Front panel audio not working.

Sup guys, when I plug in headphones in the front panel I get no sound and I have tried like 10 headphones. I do get sound from the rear panel though since I have my speakers plugged in the back. My PC doesn't detect or show that headphones are plugged in when I go to playback devices. Anyone have suggestion? Thanks.

Deleted
    Is it Realtek? Mine are REALLY weird and only detect front panels when I set it to "disable front panel jack detection" in realtek audio manager

Could either be driver problems or a dead front jack. Dead front jacks are possible (I've heard reports of them) along with other front panel things being dead. The power LED on one of my cases has never once worked for instance, despite being plugged into the correct motherboard jumper.

I downloaded the latest realtek hd audio driver but still nothing. Also everyone to tells me to check the audio manager but I couldn 't find it (first PC build ). Where can I find it?

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iindigo View Post
    Could either be driver problems or a dead front jack. Dead front jacks are possible (I've heard reports of them) along with other front panel things being dead. The power LED on one of my cases has never once worked for instance, despite being plugged into the correct motherboard jumper.
    Oh man I really hope I don't have a dead front jack. What I'm doing right now is just plugging the headset through the volume control of my speakers but sometimes that annoys me because the wire occasionally hangs over my hand.

Are the connectors plugged in properly?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know with my previous one, I had to go to the audio manager in control panel and select my headphone and mic as default for recording and output etc and then they worked fine from that point on from the front jacks. Previously though they would only worked plugged into the back of the computer unless I changed them like I just stated.
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by naadra View Post
    I know with my previous one, I had to go to the audio manager in control panel and select my headphone and mic as default for recording and output etc and then they worked fine from that point on from the front jacks. Previously though they would only worked plugged into the back of the computer unless I changed them like I just stated.
    Well the thing is that its not even detecting any headphones plugged in.