Latencey issue playing WoW only.

Issue solved.

Virgin Media having issues with World of Warcraft again.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2011-07-23 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    I am also with Virgin Media and experiencing the same problems, aswell as every other virgin media customer I know who plays wow. It seems like the same problem that happened a few months back, hopefully they get it sorted much faster than they did last time it happened.

My advice would to change ISP, as its very annoying when it happens and when i've been with talktalk, BT and other companies. i've never had these issues
    Last edited by mmoc892e820c7b; 2011-07-23 at 01:47 PM.

I suspected as much, I just don't know anyone else thay uses virgin so I couldn't confirm, thanks mate.

Have you tried using a tunneling service to connect to WoW?

I havn't, I wouldn't even know where to begin!

I remember this happening sometime in WOTLK, I had to fiddle with some odd digits to get it working, anyone read anything about it?

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 02:56 PM ----------

Yeah, third time I have witnessed this happening on WoW, it happened once whilst I was playing FFXI too.

Unfortunately I am 20 and still living with the parents so changing my ISP is not possible but the day I move out and get my own ISP it will NOT be Virgin, let that be known xD

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 05:28 PM ----------

Changing my MTU to 900 fixed the problem.

It's only a temporary fix though, it might stop working, or it might cause issues when Virgin patch the issue so keep the software installed so you can change it back to 1500 if it starts causing problems.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2011-07-23 at 01:57 PM.