Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I haven't played many Final Fantasy's (infact, I've only played FF7). But Emerald Weapon was insane. Spamming Knights of The Round for an hour and hoping to god he won't one shot everyone.

Yiazmat FF12 .. I remember farming the Darkblades and he was still a P.I.T.A long fight.

Not really. I've done it and there were enough other grinds to carry you through along the way (10x of each monster in each section mostly) and several different side-quests like getting 'Ultimate' Weapons, playing Blitzball (though this was required for Ultimate weapons), and various other little things. You work in a few farm runs here and there, and you are golden. Clear Spheres were, IMO, a waste. There were enough empty spaces and enough 'filler' stats that I only felt the need to max a few stats, and that was sufficient to kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my case it would be Proto-Babil for FF4 DS. Insane amounts of damage taken, you basically need to be max level and full onion gear to take him down.
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

Deleted
    emerald weapon for me was faceroll on my second run of FF7 - all lucky 7's anyone? - i somehow got 2 of my characters with it and i wasnt even trying - i just was setting up the gear and materia for the actual fight with the weapon and when i entered they had the 7777 hp - even if they died and got ressed they would start the WHOLE attack off again ^^

that was the easiest fight ive had ever - the hardest fight im not sure on that i can think of one in any of the final fantasies - might take me a while to think of one...

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    I haven't played many Final Fantasy's (infact, I've only played FF7). But Emerald Weapon was insane. Spamming Knights of The Round for an hour and hoping to god he won't one shot everyone.
    That's because you didn't understand the mechanics. Most people would challenge Emerald Weapon with full materias, for no real reasons. The easy way to kill him is to have Knights of Round with HP Absorb combined + Mimic on 1 character, then just Mimic on the other two (Put 1-2 HP Plus too I guess). One of his abilities, Aire Tam Storm, does 1111*# of equipped materias (damage). So if you do the materia set up I said, the one with KOR will take 3333 damage from that ability, then as you cast Knights of Round / Mimic, your characters will deal damage and heal themselves back to full. Rinse and repeat... There's also a materia called "Underwater" that allows you to breath underwater, therefore removing the timer.

Ruby weapon can be beaten with the same strat (Knights of Round + HP Absorb / Mimics), though its obviously a cheap tactic. However, since Ruby weapon only engages once you have 1 party member alive remaining, you should kill 2 of your party members prior to engaging him. After that, engage him and once he spawns his tentacles (This is important) cast Phoenix, this will resurrect both your party members at the same time, then proceed to spam Knights of Rounds and you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yousend View Post
    That's because you didn't understand the mechanics. Most people would challenge Emerald Weapon with full materias, for no real reasons. The easy way to kill him is to have Knights of Round with HP Absorb combined + Mimic on 1 character, then just Mimic on the other two (Put 1-2 HP Plus too I guess). One of his abilities, Aire Tam Storm, does 1111*# of equipped materias (damage). So if you do the materia set up I said, the one with KOR will take 3333 damage from that ability, then as you cast Knights of Round / Mimic, your characters will deal damage and heal themselves back to full. Rinse and repeat... There's also a materia called "Underwater" that allows you to breath underwater, therefore removing the timer.

Ruby weapon can be beaten with the same strat (Knights of Round + HP Absorb / Mimics), though its obviously a cheap tactic. However, since Ruby weapon only engages once you have 1 party member alive remaining, you should kill 2 of your party members prior to engaging him. After that, engage him and once he spawns his tentacles (This is important) cast Phoenix, this will resurrect both your party members at the same time, then proceed to spam Knights of Rounds and you should be good.
    Eh, I was a kid at the time with no access to the internet to find out strategies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warmech from the original Final Fantasy on the NES...
    Really? No one said this?

Hardest optional boss would be Lapis from Legend of Legaia... you had to like double your level after beating the end boss just to kill him >_>

lol just realized topic said ff specifically :'(
    never had trouble with ff bosses tho I didn't do many optional bosses and only played ff1/7/x
    Last edited by taekvideo; 2011-07-23 at 05:24 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithus View Post
    Emerald and Ruby weapon on FFVII.
    Quoted for Truth. All the normal bosses were never that hard.

Seymour Flux in FFX, I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with that. That's the boss I got stuck on many years ago before my copy of the game disappeared somewhere.

Except from that, I haven't been playing any of them enough to be able to mention any especially hard bosses. Although I actually think the optional summons of FFXII were a royal pain in the arse, simply because of how early I went to do them.

Deleted
    For me it was Yecht in FFX, spent about 7 hours on him, including reading a guide after 4 hours, going back to farm some things for Rikku and then beating him =)

The weapons in FF7 if you didn't use one-hit KO or max materias

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cncrules45 View Post
    Not really. I've done it and there were enough other grinds to carry you through along the way (10x of each monster in each section mostly) and several different side-quests like getting 'Ultimate' Weapons, playing Blitzball (though this was required for Ultimate weapons), and various other little things. You work in a few farm runs here and there, and you are golden. Clear Spheres were, IMO, a waste. There were enough empty spaces and enough 'filler' stats that I only felt the need to max a few stats, and that was sufficient to kill him.
    it's nto the number of grinds I was refering to simply you mentioned grinding tonberry I merely pointed out that grinding tonberry with any degree of effect required a pre grind which took quite a while.in your original post you suggested it took no time at all I'm saying it took shitloads of time :P