Ragnaros 25 man by Reincarnated[H]

Hello MMO-championers.

Now that we (Reincarnated on Tarren Mill EU) have cleared 7/7 (Normal) we thought it would be a nice thing to share our achivements with you.

Our youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/ReincarnatedTM

And our latest kill is:

We hope to get some constructive feedback, on maybe both how we do the fights, aswell as editing.

We normally have several perspectives, but due to AoE heavyness in p2, the other players could not record during the Ragnaros kill.

Any critique is welcome.

Cheers from Reincarnated and Nitrak .
    - http://www.reincarnatedTM.wowstead.com
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    Gratz man, but I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to advertise yourself here. I can't remember if MMO-C has a guild reqruitement, you might be able to share you achievements there.

Good luck on heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Gratz man, but I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to advertise yourself here. I can't remember if MMO-C has a guild reqruitement, you might be able to share you achievements there.

Good luck on heroics.
    I tried suggesting a video forum, and i was told i could post our video's here. It is mainly to get feedback on the video's i do, to see what i can do better
    - Mario Andretti

Messy metoer kiting... Really doesnt make sense.. but Gj.

Quote Originally Posted by Krogh View Post
    Messy metoer kiting... Really doesnt make sense.. but Gj.
    Well, it was our first kill, we can only improve from it . But yea, granted, our meteor kiting was messy at best, though just enough with 3 peeps staying alive.

We tried to make melee's stick to the left side, ranged at the purple marker, and tanks on the right side, with healers spread as tightly as possible, and then having the targeted ones running around the back of the room, but that was the plan, not the execution.

Anyone else have another hint to how to efficienly control the meteors?
    - Mario Andretti

kite them for longer, instead of hitting them all the time each time you can..

Deleted
    Nicely made video, good intro, enjoyed the vid, gz on the kill and gl with heroic modes .

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought the H was for heroic.

It's for Horde.

Now I'm sad.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I thought the H was for heroic.

It's for Horde.

Now I'm sad.
    ^This. Grats for the kill, I want to kill that god dam fireball someday! Now, can you please change title little bit :P?

Quote Originally Posted by Gramexer View Post
    ^This. Grats for the kill, I want to kill that god dam fireball someday! Now, can you please change title little bit :P?
    Yea, i kinda realised that right after i made the post, and found no way to edit the title -.-..
    - Mario Andretti

I love the editing tbh. You guys got more vids like that?
    Oh and gratz btw.

Deleted
    A pointer about the intro: Don't like the transition from the epic music as you zoom in on Ragnaros, into black screen, into your guild's name and shots of all the bosses you killed. The initial music and overview of Firelands is pretty cool and gets you pumped up to watch the fight, you're ready to start seeing him get killed and... nothing. Anti-climatic switch into the 2nd half of the intro. It seems like stuff is out of place, first you have clips showing Rag.. then you display your guild name, then you show clips of your guild, then you display Rag's name. You're better off starting with the clips of your guild, then the name, then the clip of zooming into Firelands and showing Rag (with the musical climax) display Rag's name and then go into the fight.

Just my $0.02. Otherwise good vid

read the stickies, peace

Quote Originally Posted by Eec003 View Post
    read the stickies, peace
    Which stickies? The one about "Official raid stream sticky", "How to make a useful "Why are we wiping on this boss?" thread or "Raid & Dungeon useful threads"?
    Neither of those specify anything about a post like this.
    This post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Video-Section where i suggest a video section though have a specific reply from a moderator telling me i can post my video's in this forum. So please get your facts straight, and if you refer to stickies, please link to them.

Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post
    I love the editing tbh. You guys got more vids like that?
    Oh and gratz btw.
    Thank you, yea, we got alot more video's, just check the channel the video is on!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    A pointer about the intro: Don't like the transition from the epic music as you zoom in on Ragnaros, into black screen, into your guild's name and shots of all the bosses you killed. The initial music and overview of Firelands is pretty cool and gets you pumped up to watch the fight, you're ready to start seeing him get killed and... nothing. Anti-climatic switch into the 2nd half of the intro. It seems like stuff is out of place, first you have clips showing Rag.. then you display your guild name, then you show clips of your guild, then you display Rag's name. You're better off starting with the clips of your guild, then the name, then the clip of zooming into Firelands and showing Rag (with the musical climax) display Rag's name and then go into the fight.

Just my $0.02. Otherwise good vid
    Thank you for your $0.02. I really appreciate it, and i can see what your point is, and i will take it into consideration when making our next video. Just got Shannox HC down yesterday, so a video will of course be incomming soon! .
    - Mario Andretti

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post

Which stickies? The one about "Official raid stream sticky", "How to make a useful "Why are we wiping on this boss?" thread or "Raid & Dungeon useful threads"?
    Neither of those specify anything about a post like this.
    This post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Video-Section where i suggest a video section though have a specific reply from a moderator telling me i can post my video's in this forum. So please get your facts straight, and if you refer to stickies, please link to them.

Thank you, yea, we got alot more video's, just check the channel the video is on!

Thank you for your $0.02. I really appreciate it, and i can see what your point is, and i will take it into consideration when making our next video. Just got Shannox HC down yesterday, so a video will of course be incomming soon! .
    I must say I agree with the quoted poster about the intro. I would have edited in everything after your guild name, into the initial intro, including your guild name. It would take off some of the time later on in the intro, getting into the meat of the video. Also, it gives a chance to view your accomplishments (all the bosses you killed to get where you are) and the to the last step, Ragnaros. How I would have it, is do the overview of the keep just as you did. Bring your guild name in, shot of your guild, meshing in your other boss kills, and then, the grand finale... Ragnaros. I'm not a video editor by any definition, but that is how I would have liked to see your intro.

Happy hunting, you'll thoroughly enjoy Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I must say I agree with the quoted poster about the intro. I would have edited in everything after your guild name, into the initial intro, including your guild name. It would take off some of the time later on in the intro, getting into the meat of the video. Also, it gives a chance to view your accomplishments (all the bosses you killed to get where you are) and the to the last step, Ragnaros. How I would have it, is do the overview of the keep just as you did. Bring your guild name in, shot of your guild, meshing in your other boss kills, and then, the grand finale... Ragnaros. I'm not a video editor by any definition, but that is how I would have liked to see your intro.

Happy hunting, you'll thoroughly enjoy Heroics.
    Yea, i do see it makes alot more sence to first show name, accomplishments, then intro to ragnaros. Gives a more fluient storytelling, instead of going Ragnaros-Accomplishments-Ragnaros.

As i said, Shannox HC bate the dust, so a video will be incomming soon. I will see if i can get something nice mashed together .
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    I like how Raggy has so much different positioning tactics that can be used, imo one of the key elements of a good boss fight: more than 1 tactic can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    I like how Raggy has so much different positioning tactics that can be used, imo one of the key elements of a good boss fight: more than 1 tactic can work.
    Yea, Ragnaros in cata is surely alot more interresting and varied then the vanilla Ragnaros! . I am rendering our heroic Shannox kill, and i will post it herer as soon as i get it uploaded, and hopefully get some feedback on it aswell. Stay tuned! You can subscribe so you can check the video's as soon as they are uploaded

---------- Post added 2011-07-31 at 05:42 PM ----------

I wanted to do similar as the ragnaros intro with showing the landscape we fought on, but since we killed him at Baleroc's platform, it seemed a bit weird to show that. So i showed selected clips from our initial normal kill.

I would appreciate comments if it worked good/bad, or any comments on the video.
    Last edited by Nitrak; 2011-08-01 at 05:49 PM. Reason: New youtube link
    - Mario Andretti