Option on my 1st build.

This will be mainly for WoW and D3 if it ever gets done. There has been alot of post but just making sure before I buy the parts that this is a good build for along time. Most of my computers last 4-5 years before I get a new one. Here goes my list..All stuff is from newegg.

Case: Cooler master HAF 932 Blue
    PSU: Corsair HX750
    MB: Asus P8P67 Pro (Rev 3.0) 1155 Intel
    CPU: Intel i5-2500k (1155 socket)
    GPU: EVGA GTX560 T1 1GB Superclocked
    Ram: G.Skull Ripjaw 8 GB (2x4gb) DDR3-1600
    HD: WD Caviar Blk 1 TB
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    DVD: Lite on DVD
    O/S: Win 7 64 bit
    A/V: Norton

I'm not gonna SLi on this. Just gaming and surfin' the net.
    All this with shipping for around $1300 ( Minus the Corsair cooler). Let me know of any changes or questions that I can answer.
    Thanks,

Eviltank
    Last edited by Eviltank; 2011-07-24 at 11:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PSU is a little overkill for your GPU. No reason to buy a specifically overclocked GPU, as it's insanely easy to do it yourself. I don't really like that case, but there's nothing really WRONG with it. Good RAM. I'd go for a Spinpoint F3 for my HDD, but your choice. If you're going to get cooling, get the H100 or the NH-D14. I'd go with the D-14 for the sole reason that it's significantly cheaper. I wouldn't get Norton Anti-Virus. It's really not worth paying for. I'd get Microsoft Security Essentials, or Avast!, or Avira. (I'm willing to bet someone yells at me for that statement.)

Otherwise everything looks pretty good. Enjoy.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks good. As Fuzzy mentioned the PSU is overkill unless you plan to purchase a second gtx560 for SLi down the road. If the plan is to SLi then yeah stick with that PSU otherwise you can drop down to the same manufacturers 500W.

If you buy a superclocked buy the Gigabyte one 1ghz with full warrenty and low voltages . Get the noctua or a thermalright silver arrow (its cheaper and bttr). The Hxxx series are not that great they lack the amount off water so they wont be good.
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aminozuur View Post
    If you buy a superclocked buy the Gigabyte one 1ghz with full warrenty and low voltages . Get the noctua or a thermalright silver arrow (its cheaper and bttr). The Hxxx series are not that great they lack the amount off water so they wont be good.
    Err, you aren't making a whole lot of sense here. (And please don't shorthand things, it makes your claims less credible.)

The Noctua and Silver Arrow are on par in both price and performance. The H100 series has the proper amount of water to properly cool a CPU, if that's your argument...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Err, you aren't making a whole lot of sense here. (And please don't shorthand things, it makes your claims less credible.)

The Noctua and Silver Arrow are on par in both price and performance.
    Not entirely true. The Silver Arrow's are like gold dust at the moment here in the UK. However if retailers are true to their word on price you're making around a £15 saving on a product which performs ever so slightly better than the Noctua Product. The only thing going for the Noctua product at the moment is it's deserved reputation and wide availability.

In terms of the US market, i've not seen many e-tailers that stock the Silver Arrow, which makes the Noctua the cooler of choice due to availability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now now..

Closed loop water coolers do decent cooling. In general above what the budget-coolers (212+, freezer 7) can do, but yes the beastly air coolers should beat them still.

H50 mainly getting bad rep because it came with a noisy inefficient fan and a not so friendly price tag (hey, new kind of product). Slap some good fans on it and you can't argue with the results (though I suppose you could still argue with the price tag).

H100 looks really interesting what with the 240mm radiator. Looking forward to reviews. Meanwhile the H80 has found its way out to the market and from the looks of it it cools quite well.