Post apocalyptic MMO Idea

Alright so I have a base IDEA about this MMO that could be a huge success. So my IDEA! Lets get started:

Main world:

My idea for the main world is a huge place, This huge place is the United States after the apocalypse and no I don't mean just some popular cities or states. I mean the WHOLE United states of America. With no loading screens and it will kinda be like fallout.

Classes:

My idea of the classes for this game is the Seven Deadly sins which are Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, Pride here are some concept ideas for the Gluttony and Greed classes

Gluttony: The player clicks the ability "Enter something about exploding" You run into the enemy you are trying to kill and while you are doing that your character starts to grow fatter and fatter and eventually explodes causing death to yourself and the enemy.

Greed: So this was a main worry for me and here is what I think will work

The player clicks the ability "Something about vanishing here" your character throws old world money in the air so that you can't see your character and you appear behind the enemy.

Talents:

So for talents I got thinking what would be a cool idea for this and I came up with these:

War: The player concentrates more on PvP in this and will get the ability to summon a fire horse under the name "War"
    Famine: The player concentrates more on Tanking and PvE and you will get the ability to summon a black horse under the name "Famine"
    Death: The player concentrates on straight DPS and PvE and you will get the ability to summon a Greenish pale horse under the name "Death"
    Victory: The player concentrates on healing and PvE and PvP and you will get the ability to summon a White horse under the name "Victory"

Races:

I havent really gotten into the races concept but I am thinking along the lines of this.

Mutants: They were here when the war started..... They were here when the war ended and now they fight as a every day struggle in the city known as "Underlight". Their racial ability would be "adrenaline" increasing movement speed by 100%.

Ghouls: Quietly they rose from the dead and the radiation brought them back to life as nothing but mere bone and wonder the dangerous plains of the United Wasteland of America. Their racial ability would be "Savage" giving them extra money and more of a chance of greens to drop

Humans: The humans have lived through the war and they are still a very put together race and nothing has changed much with the way they live. You start off in the virtual block of "Newport". Their racial ability is "Hopes High" Which when talking to people increases things like the ability to bargain and get a better deal.

Well this is what I have so far and I thought this all up in church! So please tell me what you think and mods please don't delete. If this is in the wrong section please move it to the correct. It took me 20 mintues to type all of this up!

Deleted
    I've seen more initial ideas about fan made classes in WoW. You should really put more work into what you are thinking about doing before posting it on a public forum so it can be critiqued.

This just seems like Fallout but as an MMO though to be honest. I like the idea of including the 7 Sins and 3 of the 4 Horsemen of Apocalypse, but really, it's just recylced ideas mashed into one thing, reminds me of RIFT in that respect.

I would comment more but i don't think there's much point. I know you only took 20 minutes to write it all up but if this was any sort of idea you had half serious plans on following, more ground work would be needed, alot more :P

EDIT: I know that sounds really dickish but, i provided a fair judgement, i pointed out some things i liked, but overall, it's not horrible for 20 minutes work and could maybe shape up to be something slightly interesting given more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    I've seen more initial ideas about fan made classes in WoW. You should really put more work into what you are thinking about doing before posting it on a public forum so it can be critiqued.

This just seems like Fallout but as an MMO though to be honest. I like the idea of including the 7 Sins and 3 of the 4 Horsemen of Apocalypse, but really, it's just recylced ideas mashed into one thing, reminds me of RIFT in that respect.

I would comment more but i don't think there's much point. I know you only took 20 minutes to write it all up but if this was any sort of idea you had half serious plans on following, more ground work would be needed, alot more :P
    I know more work needs to be put into it but I thought this stuff up in church, Didn't really try put more thought into it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of classes being attributes. There's a lot of potential there

Post-apocalyptic scenarios are the worst for video games. Everything is dead and broken and ugly, I wouldn't want to spend hours staring at a barren landscape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Post-apocalyptic scenarios are the worst for video games. Everything is dead and broken and ugly, I wouldn't want to spend hours staring at a barren landscape.
    Aye, i only put up Fallout because i bum the hell out of Bethesda :/

Post-apocolyptic things are highly overdone, i can't think of many names right now beyond Fallout and... Broken Earth? or something like that, but it feels like that Cash Cow has been milked till it's udders fell off. Then milked some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with that though is that United States is well... big. If a game was that huge it would need A LOT of content to justify having such a large area, not sure how a game would function with that huge of an open area for an MMO either.

The 7 sins and the 4 horsemen have also been done a lot so you would need something new to those to make people pay any attention to it. Also all of your classes sounds like they would end up being evil. Being evil in a game should be a different experience than normally playing or else it isn't really being evil at all, it's just doing the normal thing.

Gears of War would fall under that category, but of all the titles that come to mind they at least do it the best imo. Keeping things relatively varied

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Problem with that though is that United States is well... big. If a game was that huge it would need A LOT of content to justify having such a large area, not sure how a game would function with that huge of an open area for an MMO either.

The 7 sins and the 4 horsemen have also been done a lot so you would need something new to those to make people pay any attention to it. Also all of your classes sounds like they would end up being evil. Being evil in a game should be a different experience than normally playing or else it isn't really being evil at all, it's just doing the normal thing.
    I mean the apocalypse did happen and I guess some backstory you could say Hell is taking over earth.

Deleted
    Isn't taking the 7 sins as main concept of the game not a little bit too much of a plain copy from Faxion Online?

But they arn't the classes and they arn't the main concept. The end of the world is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zizzlfie View Post
    But they arn't the classes and they arn't the main concept. The end of the world is.
    Okay then why is the end of the world happening.

The end of the world is.
    That's the general premise for any action game ever.

The post apocalypse theme is one of my favorites. A Fallout mmo with a persistent world would be amazing imo if done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I dunno, i kondof find it peacefull and serene sometimes in fallout, also the sense of lore and that hundreds of years of history have happened and gone to pass is cool.

Deleted
    ...and it will kinda be like fallout.
    As some others noted, there is talk of a Fallout MMO already.
    For the rest I thought the idea was quite interesting.

Xsyon is post-apocalypse and created after Lake Tahoe Basin in the US and will expand more once the game becomes more finished.

And yes we need more post-apocalypse and sci-fi MMORPG's, everyone keeps throwing out fantasy games.