Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Private] Licking wounds

Olaf fell downwards, the pain from the spear that was still pierced into him rushing through his body. A loud noise was heard as Olaf plunged down into the water, a large pillar rising from where he had struck down. Water quickly surrounded him as his heavy chain mail and weapons pulled him down into the river depths. His back hurted from the smashing with the water surface as he suddenly woke up from his daze, desperately trying to reach the surface. As his head peeked up from the water he was just able to take a deep breath before his strength failed him and once more was dragged down into the water.

As he hit the sand and stone on the bottom of the river he pushed down with his feet, making him float towards what he believed to be the shore. With his hands and feet he started a half crawling and half swimming journey towards the shore. His lungs burned with pain from the lack of air and he felt his head become dizzy as he kept moving towards the shore. Suddenly a river current took hold of him, he lost his feeble grip on the river bottom and was shortly carried to the river surface. This moment of air lasted not long until he once more was dragged down. Olaf was able to get a grip on a large stone, he pulled himself against it. Quickly he placed his feet against it and with all his remaining strength pushed him towards the shore. His head broke the calm water surface and he took a deep breath, Olaf almost expected to once more be dragged down until he felt that even as he stood on all four his head was easily over the water. Relived he crawled further up on the beach, a sudden coughing spurted out water from his mouth.

A feeble hand reached to his chest where the broken spear still was firmly stuffed into. Unable to pull it out he simply rolled over on his back. Utterly exhausted he felt how his eye lids closed and darkness surrounded him.

Deleted
    A tiny murderous rampage was the only thing Joelle had hoped to find in the wastelands of Northrend, and a tiny murderous rampage she had indeed gotten. Dwarves, Vrykul, Humans, Elves, undead.. it didn't matter what the enemy looked like, as long as they could be pierced by a bow and arrow. The joy that Joelle had gotten from killing the first enemies had been confirming. Clearly, if the Dark Ranger could kill anything, her existance could not be denied. Joelle wasn't originally travelling alone however. A forsaken assassin had found much joy in watching Joelle's movements, skills and realisation of still having a reason to exist. In turn, this assassin had taught Joelle to add a range of different poisons to her arrows. However, the two of them had engaged in combat with an alliance squad they had not been able to bring down, and her companion had been 'cleansed' as the Paladin had said.

Now Joelle had been on the run. Cursing at everything, the Forsaken Ranger quickly found herself in territory unknown. Moving through the bushlines being almost invisible in her blackened leather, Joelle heard what could've only been a huge rock plunged into water. A sly smile spread onto Joelle's lips, as she neared the source of the sound. This was going to be another glorious kill, as whatever dropped stones of that size had to be prey worth hunting. To her great disappointment however, the only thing she found was a soaked Vrykul. Apparently it was this creature that had made the noisy. Joelle had been right however, he looked extremely heavy. Before moving in Joelle made sure that noone else was in the area...

The giant was still breathing as Joelle gave him a light tab with her foot, biting her lower lip. There was no sport in killing someone that couldn't fight back, there was no meaning behind it. Like Joelle had found new meaning, so would this strange creature.. Eyeing the wound, Joelle gave out a nasty smile. Placing the gloved hand around the hilt of the broken spear, Joelle pulled it out in a rough movement, hopefully waking the giant.. As blood started to sprout out his chest like plants, Joelle snorted, placing her foot - and weight - onto his wound, stopping the bleeding.
    Last edited by mmoc510818b846; 2011-07-23 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    A sudden surge of pain awoke Olaf from his sleep, he let out a roar at top of his lungs. He rocked his body viollently but forced himself to remain calm as he felt that every movement made the unrelentless object that was pushed on his wound to send more pain through his body. He clenched his jaws together with all his will to stop him from screaming out loud once more. First now Olaf looked up on the figure standing above him, it was dressed in a black leather armor. To small for a Vyrkul. But in his curent state he couldn't even fight one of the lesser races. When he had gotten himself under controll once again he spoke in common, "Who?!" He made a feeble attempt of getting up but his body refused to obey him.

Deleted
    Joelle smiled as the giant came to. How long he had been laying there was a question for another time. For now it was important that he understood his situation. "I'll give you two choices, giant. Either I fix you up, and you repay by serving me. Or I pierce your heart, and force you to serve me, in death. Do be quick about your choice though, I ain' got all day" Joelle bent down, blocking the light so he could more easily see that which had placed her foot upon his wound. So he could more easily see the figure that would become his master..
    Joelle's voice wasn't cold, yet it had a strange tone to it. A tone that would reveal her undeath, if his mind would allow him to listen for such little details. Joelle then turned her attention from the giant to look at their surroundings. There was no way she was going to drag this Vrykul around. As it was mostly downhill towards their encampment though, it would likely be possible to make him a sled. The real question would then become; How would she get him onto the sled..?

Out of slight annoyance, she pushed slightly more weight onto his wound.

Deleted
    Olaf heard the figure speaking, and felt how it put more pressure on his wound making his body tense up. Female... The word raced through his head, and his conjecture was verified when she moved her body so that he could get a better look at her. The females foot was placed on his wound preventing the blood from leaving his body. Olaf guessed that it was an undead that was standing on him, the sound in her voice gave him that assumption. He had heard the living dead speak before and they always had a certain sound.
    My king is dead...
    A series of coughs emerged from his throat What... makes you worthy... to lead... dead one... For almost every word Olaf had to take a deep breath.

Olaf's eyes turned from the figure and starred up into the sky. Is this a sign... I have survived this far, only to be killed by this female? No... Another cough attack broke out, after that it had faded away Olaf whispered out. I shall serve... If you prove worhty It was loud enough for the figure standing on top of him to hear.

Once more darkness surounded Olaf as his mind slipped into a deep slumber.

Deleted
    The undead was looking around. It would be a cold day in the firelands before she would even consider pulling his enormous body anywhere. Either this giant would have to walk by himself, or she would leave him dead by the water. Either way seemed to satisfy Joelle, as she started lighting a fire, naturally making sure to use a piece of cloth above, that no smoke would allow anyone to pinpoint their location from afar.
    Joelle let out a snickering, as she shook her head at Olaf, grabbing around his hair so that he could see into her dead eyes. "You're entirely wrong, my big friend. You'll prove to me that you are worthy of serving, or you'll be turned into an abomination." Letting go if him, she watched as Olaf succumbed to a slumber. A mortal shell so weak and fragile.. Joelle placed a piece of cloth on his wound and then continued to use the giant as a bench, as she was roasting some rations to eat. If Olaf was hungry, the smell of food would wake him up sooner or later.

Deleted
    Olaf awoke from the familiar smell of food, He was unaware for how long he had been out. He tilted his head upwards and spotted the undead sitting on his chest. She was eating calmly. Get off me he grunted to the female undead.

Olaf's armor and cloths was still completely soaked from his trip in the river and one of his throwing axes was uncomfortable poking him in the side. Need to get warm and tend to my wounds, most have lost some of my weapons as well. He looked around himself after his spear and sheild but could spot neither of them, but he was still unable to look everywhere since the undead was blocking most of his sight. To check if he still had the rest required him to stand up.

Deleted
    Joelle stretched with a low yawn, merely continuing with her little meal until she had swallowed so she could speak calmly, silently. "If you want some food you'll stay exactly where you are, and wait till you're spoken to." Joelle muttered, keeping her position on top of the giants chest without moving even the slightest bit. Joelle gave him a short look, that would more than describe what would happen should he decide not to follow her command, before she returned to eating of her rations in a slow and peaceful manner. Admist the fire, a blank arrowhead was lying, starting to reach orange colors. It wouldn't be long till she could use that to close Olafs wound nicely, mostly disinfecting it in the same go.

If Olaf behaved, there would be enough rations, even for a giant of his size, yet this was a question of teaching him who was in command. A question of teaching him discipline, respect and authority.

Deleted
    Olaf's voice returned to his normal strength and tone as he halfly spoke hafly spat out Do not talk to me as if I where a child! I am a Vyrkul! Now get off me you wretched thing.

Olaf moved his legs up so that if needed he could throw the forsaken off him by pushing his legs upwards.

Deleted
    Before Olaf could move any further, Joelle had pushed two fingers hard against a pressure point between his chin and throat, making it hard for Olaf to breathe, without using any much energy from herself. Due to the pressure, and the razorshap nails, a small bit of blood started running down Joelle's fingers. It was a question of pushing harder, and she'd rip through arteries. "Looks like I dropped your rations when you moved. How sad." The fire quickly gave out the smell of burnt meat, bread and cheese. Joelle was shaking her head, as she reached out for the heated arrow, not relieving pressure from his throat.
    "Lay still, unless you want me to get clumsy when cleansing your wound, of course."
    Moving slightly to the side, Joelle forced the blunt side of the arrow upon his wound, burning it and closing his wound.

Deleted
    Olaf felt the new pain surge through his body as the undead burned together his wound, his jaws clenched together letting no sound emerge from his lips. His nose picked up the scent of the burned food as it filled the air and suddenly he noticed that he was hungry. His stomach let out a low growl. As he felt the hot arrow head be removed from the wound he forced out a few words. Why... why did you save me? We are enemies...

Deleted
    "The only enemies I have are those unwilling to serve." Joelle was watching Olaf with a strange disgust.. "Since you're now my pet, do tell me your name, Vrykul." Joelle was putting out the fire and quenchening the stench of burnt rations, almost immediately having the campsite appear as it was before she arrived. "..If you'll have any hopes of food tonight, you'll get standing and grab our things." Joelle dropped the equipment she was carrying that didn't appear to be weapons onto the ground next to him.
    "..Hurry up, I ain' got all day"

Deleted
    Olaf let out a grunting sound as he got up, unsteady on his feet. Olaf son of Sten He answeared the undead. Olaf did a fast check on himself. His wound in the chest was fixed for the moment, his one hand axe and throwing axes was still hanging by his side. His shield and helmet was missing, his chain mail armor was ripped open where his wound have been melded.
    Olaf spotted a small tree not so far away, ignoring the equipment that the undead had dropped he walked to the tree. Reached after one of it's branches and tore it off the tree. He grabbed his axe and cut away small branches and soon had a decent looking walking stick. Leaning on this he walked back and said to the undead I am not leaving until I have found my shield and axe He threw the equipment over his shoulder and started walking down the shoreline, his eyes scouting the sand after his belongings.

Deleted
    Olaf walked down along side the river, his eyes darting between the shore and the water searching for any sign of his beloved weapon and shield. His legs felt quite shaky from the blood lose and his empty stomach let out a growl for food, but Olaf refused to show any signs of this to the undead female. He forced his legs to move steady forward along the shore, maybe not just as fast as he usualy walked. Something shimmering out in the water caught Olaf's stare, something seemed to be stuck in between two rocks that just barely stuck up above the water surface, and that something was made of metal. Olaf started to wade out into the cold and not so calm water once again.

As he reached out to the two stones the water was at his navel, the chilling water was making his limbs feel stiff. Olaf pushed all of this away and reached down into the water and grabbed hold of the metal object. As he pulled it out of the water he saw clearly that it was his own shield. He carried it like a child back to the shore, making sure to allways keep it above the water. He threw a last longing glare out over the river after his other wepoans but as he could not see any signs for them he decided to leave them. He should not linger here anymore and instead return to the one he had now sworn his alliegence to, even despite it being a lowly defect he could not defy it's orders for much longer without failing his word.

Olaf shrugged, throwing of some water just like a dog would do before he looked around to see where the undead female had went. Undead! Where are you?! He yelled.

Deleted
    Stretching like a tired cat, a soft grunt left Joelle's lips. Instead of shouting back at the meatheadded Vrykul, she instead made a gesture for him to come towards her, and start walking towards the Forsaken harbor. They were both going to rest there till the next ship could take them back towards the undercity. Or well, Kelara was going to rest. Depending on how Olaf behaved, she might force him to stand awake in the stables, without treating his wounds first. That would in fact be a very generous punishment from Joelle's side of things. Normally she'd be way harsher, but a brute his size and strenght was not entirely without uses. If nothing else, she could always sell him as a slave to do work in the mines. A brute his size would be worth quite a bit on that market.
    As Olaf was slowly catching back up, Joelle continued speaking. "I am not entirely unreasonable, Olaf. The only thing I expect is obedience. The more obedient you behave, the more I shall treat you as a companion. The more defiance, the more I shall treat you like a filthy animal. The choice will always rest in your hands... Up ahead is the Forsaken encampment. I've got business there, you'll have to stay out of trouble meanwhile."
    With gentle steps they started nearing the forsaken barricades to the shore below. From a distance they could both see that the reactions to a wounded Vrykul following in the footsteps of a dark ranger was quite bizzarre. However, they did not make a move to shoot Olaf down. It was obvious to even them that Joelle had taken him prisoner.. or something along those lines. Making a gesture with her right hand, it was obvious she was wanting Olaf to relax in a haystack at the stables. The stench in the air around the forsaken encampment was filled with decay, and the strange scent of plague was also hanging all over the earth. Not a pleasent place at all..
    "...Any questions, you better ask them now. I won't always be as listening and open minded as I am currently.."

Deleted
    Olaf followed and listened to the undead under silence. His eyes inspected the undead guards with suspicion, the fact that they had not attacked yet proved that the undead he was following had atleast some respect among it's peers. Anger boiled in him as he was forced to suffer their gazes on him, it took all his willpower to push away the feelings of humiliation and fury.

Questions? The word echoed through his head, mockingly. A soldier don't question his superior! Olaf's humiliation allmost bursted the bubble of selfcontrol he had created, that he even thought of this pathetic creature as a superior made him wanna vomit. Suddenly something struck him... He didn't even know this creatures name. What's your name defect?

Deleted
    Completely ignoring Olaf's question, Joelle neared the stables. With a gentle movement Kelara opened the collar where the horse would normally have its head so it'd be standing in place. Taking the food out of her backpack, Joelle took the mule-bag belonging to the collar she just opened. Applying it to the wall of the stables, it was obvious what she was expecting of Olaf. To get food from his mistress, he would have to stick his head into the collar, and be standing side by side with the horses for however long Joelle decided to leave him there. The gaze with which she looked at him as she turned around was quite horrifying. The undeads hands were resting on her blades, the warning was hanging in the air, thick and visible as smoke.
    "Come get your meal, Olaf. We'll speak more when you've cooled down, and learned how to communicate properly"

Deleted
    Olaf let out a monstrous roar. He slammed his right hand into the stable wall, above where the insect had hung the satchel of food. His hand broke through the wood, sending splinters into his hand. He withdrew it slowly, blood dripping from it. He leanded forward so his own eyes locked with the undead's.

You think off me as an animal? I AM A VYRKUL! Your nothing but a weak little defect that was fortunate to encounter me when I was wounded. If it wasn't for my word of allegiance I would rip you apart! The wound he had suffered before, now at the most horrible timing made itself known. Sending a surge of pain through his spine. Olaf forced the pain away, as he gripped his shields handle. It served as a reminder of what he was, a Vyrkul soldier. Do not push my honor further undead...

Deleted
    "Guards, would you please take the Vrykul prisoner to the standing pole?" Gesturing at the standing pole, a pair of guards nodded and took a good hold on the Vrykul, dragging him forcefully to the pole. Dragging his hands behind his back, his arms were chained together forcefully so he'd be entirely unable to escape the pole. As he had been chained, the guards walked away. Kelara wasn't actually approaching at first, she left Olaf there to scream and rage for as long as he wanted to. If it'd be more than 15 minute, then let it be that way.
    ...As Olaf calmed down, Kelara walked up with a completely neutral face, almost as if he hadn't done anything at all. As if his words had no impact upon whatever she wanted to say. "You've punched a hole in the stables.. Impressive.. I didn't think anyone could be that stupid. You've really got me impressed.. The tone in which she spoke was as close to sincere as she possibly could be. It would be stingingly hard listening to. "Vrykul, if you can eat your honor to survive, maybe your honor is worth something. At least you'll be standing here quite a few hours, probably till tomorrow. Regarding your honor though, I'm more in doubt wheter you can visit the 'little honor's room' when you need to 'go.' If not, I hope the stench of decaying corpses is bad enough that you won't notice if you pee'd your pants.. Oh, and to make sure you don't annoy the local folks.."
    Giving him a hard kick over his knee, Kelara smiled softly at him, taking a piece of cloth at the ready. "..Say 'AH'" Waiting for him to open his mouth, she was ready to stuff him tight so he'd be quiet the entire night.

Deleted
    Olaf growled at the undead but still surrendered and opened his mouth. The female undead pushed the piece of cloth into his mouth and tied to neatly around his head. As she left he let out a final growl before becoming silent. Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill The word kept repeating over and over in his head, anger and hatred was all he felt, the pain in his wounds seemed like nothing more then a distant memory. He could no longer even notice the undeads which sometimes stopped to look and laugh at him, his anger fueled his strength. Several times he pulled with his arms trying to escape the chains, but all it gave him was bruises. He let out a muffled roar inte the cloth that was filled with his anger.

He wasn't sure for how long he stood there, but not even his great fury could fend of the tireness in his body and soon he fell asleep standing.