Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Tristram was merely a setback...as was hell.
    Come forth champions of the light, there is nothing you can do that I haven't seen already!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natova View Post
    Well that is the cinematic at the end of D2 in the start cinematic of LOD you see baal with his soulstone on mount Areat and i believe that in the final cinematic it is shown that all 3 soulstones are destoyed, after the part where the worldstone is destroyed.
    I can't check myself since this pc has windows 7 and W7 does not run D2 . So if someone can check it TY

Edit: But like i said since diablo comes back with his soulstone destoyed his brothers should also be able to come back
    Windows 7 runs D2 and LOD just fine,you need a patch in order to run them

They confirmed Diablo will return, which IMO is dumb since we killed him in his own realm(Hell) and in his own sanctum...

I expect to see the lesser evils such as http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Lilith

"
    Lilith is the daughter of Mephisto, sister of Lucion, lover of Inarius, mother of Linarian and Andariel; and is believed to be Queen of the Succubi and matriarch of demons. The identity of her mother remains a mystery.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Inarius , a fallen angel tortured by Mephisto

From the Diablo manual:
    He bound Inarius with tremendous chains and slowly tore the wings from the back of the angel. Great barbed hooks were then used to stretch out the once glowing skin and his features were distorted by vile powers. Many of the followers of Inarius were given as gifts to Baal and Diablo, but the rest were molded to match the bloated image of the now crippled angel. To this day, Inarius is said to be trapped in Hell within a chamber of mirrors, his eyelids torn from his face as he is forced to gaze upon his misshapen form for all eternity. His misguided followers now serve as Hell's taskmaster taking the anguish of their lost glory out upon the bodies of others.

Well that is the cinematic at the end of D2 in the start cinematic of LOD you see baal with his soulstone on mount Areat and i believe that in the final cinematic it is shown that all 3 soulstones are destoyed, after the part where the worldstone is destroyed.
    I can't check myself since this pc has windows 7 and W7 does not run D2 . So if someone can check it TY

Edit: But like i said since diablo comes back with his soulstone destoyed his brothers should also be able to come back
    My windows 7 can run d2 fine.

Theres nothing about the soulstones in the worldstone cinematic. Its just tyrael praying and then destroying it, then a bunch of rocks falling.

I remember one where you can see diablos being destroyed on the hellforge, but baals wasnt in it(i think it was before act5 that the cinematic played anyway).
    Last edited by Skelington; 2011-07-24 at 05:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    My windows 7 can run d2 fine.

Theres nothing about the soulstones in the worldstone cinematic. Its just tyrael praying and then destroying it, then a bunch of rocks falling.

I remember one where you can see diablos being destroyed on the hellforge, but baals wasnt in it(i think it was before act5 that the cinematic played anyway).
    Baals soulstone was already partially destroyed, it is why tal'rasha had to use his body to contain Baal. Also I do believe that the soulstone power was derived mostly from the world stone, so with that shattered even if they all remained they wouldn't have any power. I'd say it is very likely the soulstone was shattered, or the fragments that were left from tal'rasha just wasn't of any value other then a memento to Baal, or a conduit to the worldstone for him.

It would be pretty stupid storywise to not have it destroyed, even if the players of the game never saw it happened. I mean through all acts 1-4 you quest for soulstones and destroy them, and suddenly don't care when you can get your hands on what remains of Baals? It wasn't a very gameplay oriented action after all the glory was over with and wouldn't have fit in a ending cinematic.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiszh View Post
    Yea, i'm quite sure i heard somewhere that Tyrael gets corrupted after he smashes the worldstone chamber.
    What? But.. but.. Tyrael is teh coolest!

perhaps we get a story twist, where some forces of "heaven" defect and get their own expac.....
    But I think Diablo will be the boss in D3, and new bosses will come in the expacs
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    But I think Diablo will be the boss in D3, and new bosses will come in the expacs
    Agreed tbh, I wouldn't like to finish the original Diablo III and then not kill Diablo until the 2nd expansion.

"oh lol your princess is in another castle".

I miss hosting Baal runs with my hammerdin.

wow people seem to know alot less about d3 then sw: tor even tho theres already been 2 games from the diablo series... im surprised^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    wow people seem to know alot less about d3 then sw: tor even tho theres already been 2 games from the diablo series... im surprised^^
    Penny Arcade knows why: http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/2..._vHEgd-L-2.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It actually makes me wonder how exactly he made it back after having soulstone destroyed. And if bhaal and mephisto will make comeback as well.

Diablo, Baal and Mephisto won't happen again. That would be the lowest form of imagination. Assuming they are not in a bonus fight or appearing together in one fight. Diablo himself though is bound to appear, ofc (As a boss, that is) I can only imagine Blizzard expanding their lore and add new grand villains
    And for those saying we killed Diablo: No we didn't. In 2 we banished him
    Last edited by Patchwerk; 2011-07-25 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandarth View Post
    We will go through castles and every time we defeat a boss, and we meet a dude afterwards who says: "Sorry, but Diablo is in another castle!"
    It seems like Super Mario...

I think we'll kill Diablo in vanilla and then maybe Baar, Memphesto....

Take a looksie at the lesser evils we have yet to face:
    Belial
    Azmodan

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that is the cinematic at the end of D2 in the start cinematic of LOD you see baal with his soulstone on mount Areat and i believe that in the final cinematic it is shown that all 3 soulstones are destoyed, after the part where the worldstone is destroyed.I can't check myself since this pc has windows 7 and W7 does not run D2 . So if someone can check it TY Edit: But like i said since diablo comes back with his soulstone destoyed his brothers should also be able to come back
    Windows 7 does run d2 actually. Just the normal patches + plugy works, prefer median xl though.

OT: worldstone destroyed: consequences will never be the same.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Who cares about endboss diablo! the PVP in D3 will be fantastic!

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It actually makes me wonder how exactly he made it back after having soulstone destroyed. And if bhaal and mephisto will make comeback as well.
    Worldstone functioned as a barrier to keep Sanctuary hidden from both Heaven and Hell, and keeps demons from entering directly. With it destroyed, Prime Evils don't need Soulstones to enter the world.

We know the Prime Evils staged their exile into the mortal realm and wanted the Horadrim to capture them and contain them in Soulstones... And Tyrael created Soulstones... Maybe, what if maybe Tyrael was in league with the demons from the very beginning, so that they can corrupt the Worldstone...

To clear up some confusion - You can think of the Diablo world as being separated into 3 planes Heaven, Mortal, and Hell with the Mortal plane separating Heaven and Hell as a neutral ground.

Soulstones were used to contain the essence of the immortals of either heaven or hell in the mortal plane (in this case Diablo, Baal, Mephisto were contained to thwart Hell's actions against Heaven. So BREAKING SOULSTONES DOESN'T MEAN KILLING. It just means they are not bound to the mortal plane.