Page 1 of 2
LastLast

JC Tokens, Carry on saving them?

As the title says, should i carry on stacking them up in hope of epic gems? wat are other people doing? ive got around 100 of them now, obviously waiting on epic gems, but ive got a bad feeling about something, like il save up to around 150 or so, then epic gems will come out but require a different token to buy the recipes for, do u think this could happen or am i just being stupid? :P Post suggestions below Cheers.

I think it's very likely that a new type of token will be needed when the epic gems are released. Blizzard won't want everyone to have every new cut on the first day.

I'm saving my tokens as well.
    If we get epic gems, grats me, I saved my tokens.
    If we get epics gem patterns that are bought with other currency, then what's the big deal. You've done a 1 minute daily every day, and you've only lost out on blue recipes. So, you can now spend your 150 tokens on blue recipes, just like they would've been spent back when you did the quests.

And yes, I think there will be epic gems, and yes I think the patterns will be bought with the tokens we have atm. But I'm not gonna cry if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Jewelcrafters saved up on tokens in the previous expansion too, Blizzard doesn't have a problem with it. People will ALWAYS save up on stuff that are gonna be usefull later when a new patch hits.

The thing is, im not bothered about the blue recipes, the gems arent worth shit atm so i wouldnt buy them, i would buy chimera's eye tht can sell for roughly 100g each, which in my case would bag me around 10kg.

And you will still be able to do that when/if epic gems comes out or not.

i doubt we will get epic gems.
    chimera eyes are for example 67 agility and the blue ones are 40 agility. how much will the new epic gems have that it wont trivialize the jc only gems? and on the other hand the chimaera eyes are epic already.

Quote Originally Posted by darktemplaru View Post
    chimera eyes are for example 67 agility and the blue ones are 40 agility. how much will the new epic gems have that it wont trivialize the jc only gems? and on the other hand the chimaera eyes are epic already.
    if it goes like previous exp then 20% means 40 int will become 50 int epic and 25/25 hybrid gems
    the jc gems will become 84 int gems which will equal to 102 int 2 more then any other profession

well darktemplaru, there will then also be new JC gems, that have 27 more stats than the new epic gems, to ceep the 80 stats difference. (or they would have to buff all profession bonuses)

Quote Originally Posted by darktemplaru View Post
    Using Str as an example, going Green>Blue>Epic>JC
    BC: 6, 8, 10, N/A (+2 Steps, no JC-only gem)
    WotLK: 12, 16, 20, 34 (+4 Steps, +14 from Epic, +42 Total)
    Cata: 30, 40, 50(?), 67 (+10 Steps, +17 from Epic, +51 Total) Edit: If M4ggot above me is correct, this puts the new JC gems at +77 stats.

Gives the same problem WotLK had (assuming Cata follows suit), and JC was still the top-stat profession (along with BS).
    Last edited by Rakudjo; 2011-07-23 at 02:02 PM.
    Thanks Soko<3

jc will be top becuse its split into 3 rather then 2 like other profession,
    with blacksmith being the base of 2 gems equal to 100 stats, assuming epic gem is 50 primary stats.
    then jc will follow with 34 additional stats gems that will equal to 102.
    therfore unless blizzard screw jc over we will have 84 stats gems as i mentiond b4.

I'm hanging on to the tokens myself just in case they can be used for epic cuts (like in Wrath). If they're not used for new epic cuts, I'll just buy blue designs or Chimera's with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    well darktemplaru, there will then also be new JC gems, that have 27 more stats than the new epic gems, to ceep the 80 stats difference. (or they would have to buff all profession bonuses)
    All profession bonusses will be redone when epic gems come out so that each profession gets around 2 gems worth of stats. If you only bump up the Chimera cuts, Blacksmiths would get a stronger bonus than other professions. They'll be able to add 2 Prismatic sockets that they can put 2 * ## stat of their choice.
    They redid all profession bonusses during Wrath when they introduced epic gems.

I've been hanging on to mine as well on my main and only using them for when I need a cut on an alt.
    I've been considering getting all the meta ones that go for a lot on the ah... Maybe I'll do it tomorrow... or the day after...
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

ive stopped saving a very long time ago - when the new gems come out, they DEF wont be purchasable with current tokens, or will be at the price of like 20 current tokens per design or 1 new token.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    ive stopped saving a very long time ago - when the new gems come out, they DEF wont be purchasable with current tokens, or will be at the price of like 20 current tokens per design or 1 new token.
    They were in Wrath, how can you say they definitely won't when precedence indicates they will be?

I have around 100 tokens saved up as well but not just because I'm waiting for new designs or epic gems. it's also because I have no need to buy designs I don't need and it's too troublesome to make cuts to sell compared to other ways of making better, quicker money. also, the hassle of say buying 100 chimera eyes and selling is something I'm too lazy to do. I have way quicker ways of making 10k gold (made 300k gold in the past few days alone) than to continuously put up eyes on the AH all the time.

I do believe blizzard will implement epic gems into the game at the last major content before the next expansion. it's been done in the past two expansions just like that, so there's no reason not to believe that especially with gear giving more and more stats. if they don't up the gems, gems won't make too much of a difference compared to getting more gear.

I have two jc's and I already have all the blue gem recipies. I saved up 80 tokens on each jc so with 160 im sure i'll be able to buy all the new recipies i need if we still use the same tokens. Now i buy a chimeras eye each day with them which sell for about 80g each.

I think its definitly worth the risk of stocking up on some tokens rather than just buying the chimeras eye. At worst blizz will make us buy the new recipies with new tokens but the metas will still take chimeras eyes so you can still have something to use them for.

Keep in mind, during Wrath JC tokens were only gettable at one per day...

until they released epic gems. Then all of a sudden JCers could BUY tokens. I had all the epic cuts within a week. I expect something similar will occur, but the more tokens you save up now the fewer you'll need to buy later.

Deleted
    did they buff jc gems in wotlk? can´t remember them doing it but i might be wrong

Imo its worth to stack em. People say new kind of tokens will be needed for epic gems but in WotLK u didnt need any new one, you could still buy new cuts for old tokens. I dont see a reaso why they would change that.

i would hold onto some, but if you can make some money with them that wouldn't hurt either. Chances are the epic gems won't require the same tokens as the blues.