Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think balance is very good for PvP, what do you think?

Core rotation

Starfire / Wrath / Moon Fire / Incect Swarm (misspelled Insect lawl)
    Starfire / Wrath
    Eclipse
    > ∞

Crowd Control

Solar Beam
    - Area silence
    Comment what you dont like about it here:
    Nature's Grasp
    - Snare
    Entangling Roots
    - Snare
    Wild Mushroom
    - Slow
    Typhoon
    - Push Back, Slow
    Cyclone
    - Lockout
    Bear / Cat abilities
    Bash
    - Stun
    Skullbash
    - Silence
    Pounce
    - Stun (requires prowl)
    Maim
    - Stun
    Very good mobility

Dash
    - Speed
    Stampeding Roar
    - Speed
    Prowl
    - Stealth

I asked myself; why can't this spec be in the top arena teams? What is have to be done?
    Last edited by Supermantra; 2011-07-25 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirdamor View Post
    I asked myself; why can't this spec be in the top arena teams? What is have to be done?
    you need to try one...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirdamor View Post
    Starfire / Wrath / Moon Fire / Incest Swarm
    What spec is that, Alabama Druid?

Why should they be best?

OT: Boomkins are now preferred in PvE as one of the best caster DPS (?), Feral tank is good, Druid healer is good, Feral DPS is good.. Of course when you play it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Boomking is best AOE dps and Feral is probably the best pvp melee dps if not the best overall for pvp.
    I woudl like to show you demo lock for AoE
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fastest at geting airborn, does it count?

---------- Post added 2011-07-25 at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein View Post
    hahahahaha you just made my day!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Every1 knowz durid is only 5 sec away from being better than you.

Old but gold.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Alamo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selverein View Post
    hahahahahahahahaahaahah

OT:loving my Feral atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Originally I rolled a druid for Tree form..
    I am in the same boat

Any who druids are awesome healers.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soiree View Post
    So I decided to roll a druid because of their versatility, their ability to take on any role. But I was wondering, are Druids actually the best at anything? I wanted to focus on PvP as a kitty but I read on official forums that kitty is just now viable against the main PvP specs and will be nerfed soon. I feel like Druid tanks are just meat sacks, they have a lot of stamina but little mitigation and they just seem really boring. When it comes to caster DPS I think moonkins are the lowest, with mage probably being he best. I don't really know much about healing, but I can see by abilities that they are HoT focused. So what did you guys roll a druid for?
    If you haven't played any of these at 85, it's hard for you to make a judgement call on any of it. Bear druids have some of the best mitigation in the game currently, both physical and magic. Resto Druids have poor mitigation cooldowns (none of which to speak of) but deliver higher HPS than any other healing class and have 3 cooldowns which deliver even higher HPS than their normal rotation. I haven't played as Cats recently enough to make any call on them but I know one of their greatest weaknesses has always been positioning (like subtly rogues, if they can't get behind their target, they are massively hindered). I know Blizzard has gone out of their way to hot fix a lot of fights like Magmaw and Ragnaros so that classes like these can do their skills from the side as if they were behind them. As for boomchickens, I know they recently had to be nerfed do to the ridiculous numbers they were putting out multi-dotting on some encounters (for not even being a real dot class). I think your points are based off nothing and like nothing, carry little weight :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Soiree View Post
    So I decided to roll a druid because of their versatility, their ability to take on any role. But I was wondering, are Druids actually the best at anything? I wanted to focus on PvP as a kitty but I read on official forums that kitty is just now viable against the main PvP specs and will be nerfed soon. I feel like Druid tanks are just meat sacks, they have a lot of stamina but little mitigation and they just seem really boring. When it comes to caster DPS I think moonkins are the lowest, with mage probably being he best. I don't really know much about healing, but I can see by abilities that they are HoT focused. So what did you guys roll a druid for?
    Druids (feral) are the best at 1 thing...

Getting nerfed when they get on the same level as every other class.
    Not exactly sure why that is, although I do have some theories... but I won't bore you with those.
    You seem to already know this though judging by your above statement "I read on official forums that kitty is just now viable against the main PvP specs and will be nerfed soon"

Wanting a hybrid to be the best at something? Good troll.

Ever since Blizzard did away with the "hybrids = worse than pures" stuff, and made everyone equally capable with an almost equal amount of utility each class brings to the table, hybrids are very, very good. As a druid you have four fully capable roles in one char. All four are very PvE viable , and three of them are very PvP viable (four if you just do BGs/RBGs - Moonkin excels at BGs but is one of the weakest specs for Arena (I'm sure you can get Glad with them, but you have to put in much more effort which usually isn't worth it)).
    In addition to that, resto druids are almost overpowered in PvE (based on pure raid HPS) and ferals are currently definitely overpowered in PvP (pretty much the only God mode class/spec right now - like DKs/Warriors were last season).
    So yes druids are insane actually for all the flexibility they provide.

Deleted
    Bears are not just hits with no mitigation, have you not seen savage defense or vast amount of dodge from Agi? A Good Bear wont stack Stam but Agi.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Ever since Blizzard did away with the "hybrids = worse than pures" stuff, and made everyone equally capable with an almost equal amount of utility each class brings to the table, hybrids are very, very good. As a druid you have four fully capable roles in one char. All four are very PvE viable , and three of them are very PvP viable (four if you just do BGs/RBGs - Moonkin excels at BGs but is one of the weakest specs for Arena (I'm sure you can get Glad with them, but you have to put in much more effort which usually isn't worth it)).
    In addition to that, resto druids are almost overpowered in PvE (based on pure raid HPS) and ferals are currently definitely overpowered in PvP (pretty much the only God mode class/spec right now - like DKs/Warriors were last season).
    So yes druids are insane actually for all the flexibility they provide.
    Yeah, feral druids are god mode. *rolls eyes*
    You never die! You kill everything!
    Give us a break.

See my above post about people wanting feral nerfs whenever the spec becomes serious.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think druids are amazing healers. Raid healers especially, but they can keep a tank up acceptably well nowadays as well.

I like my bear, but I realize being a bear isn't for everyone. The downside of an avoidance tank is you feel so squishy when you get bad avoidance RNG QQ

My main is MS boomkin / OS feral tank and despite all the nerfs to boomkin that just seem to keep coming its still fun, and most raid groups dont have one so its something unique to bring to the table. As stated previously, any fight that we can multi dot in we will be good at, but single target vs. almost any other caster class and we will watch our numbers fall fast. For example shannox which has 3 solid targets to get dots rolling on and keep them up you can easily top 25k and love it. Fights like baleroc on teh other hand, the last time i checked, boomkins were in last place on all the logs in 10 man and 2nd to last in 25 man on that fight.

Feral on teh other hand is really good in certain situations, such as H Halfus back when it was hard. pally-warrior-dk tanks had to do a taunt tango after the first bop in order for the MS to wear off, while as a druid tank i mitigated enough stacks to have a 3 bop rotation and take the needless taunting around of 3 drakes and a boss completely out of the equation. Yes with a druid its either hit or miss, but when you dodge that last decimation blade baleroc throws at you, it feels prety good.

People saying balance is aoe king haven't checked out kitty aoe lately lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids are the best at being the best at everything.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

# # #
    Best waffles ever.