Deleted

Question holy ready for t12 raids?

Hi,
    I wanted to get advice or just answers if my holy paladin is ready for healing the actual raid bosses?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/lordaeron/Valora/advanced
    I
    've already healed trash runs, but I don't know if healing boss runs is possible yet.
    So thank you in advance for any helpful answers
    (and please, if you want to troll or flame, do this somewhere else, thanks..)

Deleted
    You should really enchant your gear.
    You'll be fine for the first 4 bosses, probably 5.

Deleted
    I'm already farming mats with my enchanter, as I don't have the gold to buy them >_>
    but thanks
    Last edited by mmoc6758ac0f09; 2011-07-24 at 03:25 PM.

Helmet is icky and weapon is icky also. I would at least get a vicious mace for the extra spellpower. Very easy to get. 371 Vicious helm you could get along the way too would be upgrade.

Deleted
    yeah, I know I have to replace the helmet and the weapon, I will start doing PvP to get the helmet at least
    which mace do you mean? many people told me the combination of a single handed weapon and a shield is very good and should be preferred..

I definitely wouldn't say you are ready yet. There are a few little things you can do beforehand:

1. Stick to the FL Trash Runs because you can easily pickup the 378 Cloak and Belt which are definitely upgrades, in your situation.

2. Make sure to cap all Valor Points (980/980) every week and buy the 378 Relic, Ring, Necklace. Or at least that's the way I took because of how my gear was. You can always start out buy purchasing T12 first. Just make sure to cap every week.

3. People are still doing 4.1 (T11) Raids, get into a pug group and replace all of your 353's with 359's. In my Firelands Raids, I don't allow anyone in who is below 359, and if they have PvP gear, I don't even invite them.

4. Get your Therazane and Hyjal Rep up to Exalted for your Head and your Shoulder Enchants. Those are a must.

5. Like mentioned earlier in this thread, your mace and helmet are poop. Run mass amounts of ZA/ZG's and get the Healing Mace out of ZA (Drops off of Last Boss) and the Healing Helmet out of ZG (Drops, at a pretty damn good rate, off of Zanzil). They are 353's, but they're an upgrade in your case which will help you get into better raids, and in returned loot better gear.

Deleted
    thanks for your detailed advice, Clemery
    since my last post I talked to my raid leader once more to get some advice and he told me nearly the same (looking at points 1-3), and I will do some ZA/ZG with some guild mates, also I wanted to do some more trash runs anyways
    would it be better to start with purchasing t12 or relic, ring and necklace?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a 365 healing mace available from the molten front dailies which is an upgrade even for a 359. You should try and get the tier gloves to replace your viscious ones, but the bracers are ok (They're a nightmare to have drop, and the ilevel upgrade makes them around the same as a 359 considering the loss of secondary stats). Get the 359 ring from justice points, it's a solid upgrade for you (replace the non-spirit one) and try and get the helm from zanzil in zul'gurub (you need that meta slot)

Besides that (and the lack of enchants - get those reputations quick!), you're certainly good for trash runs for the belt and cape, then at least shannox and beth'tilac, maybe a couple others if you get a strong enough group.

As the previous poster said, try and get yourself into some tier 11 raids to grab some upgrades also, and make sure you cap valor every week.

I would probably recommend waiting until you have more of a solid 353 & 359 item level setup.

Bear in mind, though, that your viability in a Firelands raid depends largerly on the competence of your fellow players - if you're in a group of people who play great, and have maybe a bit more gear than you, you'll probably manage for parts of the instance. Even more so in 25man when you have less individual responsibility as a healer. 10man might be more rough for you on 2-healer fights since you'll have a very definite responsibility to put out enough, for a long enough amount of time. If you go oom or can't put out enough numbers, that's generally the end of it, since 1 healer can't keep up for too long alone in that raid setting.

I'd probably try get my hands on all the Justice point upgrades you possibly can get, and also yes Firelands reputation until Friendly at least, is a great boost (cloak), Honored if you have the chance (Both obtainable fairly quickly if you get a good trash farm run going for a few hours). I wouldn't worry about needing the Valor point items just yet, you can do Firelands just fine with 359 items only, although it will obviously be easier with some 378 sprinkled around.

Or if in doubt, just give it a try, and if you can't do it, toss your hands in the air and say "Sorry, I can't do this!". Hopefully your raid has a standby healer
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemery View Post
    5. Run mass amounts of ZG's and get the Healing Helmet (Drops, at a pretty damn good rate, off of Zanzil).
    I keep running ZG, but I saw it drop once only.... on my alt mage /cry

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on your (and your raids) skill level. If you are average you will probably find it hard after the first few bosses. Other than that follow the peoples' advice and read up on EJ if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemery View Post
    I definitely wouldn't say you are ready yet. There are a few little things you can do beforehand:

1. Stick to the FL Trash Runs because you can easily pickup the 378 Cloak and Belt which are definitely upgrades, in your situation.

2. Make sure to cap all Valor Points (980/980) every week and buy the 378 Relic, Ring, Necklace. Or at least that's the way I took because of how my gear was. You can always start out buy purchasing T12 first. Just make sure to cap every week.

3. People are still doing 4.1 (T11) Raids, get into a pug group and replace all of your 353's with 359's. In my Firelands Raids, I don't allow anyone in who is below 359, and if they have PvP gear, I don't even invite them.

4. Get your Therazane and Hyjal Rep up to Exalted for your Head and your Shoulder Enchants. Those are a must.

5. Like mentioned earlier in this thread, your mace and helmet are poop. Run mass amounts of ZA/ZG's and get the Healing Mace out of ZA (Drops off of Last Boss) and the Healing Helmet out of ZG (Drops, at a pretty damn good rate, off of Zanzil). They are 353's, but they're an upgrade in your case which will help you get into better raids, and in returned loot better gear.
    Good advice. But you can kill Rag with under 359 ilvl. I got to Rag with full 359, and 353 mace and shoulders. We would have killed him that week had people not failed at the 2nd transition. A lot of my gear at the time was itemized very poorly as well...I had 5 pieces with no spirit except what was reforged. Most of the other raids had 359 with a few pieces of 372 thrown in.

Everything was gemmed and enchanted, reforged to haste.

Shannox is easy. Ryolith is easy. Alysrazor is like the easiest fight in there once you get the mechanics down and everyone is doing their job. Bethtilac I find the hardest out of the first 4 bosses. I was designated to go and heal the tank up top and sometimes theres alot of damage going out between you, the tank, and the dps up there. Baelroc isn't particularly difficult but it requires you to learn the mechanics. Majordomo is all about your other healers since all the other ones can AoE heal much better than a paladin. So heal the tank and do your best. Rag is pretty damn easy to heal too once your raid starts avoiding damage. Pretty damn easy actually.

All this assumes your other raiders are in 359 gear, you're communicating verbally somehow, and you're capable of rotating cooldowns if need be. Also dps should be at or around 18k at the minimum....some higher some lower is fine.
    Last edited by Psilar; 2011-07-28 at 03:40 PM.