10+ Year Old Account

Arcane pvp + shatter

I'm talking about arcane pvp as far as random bgs go. We all know its not viable in arena and in competitive rated bgs. This is just for fun. Has anyone gone arcane and specd into shatter, maybe with improved cone of cold? Is it possible to get off an AB-->ArB shatter off, or does the lack of travel time on AB break the nova? Any insights here? Thanks. Hiding in the bushes spamming AB ftw.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    [...] does the lack of travel time on AB break the nova?
    That would indeed be the problem with your plan. The only way you could get it working is far enough away, ArB->PoM+AB timed so they impact at the same moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not at all how it works. If you queue up the ABarr during the AB cast both will benefit from the shatter talent because at the moment the ABarr is launched the server still has not broken the freeze effect.

sit in the back an nuke.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

I have created an Arcane BG spec for this kind of fun actually. I spec into Imp sheep and use it for my "arcane shatter."
    Simply sheep, AB, target has 3 sec stun)ABx2, you now have 3 stacks before they come out of stun, CS(silence)if caster then POM AB, AB, you will get 5AB's off before a caster can think about casting, 4 if it is a melee.

Not much lives through this. Also, for BG's run the 4pc T11, the 10% haste is key in pulling this off.