Deleted

3 sec CD on crusader strike: burst cooldown

I've reached, with on use effect of Apparatus, 3 sec CD on Crusader Strike.

It's better to use Zealotry and Avenging Wrath separately?

Thx for reply
    Last edited by mmoc254cc2d53e; 2011-07-24 at 10:31 PM.

You're stacking haste?
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Apparatus should be giving you Mastery or Crit, so it shouldn't effect your CS CD at all. Unless you are stacking haste for some reason, which you shouldn't be.

Deleted
    Sorry for english, not my native language. However, I'm stacking haste to test it (I know that mastery and crit are better, but I want to try something different)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siral View Post
    I've reached, with on use effect of Apparatus, 3 sec CD on Crusader Strike.

It's better to use Zealotry and Avenging Wrath separately?

Thx for reply
    First of all,why are you even stacking haste?

I wonder how "hard" your TVs hit, with haste stacking..

Quote Originally Posted by NaaBcAke View Post
    I wonder how "hard" your TVs hit, with haste stacking..
    The better question in his case would be this. If you have CS down to 3 seconds that would mean you could TV every 9 seconds. Would that damage outweigh the damage loss from going with a 4 (lowered to make an even number) sec CS cooldown so that you TV every 12 seconds. Essentially every 3 TV's with that you would get 1 extra would it add up over the fight? Yes, I know mastery affects CS as well, but it falls under the same boat. It could theoretically work in a perfect world I'd assume, but I don't want to put forth the effort to fully test it =P

I know last tier Mastery outweighed it by a lot, but this tier with more stats that are available on gear who knows. I'm sure there's math done on it, but I can't find it atm.

Also, as for the quote I quoted. Mastery and Crit have no effect on how hard TV hits just if it can crit or not. Mastery only affects the "additional" damage it could do. So if you hit for 34k and have say 40% Mastery effect that would be 13.6k extra damage. If you were to stack haste and have say 20% then you would be only getting 6.8k extra damage.

So I guess it would go like this, using the following scenario for 36 seconds.

3 sec cooldown has 20% mastery resulting in 15k CS, 3k mastery and a 30k TV with 6.8k mastery.
    4 sec cooldown has 40% mastery resulting in 15k CS, 6k mastery and a 30k TV with 13.6k mastery

3 sec = 18k, 18k, 18k, 36.8k = 90,800 damage = 363,200 damage for entire 36 seconds
    4 sec = 21k, 21k, 21k, 43.6k = 106,600 damage = 319,800 damage for entire 36 seconds
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-07-24 at 11:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The better question in his case would be this. If you have CS down to 3 seconds that would mean you could TV every 9 seconds. Would that damage outweigh the damage loss from going with a 4 (lowered to make an even number) sec CS cooldown so that you TV every 12 seconds. Essentially every 3 TV's with that you would get 1 extra would it add up over the fight? Yes, I know mastery affects CS as well, but it falls under the same boat. It could theoretically work in a perfect world I'd assume, but I don't want to put forth the effort to fully test it =P

I know last tier Mastery outweighed it by a lot, but this tier with more stats that are available on gear who knows. I'm sure there's math done on it, but I can't find it atm.
    He only gets to 3sec with Apparatus.So thats only every 2 minutes for 15sec.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    He only gets to 3sec with Apparatus.So thats only every 2 minutes for 15sec.
    I know this, I'm say what if he really wanted to stack haste as you can get 5% easily with a boomkin, spriest, shaman with spell haste totem down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zealotry and Avenging wrath should still be used together. Zealotry will change your rotation to something like CS-TV-CS-TV during the effect, with the occasional TV-TV, and Avenging Wrath will simply boost all damage by 20%. You will still gain more damage by using both at once, due to more TV. The only change is, during Zealotry and proc, haste has a lower value due to potential DP procs. The reason ret doesnt go haste for 3sec CS is that DP can proc, thus causing you to use 2 globals on TV and "wasting" the added haste for CS.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2011-07-24 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know this, I'm say what if he really wanted to stack haste as you can get 5% easily with a boomkin, spriest, shaman with spell haste totem down.
    Even if you stack haste you cant reach 3sec CS.You must account also the latency you have.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Even if you stack haste you cant reach 3sec CS.You must account also the latency you have.
    Warlock buff works, too :P

Deleted
    If you read EJ (and IIRC even on this forum), you should know that Exemplar told that he has found some mistakes in the formula he used for his spreadsheet.

Since I can't create a spreadsheet, I'm testing directly in game different reforging/gemming/enchanting setup.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush84 View Post
    Warlock buff works, too :P
    GL getting it in a raid.

Deleted
    So I guess it would go like this, using the following scenario for 36 seconds.

3 sec cooldown has 20% mastery resulting in 15k CS, 3k mastery and a 30k TV with 6.8k mastery.
    4 sec cooldown has 40% mastery resulting in 15k CS, 6k mastery and a 30k TV with 13.6k mastery

3 sec = 18k, 18k, 18k, 36.8k = 90,800 damage = 363,200 damage for entire 36 seconds
    4 sec = 21k, 21k, 21k, 43.6k = 106,600 damage = 319,800 damage for entire 36 seconds
    the damage from the 'lost' filler ie holy wrath+consecration+AoW+judge since your doing 1 less filler each time round would probably be more than the differance betwen these numbers. especialy as with more mastery/crit instead of haste the fillers would crit more and if it's a DP TV proc the 6k mastery damg lost, also your 4 sec TV's are criting more so the 5%? crit chance you are lower is not reflected.

loss of criting TV's/CS/Fillers + less damage from 'lost fillers' in the cs-filler-filler-cs compared with the cs-filler-cs rotation.

this loss of filler/crit is easily more than the damg gained from the extra cs.

also since your saying 'when proc trinkey only' you should compare to 'if proced mastery' on trinkey as that would posibbly take mastery to 50~ and remember mastery is 30% more after inquisition and then 8% AFTER that if mob properly debuffed.
    A 100k TV with 40% mastery hits for 40k*1.3*1.08 = 56,160 (56~ of the TV) so that TV+mastery hit for 156k
    with the haste it's 100k 20% mastery hiting for 20k*1.3*1.08 = 28,080 (28~ of the TV) so that TV+Mast hit for 128k

lots of reasons why mastery outweights haste,

however do keep some haste as it indirectly gives you more aow procs which means you have less 'empty' GCD's between cs/tv's