[Priest] Disc/Holy, Which one for Raiding and Heroics?

I personally love disc alot more in Heroic dungeons, it dosen't eat my mana like chokolate, like Holy does.

But, how about raiding? I have never raided as a healer, so what is the best there? Disc or Holy?

Kind of funny you say that, I find Disc,. for me eating my mana more than Holy, maybe we have completely different healing styles. No one can tell you what healer to raid as, raid whichever spec you feel you perform better as, and/or more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Kind of funny you say that, I find Disc,. for me eating my mana more than Holy, maybe we have completely different healing styles. No one can tell you what healer to raid as, raid whichever spec you feel you perform better as, and/or more enjoyable.
    alright, thanks man. I guess it just depends on playing style then

10+ Year Old Account
    I do holy in both,
    in 5man, you always have lazy-dps-hungry-hippos who stand in anything, thus a lot of group damaged is dealt, and I have problems with group healing while disciplined.
    in raids, i just never had a disc-specc available to try it out... so dunno...

It really depends on your healing style - but generally disc has more mana available to it than holy does.

As for the "best" priest healer specc, that is a hot topic right now. Both are viable, but disc is definitively having an edge due to less mana concerns (generally!) and more/better cooldowns. If you prefer disc, there is no reason to go for anything else. The only exception is if you already have like 2 disc priests in your healing team, and is running a 10man.

They both work well. I used to be a Disc priest through and through. did all my T11 gearing in Hc's as Disc, tried Holy and just couldn't deal with it in 5 mans. Now however, i run Holy in Hc's and can't handle the aoe damage in Disc! It's strange really.

Raid wise, it really does depend on the encounter. Disc is brilliant and single target tank healing, and Holy can beast out Raid healing and support/solo tank heal depending on the fight. If i were you, get good at both, being able to play both specs is extremely valuable : )

On Minecraft:
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Creepers would cease to be terrifying if they looked more 'real' and less like a big green dick with a frowny face on it.