Question Trading Tailoring For Engineering?

Hey, so here's my situation. I'm a lvl 85 DK with almost maxed Tailoring and Enchanting. I chose Tailoring a long time ago to make gold but I have now realized that I'm missing out on a stat boost that another profession could be giving me to boost my DPS just a little more. My question is would switch profs actually be worth the extra stats? I don't really have a lot of gold so making gold off my professions would still be nice but not a must. I've looked into engineering and I know it's not a money maker but I've heard it's really fun and you get the epic helm with the extra sockets but that's about it as far as the stats go. I also heard there are some other perks for you gloves and belt or something along those lines but I'm not sure exactly. So to clarify I'm looking for a stat bonus/fun/gold maker it really doesn't have to be all three of these but a combination would be nice. I want to keep my enchanting and I have a maxed Blacksmith and Miner so I could get mats for Engineering pretty easily. I also have a pretty high JC so I really don't want to go the route. Now I'm just kind of making this longer than it needs to be so... What do you guys think drop Tailoring before I waste and more gold and pick up engineering to have a more enjoyable experience while benefiting by a extra stat bonus?

pretty sure that tailoring gives the best back enchants which provide the best boost...but then again this coming from a warlock who also utilizes the free leg enchants.

engineering isn't going to give a lot of bonus if they don't increase the helm to a higher ilvl and the cogs in coming patches to match content. sure the synapse springs are nice and some belt utilities, but overall its comparative to other professions and their +80 primary i believe
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

Engineering is easiest the most fun profession out there you can make all sorts of useful and fun gadgets and gizmos
    But its a huge gold sink, poor money maker and not a great dps boost if thats what your looking for

I love engineering Ive leveled it on 4 different toons. But I am also a person who loves "Toy" items Like others and you have said It will not be a money maker.

engineering drops to the bottom of the barrel practically since a 359 helm is hardly useful in 378/391 gear.. well less useful anyway... unless they update it. for spellcasters tailoring is the best.. not sure bout attack power users.

Personally, I've been choosing professions based on what kind of gear my chars wear. My pally has jc/bs, my lock has tailoring/ inscription etc.

However, I would definitely drop Tailoring for Engineering because as Elitist Jerks' thread on frost dk's shows:

Engineering is the top profession given its stackable 480 strength bonus to gloves for 10 seconds every minute (80 strength average passive). Jewelcrafting follows as a second pick with its Bold Chimera gems replacing Bold Inferno Rubies netting 81 additonal strength. Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Inscription are on par bringing up the rear.

Alchemy: Mixology adds an additional 80 strength on to [Flask of Titanic Strength] and increases the duration of all alchemical consumables
    Blacksmithing: Smithing allows for an extra socket in your bracers and gloves netting 80 strength (2x [Bold Inferno Ruby])
    Enchanting: [Enchant Ring - Strength] can be used on both rings for a total of 80 additional strength
    Engineering: Engineers can add [Synapse Springs] to gloves (480 strength * 10s/ 60s cooldown = passive 80 strength) and it stacks with normal enchants
    Herbalism: Herbalists have the castable [Lifeblood] ability (480 haste * 20s / 2 min cooldown = passive 80 haste)
    Inscription: [Lionsmane Inscription] is an alternative to the Therazane faction reward shoulder enchant
    Jewelcrafting: 3 x [Bold Chimera's Eye] to socket into your gear instead of 3 x [Bold Inferno Ruby] equates to 81 extra strength
    Leatherworking: Leatherworkers can add [Draconic Embossment] to wrists and is 80 strength superior to what enchanters can provide.
    Mining: Miners receive a 120 stamina buff
    Skinning: Skinners receive a 80 critical strike rating bonus
    Tailoring: Tailors can sew [Swordguard Embroidery] into cloaks but it does not stack with [Enchant Cloak - Greater Critical Strike] so it's generally considered less desirable
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering isn't something you should go with as your first choice if you're only looking to increase dps bonuses. If you want a profession that is more for fun and makeing useless but cool items that will make you little money go engineering. If you want a profession that makes good money and gives you good dps boosts i'd say go jewelcrafting. the jc gems+enchanted rings = the best passive stat bonus you can get.