Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up a Razor Anansi a couple of months a go and couldn't be happier with it. Macro keys are well within reach, and the extra modifier keys are really handy.

The only draw back to buying one is walking out of the store with a "MMO keyboard" if you're a bit of a closet nerd like me.

http://cult.razerzone.com/2010/10/26/the-razer-anansi-–-the-ultimate-mmo-gaming-keyboard/
    Last edited by Gorno; 2011-07-23 at 08:24 PM. Reason: *said there were no media keys, but there are when you hold down the function key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ongu01 View Post
    you have a malfunctioning keyboard.

if ur so on about the media keys you can macro them aswell, like to ur numpad, or f9-f12 for example i personally use it though im thinking about switching to a brown/black switch soon. waiting for the mionix z-60 to come out. the normal version is good priced, if you want backlighting your better off with going for an xarmor-u9bl. they cost about the same and the xarmor is way better built. i have heard some horror storys about the build quality of the razer blackwidow, though i havent experienced it myself(apart from the thing becoming dirty fast)

edit: oh and dont really compare it to any rubber dome keyboard. people may be like oh oh but g15 haz more macro keys o.0
    its an mechanical keyboard, its a charm to type on if you have to type 5k-10k essays. it does it job at gaming.
    I'm sorry but that's all I have to compare it to... the last "mechanical" keyboard I used was a typewriter. (The kind with an ink Ribbon and punch bars) it's a keyboard... if I'm spending £50+ on it it had better be good at everything. Not good at 1 thing and terrible at another.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gorno View Post
    I picked up a Razor Anansi a couple of months a go and couldn't be happier with it. Macro keys are well within reach, and the extra modifier keys more then make up for the lack of media controls.

The only draw back to buying one is walking out of the store with a "MMO keyboard" if you're a bit of a closet nerd like me.

http://cult.razerzone.com/2010/10/26...ming-keyboard/
    Lol :P I openly support MMO's :P a friend from Norway is trying to drag me along to Runefest in London 8-). I looked at the Anansi but it's really too expensive given that it's really just a standard keyboard with basically a couple more keys.

Quote Originally Posted by OlSom View Post
    I never really got the point of these "gaming keyboards". I can see why a mouse with more buttons and stuff is good (got a Naga), but what more can those keyboards really offer over this
    <Image>
    that i got with my acer desktop? After 2000+ hours of gaming the only thing that is noticable is the paint on the C key is starting to fade.

Had a keyboard before this one with media buttons, never used them, and the mini LCD seems kinda silly, why would i want to look at my keyboard instead of the screen?
    See, people are different. I have a Naga. It's absolutely useless to me and I keep it in a closet somewhere, but my G110, being a "gamingkeyboard" doesn't lose out on normal functions.
    Mediakeys, and esp mute-buttons? I use them all the time. The scrollwheel for volume? Brilliant!
    The macrokeys and backlit keyboard all help in different situations.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Really? Doesn't happen to me. I think you're thinking of the Lycosa. The Blackwidow keys are properly raised and spaced. I've never had an issue hitting two keys at once. The only way I can get both to actuate at the same time is if I press the space in between the keys, which presses both down simultaneously.

I can record me doing some typing tests on it if you want. >.>
    No, it is definitely the blackwidow, there are several youtube videos on the subject and that's what made me buy a G19 in the first place. Especially, because I tend not always hit the middle of the key when gaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6FC9AmKRsw

a
    nd that's only on the space bar, but that's the first video I could find. So yes, if you want a mechanical keyboard, get another one.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2011-07-23 at 08:32 PM. Reason: l

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    I'm sorry but that's all I have to compare it to... the last "mechanical" keyboard I used was a typewriter. (The kind with an ink Ribbon and punch bars) it's a keyboard... if I'm spending £50+ on it it had better be good at everything. Not good at 1 thing and terrible at another.
    i understand, the reason these mechanical keyboards are so expansive is for the fact that each switch is seperate, has some gold plating in it(if im not mistaking) making it just way more expensive in manufacturing costs. if you cant find the reason to pay the extra price for it, dont. then again, comparing it against a logitech g510 or something similar, a ducky/filco tenkeyless brown is soo much better :x
    Last edited by mmoc1fd5dd6e8c; 2011-07-23 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    See, people are different. I have a Naga. It's absolutely useless to me and I keep it in a closet somewhere, but my G110, being a "gamingkeyboard" doesn't lose out on normal functions.
    Mediakeys, and esp mute-buttons? I use them all the time. The scrollwheel for volume? Brilliant!
    The macrokeys and backlit keyboard all help in different situations.
    At this rate i'm going to wind up with some Microsoft desktop kit 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by OlSom View Post
    I never really got the point of these "gaming keyboards". I can see why a mouse with more buttons and stuff is good (got a Naga), but what more can those keyboards really offer over this

that i got with my acer desktop? After 2000+ hours of gaming the only thing that is noticable is the paint on the C key is starting to fade.

Had a keyboard before this one with media buttons, never used them, and the mini LCD seems kinda silly, why would i want to look at my keyboard instead of the screen?
    Even better, why is razer using Cherry MX blue switches in a gaming keyboard? The blues are for typing, not gaming.

Why do people pay $80+ for a keyboard that isn't mechanical and has the same terrible switches as a $10 keyboard?

The blackwidow is a step in the right direction of a mainstream consumer level product maker pushing mechanicla keyboards and driving the prices down, but it's still a shoddy product (crappy keycaps, poor build quality, wrong switch choice, etc).

go buy a filco majetouch if you want a mechanical keyboard.

razer is horrible

make sure you get brown/red/black switches (red are more expensive) and NOT blue

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 09:22 PM ----------

Lol :P I openly support MMO's :P a friend from Norway is trying to drag me along to Runefest in London 8-).
    The widow is a low tier mechanical , but is still pretty awesome, when I type on a regular keyboard now I just.... well honestly it feels akward irritating and slow. The widow also sucks when it comes to media controls. I love the sidewinder x6 media controls, and the widow is just like a laptop keyboard when it comes to that. Blue backlighting is weird aswell...
    The only thing you could possibly want a widow for is solely for the feel of the keys, that cannot be matched by a rubber dome keyboard. Also the macros are nice. 1000hz doesnt even matter.

At this rate i'm going to wind up with some Microsoft desktop kit 8-)
    I've heard good things about the Sidwinder x4!
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post

razer is horrible

make sure you get brown/red/black switches (red are more expensive) and NOT blue
    To be honest I don't really care if its "Mechanical" or not... like I said the Logitech G15 was great for me.

Also just a thought as a "comparison" to the Anansi:

Microsoft SideWinder X4 Keyboard
    Wired, Black, USB, Integrated Backlighting, English (UK)
    Order Code:
    Manf. Code:
    MS-JQD0000
    JQD-00006
    Microsoft
    Ordered Upon Request
    £29.86

Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard
    Wired, Black, USB, Programmable & Media Keys, Backlit Keys, Detachable Keypad
    Order Code:
    Manf. Code:
    MS-SIDEWX6
    AGB-00006
    Microsoft
    Ordered Upon Request
    £34.03
    Was £46.99

It's cheaper too 8-)

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I've heard good things about the Sidwinder x4!
    haha lol shame you beat me to it....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    No, it is definitely the blackwidow, there are several youtube videos on the subject and that's what made me buy a G19 in the first place. Especially, because I tend not always hit the middle of the key when gaming.
    In the process of uploading a video of the actuation "range" if you want to call it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post

razer is horrible

What's wrong with blues?

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    The widow is a low tier mechanical , but is still pretty awesome, when I type on a regular keyboard now I just.... well honestly it feels akward irritating and slow. The widow also sucks when it comes to media controls. I love the sidewinder x6 media controls, and the widow is just like a laptop keyboard when it comes to that. Blue backlighting is weird aswell...
    The only thing you could possibly want a widow for is solely for the feel of the keys, that cannot be matched by a rubber dome keyboard. Also the macros are nice. 1000hz doesnt even matter.
    Yeah, don't get me started on the USB vs PS2 for keyboards

More than you probably ever wanted to know about mechanical keyboards: http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/4...ard-guide.html

Deleted
    What's wrong with blues?
    blue switches are rather loud and are very tactile. http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/4...ard-guide.html if you want more info about switches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Yeah, don't get me started on the USB vs PS2 for keyboards

More than you probably ever wanted to know about mechanical keyboards: http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/4...ard-guide.html
    Read all about it... but USB lets you use things like LCD screens :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    blue switches are rather loud and are very tactile. http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/4...ard-guide.html if you want more info about switches.
    So... there's something wrong with loud and tactile switches? I bought my Blackwidow for that exact reason. x3

Dude i've got the board and I know what they're like ,but honestly, it doesnt bother me. It's actually pretty awesome to type on.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 08:36 PM ----------

Read all about it... but USB lets you use things like LCD screens :-)
    Dude, it's a freaking keyboard! why would you need an lcd screen? To see your character's stats?

"Although many people find them just fine for gaming, some don't like the fact
    that the release point is above the actuation point. This can cause some trouble
    with double-tapping. This is usually the case with someone who has experienced
    other mechanical switches before hand. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, it's a freaking keyboard! why would you need an lcd screen? To see your character's stats?
    read above lol....