Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There has been some update recently, the recon's damage has been slightly buffed and some overall fixes in favor of snipers in general, but they stil arent able to 1 hit at melee distance :/
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh401 View Post
    I would be very grateful for an extra or unusable key if someone is feeling generous I even promise to actually provide feedback to DICE as well!

Also thanks for the impressions guys, appreciate it. Especially the recon feedback, as it was my favourite class to play in BC2 - and I do mean playing as RECON and not just sitting back and sniping The lack of 1-hit-kills in close quarters combat irks me a little as I've many kills that way while being in the thick of it with my C4 and trusty pistol. I guess my fear here is that it's going to "encourage" Recons to just sit back and only snipe even more. Are you guys finding this is the case so far?

Cheers
    To answer your question:

The Metro map is good for recon on the initial stage (Park), especially if you're defending. After that, playing recon might not be the best idea until you get past Ticket Station and back out into open areas. That being said, I haven't unlocked much but I'm assuming you are designed entirely on sitting back and sniping, though constantly moving is essential after a few kills. So yes, so far recon's job is to sit back and snipe.

So far I have played Recon about 50% of my time in game and it feels fun. Here are some things about Recon that stand out to me.

Going from 100% Recon in BC2 and not having prone, to Recon in BF3 with prone is like night and day. You can REALLY hide REALLY well now and use cover to a HUGE advantage because of prone.

The twinkling of your scope is a dead giveaway to others. Staying scoped in can get you killed.

There is a red dot attachment that adds like a laser site to your rifle. It sort blinds people if you are targeting them, kind of cool.

Ah I see how it is. Well that's what Alphas and Betas are for, testing this kinda crap out. How are you guys finding the 3D-spotting?? I pretty much hated it in BC2, basically a wall hack.. hoping it's improved somehow in BF3? since I don't think they'll get rid of it at this point, unless it's an option in the server setup (knocks wood)

Edit: Cool, thanks for that! I had forgot about the scope twinkle lol. So only while scoped, that's a fair compromise. I'm really looking forward to prone!! Which sort of ties into my curiosity over 3D spotting, maybe it's sort of necessary consider the foliage and hiding possibilities?
    Last edited by Kosh401; 2011-07-29 at 09:33 PM.

i got in also . only major bug i've run across is arms going through the person's torso .. aka his front is facing me but his arms are at a 90% angle to say his left .. and his right arm is going THROUGH his torso

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh401 View Post
    Ah I see how it is. Well that's what Alphas and Betas are for, testing this kinda crap out. How are you guys finding the 3D-spotting?? I pretty much hated it in BC2, basically a wall hack.. hoping it's improved somehow in BF3? since I don't think they'll get rid of it at this point, unless it's an option in the server setup (knocks wood)

Edit: Cool, thanks for that! I had forgot about the scope twinkle lol. So only while scoped, that's a fair compromise. I'm really looking forward to prone!! Which sort of ties into my curiosity over 3D spotting, maybe it's sort of necessary consider the foliage and hiding possibilities?
    Since a shit ton of people don't know that Q is 3d spotting, it doesn't happen a lot but it is still like it was in BC2. I spam it lol. It helps me track people through bushes and when they hide behind stuff.

I'm getting tired of the random crashes/freezes now. I was just doing amazing as recon and my team was just rocking. We made it to ticket station and I was mid knife animation on a clown when my game just closed. All those sick points from that match gone. /alphawoes

The Medic class is fucking tight in this game. Medkits that rock, infinite rez that is like instantly casted. So much win and you can just see the love and care in people's eyes when they realize they can just get back up and keep fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Since a shit ton of people don't know that Q is 3d spotting, it doesn't happen a lot but it is still like it was in BC2. I spam it lol. It helps me track people through bushes and when they hide behind stuff.

I'm getting tired of the random crashes/freezes now. I was just doing amazing as recon and my team was just rocking. We made it to ticket station and I was mid knife animation on a clown when my game just closed. All those sick points from that match gone. /alphawoes

The Medic class is fucking tight in this game. Medkits that rock, infinite rez that is like instantly casted. So much win and you can just see the love and care in people's eyes when they realize they can just get back up and keep fighting.
    Im so glad they added the option to not accept the revive so many times in BC2 you would be revived in terrible spots or when you wanted to change kits

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Im so glad they added the option to not accept the revive so many times in BC2 you would be revived in terrible spots or when you wanted to change kits
    Yup. Very nice touch that was definitely needed. I hated wanting to change positions as a sniper now that my cover was blown but instead I had to hoof it across a dangerous area.

Have you noticed if a death is still recorded if you are revived?

Thats good to hear you've already had some good teamwork going on.. now hopefully they add comma rose so it can be even better/easier to work as a squad/team!

Deleted
    you guys with alpha invites suck, I've literally been waiting for this game since I laid my grubby paws on 1942 back in 02, but i suppose it doesn't matter as my rig died and am making do with a craptacular desktop.

btw does anyone hope for a battlefield 1942 mod to be developed for this? would be ironic a lil too considering the desert combat mod for BF:1942

Argh, really want an invite :<. Been playing a lot of BC2/Vietnam recently, it's so nice that I finally have a computer able to run it well

If the game wasn't through Origin (therefore my swotr account) I would gladly pass it on to someone else to enjoy. I'm gonna take a break for a bit due to consistent crashes and lack of gaining xp there of. Hopefully Nvidia hops on board with drivers soon and a new build goes out with a new map.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the game wasn't through Origin (therefore my swotr account) I would gladly pass it on to someone else to enjoy. I'm gonna take a break for a bit due to consistent crashes and lack of gaining xp there of. Hopefully Nvidia hops on board with drivers soon and a new build goes out with a new map.
    i'm using 275.50 and have never crashed. it's the exact same driver as 275.33, just with a few 3d things added. I hope you aren't using the 280.xx driver

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ta-driver.html

This driver is identical to the GeForce 275.33 WHQL-certified release except for the following changes:
    New in Release 275.50

• Enables SLI technology on SLI-certified motherboards with AMD chipsets: 990FX, 990X, and 970.
    • Improves 3D Vision performance with Duke Nukem Forever with 3-way SLI and Quad SLI technology.

Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post
    i'm using 275.50 and have never crashed. it's the exact same driver as 275.33, just with a few 3d things added. I hope you aren't using the 280.xx driver
    I'm using 275.33 but I don't have any of that 3D stuff on my PC. It was causing issues with some game (I can't remember which) and I had to uninstall all of the 3D parts of the drivers.

I'm patient. I'll wait for the 275.75 to release or a new map to come out. Which ever comes first.

P.S. Recon Bolt Action rifles are amazing.

Deleted
    I'm using 275.33 but I don't have any of that 3D stuff on my PC. It was causing issues with some game (I can't remember which) and I had to uninstall all of the 3D parts of the drivers.

I'm patient. I'll wait for the 275.75 to release or a new map to come out. Which ever comes first.

P.S. Recon Bolt Action rifles are amazing.
    Recon -- Bolt---Action---Rifles?

DON'T MESS WITH ME NOW. BF3 is gonna be so damn good. Why oh why does it have to come out so late!!

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Recon -- Bolt---Action---Rifles?

DON'T MESS WITH ME NOW. BF3 is gonna be so damn good. Why oh why does it have to come out so late!!
    Yeah Recon is the sniper class. You start with a semiauto sniper rifle with a 6x scope (on both sides). The second weapon unlock is a bolt action. So much better than the starter rifle imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Aye, didn't put enough effort into my post to make where I stand more clear hehe, i'm all up for a sniper being able to 1 shot you, it's a sniper rifle after all, but I just hope they dont make it easy to 1 shot in melee range like so many other FPS do. The whole method of killing a sniper is supposed to be catching them offguard by sneaking behind them. I agree that in the Alpha recon is currently crap, but thats more to do with how easy it is to almost 1 shot people as other classes than it is about not being able to snipe in melee range.
    Valve had the perfect balance in CSS with the AWP actually. Sometimes you didn't 1 shot, and no-scoped was very hard to hit (You would have to be lucky).

So I just reinstalled BF 2 and quickly remembered why I uninstalled it in the first place. I emptied a entire clip into someone with my sights never leaving his torso and didn't hit him once. I don't mind the every bullet won't hit your target but come on. The biggrst factor when missing while firing in real life are the actions of the user (nervous, shaky, breathing at the wrong time, etc) since you are playing a professional soldier none of those should be a problem and you should be almost laser accurate. Wind is the biggest non human factor but unless your using a sniper rifle it changes very little. Again I don't mind missing every so often but in BF2 it becomes more about luck than skill.

That said I'm looking forward to this game and just hoping the iron sights are better than BF 2.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    So I just reinstalled BF 2 and quickly remembered why I uninstalled it in the first place. I emptied a entire clip into someone with my sights never leaving his torso and didn't hit him once. I don't mind the every bullet won't hit your target but come on. The biggrst factor when missing while firing in real life are the actions of the user (nervous, shaky, breathing at the wrong time, etc) since you are playing a professional soldier none of those should be a problem and you should be almost laser accurate. Wind is the biggest non human factor but unless your using a sniper rifle it changes very little. Again I don't mind missing every so often but in BF2 it becomes more about luck than skill.

That said I'm looking forward to this game and just hoping the iron sights are better than BF 2.
    Try this mod
    http://www.realitymod.com/
    Its suppoed to make bf2 so much better

10+ Year Old Account
    isnt the Alpha closed now? Or is it tonight? And isnt closed beta supposed to open this week?
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    isnt the Alpha closed now? Or is it tonight? And isnt closed beta supposed to open this week?
    I think the alpha is down already, the site is off from hours so yea.
    The beta was scheduled to take place during September afaik.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.