Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend the Blackwidow (Regular, not ultimate.) Just my opinion.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    I'd get another G15 but they're £100 so I might as well get a current keyboard that's still being made....

Not to mention the only thing I didn't like about the G15 is I never used the macro keys in-game... they were "too far away"
    I really like the macro-keys and use them a lot. The color of the G15 backlight though... sheesh that was just ugly.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I recommend the Blackwidow (Regular, not ultimate.) Just my opinion.
    Ultimate here *rawr*

I like it and it was really worth the extra buck. Also it looks great with my Razer Mamba

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Termy View Post
    I really like the macro-keys and use them a lot. The color of the G15 backlight though... sheesh that was just ugly.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 07:52 PM ----------

Ultimate here *rawr*

I like it and it was really worth the extra buck. Also it looks great with my Razer Mamba
    I can't rationalize spending that much for pretty key colors.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I have a larger than average budget for my PC and games, so I don't mind being "flashy".

I have the Ultimate and I Like it, and I'm happy i chose it over the normal one

10+ Year Old Account
    Me either to be honest....

So.... Looking for a keyboard again 8-)

Requirements:
    Dedicated Media Keys,
    (actually that's just about it to be honest now... Since I've given up finding a keyboard with usable macro keys.)

I would like:
    LCD Screen,
    Backlit,

Usable Macro Keys, (The ones on the G15 were a pain to use because they were too far away.)

Preferably low cost. (~£20- ~£60) but durable, it will likely travel alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I have one and I love it, it's the next best keyboard I've used only beaten by my ancient IBM keyboard.

Also I absolutely loathed the G15 (I have both the original and new one) the keys just seem so small.
    Like I said... only thing I didn't like about the G15 was the macro keys, I used everything else on it ALL the time. Macro keys wound up being reduced to "quick launch".

10+ Year Old Account
    Lycosa is lite, pretty durable, cheap, has dedicated media keys, but no macro keys. You can bind macros to regular keyboard keys though. I had mine on the Function keys.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I have one and I love it, it's the next best keyboard I've used only beaten by my ancient IBM keyboard.

Also I absolutely loathed the G15 (I have both the original and new one) the keys just seem so small.
    See, something we can agree on!

Logitech G110 representing!
    +
    Backlit, comfortable macro-keys, won't get spoiled by mechanical keyboards making it the only possible option in the future, separate mediakeys, comfortable to game with AND comfortable to type on, not as expensive as the G510/G19.
    -
    Doesn't have a window, which some people like having (I have no need), and the buttons are quite closely spaced.

Extremely happy with it. I bought it with blind luck, and it turns out I liked it. I would advice others to try the comfort on the keyboards one speculate on, IRL, before purchase though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lycosa is lite, pretty durable, cheap, has dedicated media keys, but no macro keys. You can bind macros to regular keyboard keys though. I had mine on the Function keys.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 03:03 PM ----------

See, something we can agree on!
    The lycossa has less features than the Cyborg V7 and only costs £1 less....

10+ Year Old Account
    The lycossa has less features than the Cyborg V7 and only costs £1 less....
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    x3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Logitech G110 representing!
    +
    Backlit, comfortable macro-keys, won't get spoiled by mechanical keyboards making it the only possible option in the future, separate mediakeys, comfortable to game with AND comfortable to type on, not as expensive as the G510/G19.
    -
    Doesn't have a window, which some people like having (I have no need), and the buttons are quite closely spaced.

Extremely happy with it. I bought it with blind luck, and it turns out I liked it. I would advice others to try the comfort on the keyboards one speculate on, IRL, before purchase though.
    Hmm might have to try it... but if I'm going Logitech I might as well get the LCD screen:

Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110
    Wired, USB, Black, Programmable & Media Keys, Custom-colour backlight, Mic & Headphone Jack, Removeable Wrist Rest
    Order Code:
    Manf. Code:
    LOG-G110
    920-002241
    Logitech
    3 in stock
    £71.48

Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard - USB
    Wired, USB, GamePanel LCD, Custom-colour backlighting, Integrated USB audio, 18 programmable G-keys, Multi-key input, Game/desktop mode
    Order Code:
    Manf. Code:
    LOG-G510
    920-002762
    Logitech
    Ordered Upon Request
    £94.99

Like I said... only thing I didn't like about the G15 was the macro keys, I used everything else on it ALL the time. Macro keys wound up being reduced to "quick launch".
    Huh. Well, taste is different. I do love the G110 macrokeys. Battlemaster-trinket, /s- /p- /g- /bg-macros depending on M1, M2, M3.
    Pets! Mounts! On my DK (Tetrisgoat @ Twisting Nether, EU, I dare you to armory her!) I use a pletheorea of mounts all on the M-keys. Swift Zulian Tiger, Albino Drake, Brewfest kodo and all those fun mounts. ^^

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 10:08 PM ----------

Hmm might have to try it... but if I'm going Logitech I might as well get the LCD screen:
    I've never had one, so I'm not sure I'm missing out. All you pay extra for on the G510 seems to be 6x3 more macrokeys (12x3 is enough for me, at least :x) and the screen. Is the screen really that usefull?

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. Well, taste is different. I do love the G110 macrokeys. Battlemaster-trinket, /s- /p- /g- /bg-macros depending on M1, M2, M3.
    Pets! Mounts! On my DK (Tetrisgoat @ Twisting Nether, EU, I dare you to armory her!) I use a pletheorea of mounts all on the M-keys. Swift Zulian Tiger, Albino Drake, Brewfest kodo and all those fun mounts. ^^

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 10:08 PM ----------

I've never had one, so I'm not sure I'm missing out. All you pay extra for on the G510 seems to be 6x3 more macrokeys (12x3 is enough for me, at least :x) and the screen. Is the screen really that usefull?
    lol i'm a druid :P shapeshift > mount :P

and if mounts is all you use your macro keys for sorry I respect you and all... but they're essentially useless 8-)

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 09:11 PM ----------

Used it all the time on the G15, RSS reader, E-Mail, Ventrilo/Teamspeak/Mumble speaking etc...

Again though those macro keys look even further away than on the G15, so they'd be relegated yet again to quick launch buttons. Waste of money.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-07-23 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

and if mounts is all you use your macro keys for sorry I respect you and all... but they're essentially useless 8-)
    I don't play World of Warcraft. x3 So in SC2's respect, the Blackwidow is perfect.

Deleted
    The Blackwidow has it's keys positioned closer to each other, which also causes some issues. For example, if you don't hit a key right in the middle, it will also press down the surrounding keys. The only razer products that would recommend are their mices. the rest is basically overpriced crap, to put it lightly.

So, if I hit the W key more to the left edge, it will also press down the Q key, even if you don't touch the Q key yourself. Mainly because the keyboard is badly designed. I prefer the G19 keyboard (Basically a G110 with LCD screen), I can monitor my FPS, damage, durability and stats on the little LCD screen. Doesn't have as much macro keys as the G510, but then again, I don't really need them that much. I just use them for a sequence of abilities such as mushroom placement, aoe placement, heroic leap, focus target switching, etc.

What is also nice bout the G19 that you can have 3 different profiles, each with different keybinds and macros. So you could basically make one profile for pve, one for pvp and one for other games, etc.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-07-23 at 08:20 PM. Reason: rd,

Deleted
    The Blackwidow has it's keys positioned closer to each other, which also causes some issues. For example, if you don't hit a key right in the middle, it will also press down the surrounding keys.
    you have a malfunctioning keyboard.

if ur so on about the media keys you can macro them aswell, like to ur numpad, or f9-f12 for example i personally use it though im thinking about switching to a brown/black switch soon. waiting for the mionix z-60 to come out. the normal version is good priced, if you want backlighting your better off with going for an xarmor-u9bl. they cost about the same and the xarmor is way better built. i have heard some horror storys about the build quality of the razer blackwidow, though i havent experienced it myself(apart from the thing becoming dirty fast)

edit: oh and dont really compare it to any rubber dome keyboard. people may be like oh oh but g15 haz more macro keys o.0
    its an mechanical keyboard, its a charm to type on if you have to type 5k-10k essays. it does it job at gaming.
    Last edited by mmoc1fd5dd6e8c; 2011-07-23 at 08:17 PM.

But they be pretty? Oh so pretty?
    But actually, I have some rarely used pve-buttons on the macrokeys. Since I have three sets of Macrosetups, I can use gearsetups (I have tonnes of RP-setups), mounts and bleh-spells on most characters. Or pets+stones on my warlock. Or totems on my main. Or poisons on my Rogue! Et c.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    The Blackwidow has it's keys positioned closer to each other, which also causes some issues. For example, if you don't hit a key right in the middle, it will also press down the surrounding keys.

So, if I hit the W key more to the left edge, it will also press down the Q key, even if you don't touch the Q key yourself. Mainly because the keyboard is badly designed.
    Really? Doesn't happen to me. I think you're thinking of the Lycosa. The Blackwidow keys are properly raised and spaced. I've never had an issue hitting two keys at once. The only way I can get both to actuate at the same time is if I press the space in between the keys, which presses both down simultaneously.

I can record me doing some typing tests on it if you want. >.>
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-07-23 at 08:19 PM.

Question

I never really got the point of these "gaming keyboards". I can see why a mouse with more buttons and stuff is good (got a Naga), but what more can those keyboards really offer over this

that i got with my acer desktop? After 2000+ hours of gaming the only thing that is noticable is the paint on the C key is starting to fade.

Had a keyboard before this one with media buttons, never used them, and the mini LCD seems kinda silly, why would i want to look at my keyboard instead of the screen?
    DERP