Unstable Affliction Penalty

Change dispelling UA to a mana loss and damage, blizz buffed UA dispel damage then nerf the crap outta it. It would be nice to see our measely 2k dot damage actually staying on the target, rather then healers dispelling everything and their hots healing them through our so called dispel protection (granted we have a few dots, but they unless we have a 3stack of shadow embrace they dont represent a massive threat)

Last I checked healers cant dispell anything because if we do we get silenced for (3 sec? ) and take like 30k dmg. Don't remember which dot causes this.

on a player that is 3k+ res the damage caused is like around 17-20k yes you get a small silence for it as well, but your hots easily heal through that damage (unless your a holy pally) and the 3sec silence you get is laughable, no lock can kill a player with reasonable gear from 85-90% in 3secs

---------- Post added 2011-07-24 at 09:39 PM ----------

Also the thread is named Unstable Affliction.... i wonder which dot i might be talking about????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacripple View Post
    and the 3sec silence you get is laughable, no lock can kill a player with reasonable gear from 85-90% in 3secs
    No, but a good lock can put a severe hurt by adding that 3sec into a cc chain. You might not be able to kill them in that window, but playing affliction in arena isn't about rawr faceroll bursting down healers in globals. You need to be able to make the most of your cc offensively and slow wittle through their cooldowns till they have fallen behind enough to finish the deal. Those 3s windows of almost free CC make the difference in more games then you would think.

Deleted
    Are you playing 3v3? If you do then you would understand it's usefulness as it prevents healers from dispelling your DoTs and thus keeping pressure on the whole team.
    Before the nerf it was scaling way too good with spell power so it became a 2-3 hit penality. And that is pretty OP.

i played 3v3 last season, havent yet got into it this season, didnt get high rating though, sat around 1900. Dont claim to be the best or anything lol, but i know UA needs to have a bigger penalty (not more of a silence) but something more then measly damage that a hot heals through

Quote Originally Posted by Isshin View Post
    Last I checked healers cant dispell anything because if we do we get silenced for (3 sec? ) and take like 30k dmg. Don't remember which dot causes this.
    because 30k will for sure put you in danger... especially if you got hots rolling on you. -_-
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    It does prevent spam dispelling, though, providing you keep up Unstable Affliction on as many targets as possible, as often as possible. If you do this, and a healer chain dispels, he is dead meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

If anything, UA should be nerfed. If our 3600 resi disc priest dispels it by mistake he often takes 30k dmg and gets silenced which makes it hard to be able to keep up with healing. I don't see a problem with this if it would be the warlock only, but when teamed up with a mage, it becomes pretty ridiculous how little a melee can do when the healer can't dispel any novas or fears.

You disc priest needs to learn to pay attention to debuffs. Your disc priest has a L2Play issue, not a UA issue.

UA is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. If you think think it's there to stop people from EVER dispelling your dots, you're just wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    just gonna add this but the silence is 4 seconds and not 3.

against most healers the dispell protection is really useless.

shamans heal when dispelling stuff, completely negating the damage.
    disc priests can abuse their silence immunity and let their shields take the damage.
    restodruids can dispell curses, they can already get 2 of our debuffs removed without even having to worry about dispell protection. Their hots deal with the rest.
    holy paladins... well... i think this is the only healer that really doesnt like unstable affliction unless they plan to bubbledispell everything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    playing affliction in arena isn't about rawr faceroll bursting down healers in globals.
    Indeed, you should play a DK for that

Couldn't resist.

for those who say that Unstable Affliction being dispelled is nothing
    (unrelated note still roflmaoing about that poor priest, he QQ)

Dispelling UA in high rated Arenas can lose a game for you. It is fine.