in a heroic IS absurd, yes. But you can't expect people to run a heroic flawlessly. In fact, you should expect failures as well as you must be prepared to face a possible accident when you are taking a bus or a train. Because it can happen. This game demands time, i'm sorry, but it does.

Yes it is.

Because at level 83 my DK was pushing 13k DPS and dropped down to 10k @ 85 because of combat ratings. But that was exactly the amount of DPS I was doing at 80. My Warrior was pushing 9k before Arms got PvE buffs and got close enough to on par with Fury. My Rogue was easily on par with my Death Knight in heroics.

I'm not even a world class player, I didn't do hardmodes or kill sinestra and ascendant council. I never got Light of Dawn or killed Lich King pre-nerf. Infact, I've actually never killed him. Maybe I'm selling myself short, but I'm not an amazing player. If I can do it, you should be able to do it.
    Just wanna add a single thing first, bragging about DK dps being pushed to high levels is not hard at all. I can faceroll my keyboard and do 14k dps without lying to you. Why? Because Death Knights are an easy class to play, that's why. Cata made it harder, granted, but not hard enough to be an actual challenge. It's still easy. - With that outta the way, you sound somewhat skilled. Mind you, you can be skilled without being a world class player. You do not have to down bosses in order to be good, that's just what some of the community wants you to believe. My point: there is just some people who are doing thier best, and it just cannot be called slack. Granted, it can be called less skilled, but they need help then. Being an arrogant jerk won't help.

The actual definition means to loosen the hold or grip a line has on something. In the country, where I come from, slacking off means doing a less than sufficient job.
    Slacking can't be combined to DPS numbers unless you know that the guy can pull more if you know his current skilllevel. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have toons on drenden, bunch of annoying pussycats >=(
    >>> ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!! <<<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I had 65+ % critchance on level 80 and a big amount of haste too.
    There is no way that some guy in 333 gear is outdpsing a level 80 toon, everyone got nerfed so hard.
    Sadly it seems most people purely concentrate on the single context-less number that recount/skada vomits at them. They frankly don't care about how that figure is attained, they just want to attach a value to themselves such that they can show off and use it to berate/belittle others.

For someone running a heroic for the first time in a particular spec, in 333 average gear, this figure of 8k overall (assuming that was average across all trash/bosses? - it doesn't really say) is really not that bad. It's certainly not as criminal as some people in this game would make it out to be. I'd rather have someone like this in my group any day, over some idiot strutting about abusing others and banging on about damage meters all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That system would backfire
    How many people would actually tell the truth?
    "Zomg, he took my item.. Let's flame him in the survey!"
    Yeah, that sort of system would definitely be open to abuse. As to whether the abuse would prove to be nothing but statistical noise in the long-run is hard to say.

I would simplify it greatly. Just have options for each player :-
    "I would like to group with this player in the future"
    "I would NOT want to group with the player again in the future"
    "Don't care"

This would be somewhat less open to abuse because choosing to never group with someone again for frivalous reasons would just end up narrowing down the pool of players available to you in future runs, thus potentially increasing your own queue times.

It would be presented as basically a large server-side friends/ignore list. However because that would be technically impractical (probably), then behind the scenes it could function as the karma system that was mentioned previously, i.e. it would just keep a tally of good/bad feedback against each character/account.

Probably still wouldn't work or solve anything though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've come across a lot of players in my years of playing, well mainly since the LFD was implemented 'last 2xpacks u made ur own' but anyways,I never not say anything though and that's good you stuck up for the hunter and even went onto his server. Hats off to you, but that guy was just a dick-wad that clearly thought he was an amazing player stacking hit because it says hit I hope he reads this forum..and really good job saying something some people would just ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    It'd just make people afraid to even talk and more likely to just randomly leave groups because they're afraid someone will make a bad "survey" about them. I don't know why people think the solution to a terrible community is to give said community more authority.
    Why not? It made the official forums better with the up/down-vote functions.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    For someone running a heroic for the first time in a particular spec, in 333 average gear, this figure of 8k overall (assuming that was average across all trash/bosses? - it doesn't really say) is really not that bad. It's certainly not as criminal as some people in this game would make it out to be. I'd rather have someone like this in my group any day, over some idiot strutting about abusing others and banging on about damage meters all the time...
    As a hunter it REALLY is, for most classes as well but hunters are a joke when they dinged. You can get 8k+ with just 3 buttons on your bars there's nothing hard about pressing buttons, rotation meh maybe for some people but pressing buttons ? I really wonder sometimes what people do, do they go afk in the middle of their rotation or don't they like pressing buttons or what is it ?

15+ Year Old Account
    @OP, you know you can still see the pally's name in the ss you took? see character screen top.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    The berater and the hunter are both jerks. The hunter for not knowing WTF to do with their class and then jumping in a heroic and essentially doing the same single target DPS 80 hunters did in 5 mans during WOTLK. The other guy for being a massive cockface and not trying to help the guy or just vote kicking, though I can understand his frustration.
    8k DPS in a non-zand heroic is perfectly acceptable. the 3.4k boomkin (on AoE pulls - yes, with typhoon, noy glyphed for no KB) i was playing with the other day, however, is not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrykolas View Post
    As a hunter it REALLY is, for most classes as well but hunters are a joke when they dinged. You can get 8k+ with just 3 buttons on your bars there's nothing hard about pressing buttons, rotation meh maybe for some people but pressing buttons ? I really wonder sometimes what people do, do they go afk in the middle of their rotation or don't they like pressing buttons or what is it ?
    Here you get the explaination to as why some playing hunter got less DPS than 8k:

Hunters = faceroll class
    Faceroll class + serious player = insanity DPS.

Faceroll class = attracting kids/adults with no sense of keyboard- or game mechanics.
    Faceroll class + useless player = insane low DPS.
    Insane low DPS = frustration.

Loading rage. . . . .

"DUDE SERIOUSLY WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO BEEP..."

You know the rest of the story.

Just wanna add a single thing first, bragging about DK dps being pushed to high levels is not hard at all. I can faceroll my keyboard and do 14k dps without lying to you. Why? Because Death Knights are an easy class to play, that's why. Cata made it harder, granted, but not hard enough to be an actual challenge. It's still easy.
    What class is remotely skill capped from doing 14k? DK is easy, but so is everything else. In my personal experience all mage specs and ret are easier than frost. That doesn't make frost hard, but it makes the 8k ret in 353s terrible.

I had a hunter in ZA cast NOTHING but steady shot and aimed shot procs doing 16k+ with a 372 bow.

I will tolerate terrible dps in 346 heroic dungeons, but I'm not killing hive queen every time I roll into ZG for 8k dpsers.
    Last edited by Sert; 2011-07-25 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    And that's where the ' just go with friends then ' arguement comes in.

if you go LFD, you can and should expect freshly dinged tanks, healers and people who never played that dungeon ( even if only in that role)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sert View Post
    What class is remotely skill capped from doing 14k? DK is easy, but so is everything else. In my personal experience all mage specs and ret are easier than frost. That doesn't make frost hard, but it makes the 8k ret in 353s terrible.

I had a hunter in ZA cast NOTHING but steady shot and aimed shot procs doing 16k+ with a 372 bow.

I will tolerate terrible dps in 346 heroic dungeons, but I'm not killing hive queen every time I roll into ZG for 8k dpsers.
    I agree.

Most classes are more than just viable to deal a lot over that.
    I just wanted to point out that he's "oh look i'm cool. These standards are above you all and you should follow". In an MMO, if you wanna be anywhere near a player people wants to play with, that attitude is like walking in a forest with tainted mushrooms.

I'm just saying; help the terrible, do not mock them. No one has the right to do that.

Deleted
    after reading i was like ,meh baddies liek that happen but also.

Thanks for loging the hunter and trying to help that guy, if lfd was made up of more people who did that instead of the warior we would never see posts like the one you made here.

/cheer

All i can say is.. I hope I run into this tank in a Random. And you can obviously see his name is Kopaka.. Inc trolling.

Updated: And my trolling is done.. I made him log out.
    Last edited by Pussnboots; 2011-07-25 at 03:57 PM.