Thread: Hunter 2s/3s

Hunter 2s/3s

Im gonna start playing my hunter solely for pvp purposes because Im getting burnt out from pve.

Was just wondering if anyone knew some good comps for 2s/3s and if you could point me towards a good website to go for spec/gemming/enchanting/strat info.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had just put up a post in Hunter Forums about this if you'd like to check it out

1 - delete hunter2 - reroll warlock or mage3 - obtain legendary staff4 - ????/5 - 3.5k rating R1 world GG caster hard to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimla View Post
    1 - delete hunter2 - reroll warlock or mage3 - obtain legendary staff4 - ????/5 - 3.5k rating R1 world GG caster hard to play.
    I'd like to see your Mage/Lock's armory at the end of this season/tier plix.

imo, resto Shaman will be the best partner in 2v2 with Hunter.
    resto Shanman/Hunter/DK or Warrior is the best combo in 3v3.

Deleted
    In 2vs2 I'd go with a Sub Rogue.

I play with a aflli lock on my resto druid and here is what happens:

Rogue opens on my partner. I have to get out of stealth so I pounche the rogue. Before I can do anything the following occurs:
    Get a silence shot on me - > scatter shot - > Trapped. All still cool while the rogue is eating my partner and the hunter is going all out on my mate aswell. Fuck his hp is dropping fast. have to trinket.

I get blinded, scatter shot again and then trapped again. Usually during the 2nd scattershot there is a fair chance my partner has died.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    In 2vs2 I'd go with a Sub Rogue.

I play with a aflli lock on my resto druid and here is what happens:

Rogue opens on my partner. I have to get out of stealth so I pounche the rogue. Before I can do anything the following occurs:
    Get a silence shot on me - > scatter shot - > Trapped. All still cool while the rogue is eating my partner and the hunter is going all out on my mate aswell. Fuck his hp is dropping fast. have to trinket.

I get blinded, scatter shot again and then trapped again. Usually during the 2nd scattershot there is a fair chance my partner has died.
    You definitely played it wrong then. When the rogue opens on your lock friend, and hunter attacks him, YOU open on the hunter, not the rogue. Quickly get 5 CP, start a rip on the hunter, then insta cyclone the rogue (not before hitting him with faerie fire though). Expect a trinket use by the rogue, so start casting roots on him, and when he trinkets the cyclone he's then rooted for a good bit. This peels him, and allows your partner to then focus the hunter with you.

OT: Speaking from experience, a rogue is a good partner for the hunter, as well as a feral.

I played with a few semi-competent hunters on my feral, and we REALLY crushed teams. The only teams that beat us were war/hpal, or like dk/rsham or something, but even then it was usually only 50/50

Hunter 2v2 is almost complete shit outside of BM/feral which can reach 2k and we're limited to a few viable comps in 3v3. Good luck finding a team that's willing to carry a hunter that has mediocre damage compared to other classes such as rogues, locks, druids, mages, DKs.

Deleted
    2v2:
    Pref Feral.
    Other options: Retri, Enha, Warrior.
    Id you like long matches you can try also resto druid or disc priest.
    3v3:
    KFC (warrior, hunter, healer)
    Jungle cleave (hunter, feral, healer)