Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    365 crafted items

    I've never abused the economy so badly as I have this patch. I've been stockpiling choas orbs since like December, and I'm a BS and I got all the new patterns right away.

    Buying the mats and crafting these items myself, I've been literally 'selling' my orbs on the AH for upwards of 3k gold PER orb (5 to a pattern).

    Is anyone else doing this or I am a horrible person?? I MEAN WHO spends 22k on a 365 2her that cost me 4k in mats + my 5 orbs. I've sold TWO of them at that price, and although prices are already dropping I'm still averaging 1k+ gold per orb.

  2. #2
    Keyboard Turner Dimmanxak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Baykonur
    Posts
    3
    500 gold per orb on my realm.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Minrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deep six.
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmanxak View Post
    500 gold per orb on my realm.
    ^ This altho I personally wont go that high just seems a bit unfair since the way I look at is if I havent used em yet they're just taking up spaces in may bag.

  4. #4
    so 500g for orb and what for craft ?

    like new poleram ? i was wondering

  5. #5
    Supply and demand in my opinion. If you were to have an actual auction, it'd probably reach that sort of price, so why sell it for so much lower? It will be a pain in the arse for players like me, who won't be able to buy them until the price goes down over the next few weeks, but oh well, we'll get it then, no big deal.

  6. #6
    I was the only blacksmith on my realm with the plans for the first day and i had 70 chaos orbs saved up. Suffice to say i made over 100k gold in that first day.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkore11 View Post
    Is anyone else doing this or I am a horrible person?? I MEAN WHO spends 22k on a 365 2her that cost me 4k in mats + my 5 orbs. I've sold TWO of them at that price, and although prices are already dropping I'm still averaging 1k+ gold per orb.
    The demand force in setting market prices is not a function of the costs associated with production, it's determined subjectively by the utility perceived by those who demand the item as expressed by their preferences.

  8. #8
    I sold some for 1k each, I really should have been stockpiling orbs instead of leveling alts.

  9. #9
    still didnt get answer ? they get mats , u has orbs " 5 orbs "+ craft will be = ???

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JrTM View Post
    still didnt get answer ? they get mats , u has orbs " 5 orbs "+ craft will be = ???
    Server-dependant really, or as we say here in dreary Holland: "Wat de gek ervoor geeft" ("What a fool will pay for it"), pricing for similar (or identical) items on different servers can differ hugely.

    Edit: i paid 300G per orb to have the 2-handed sword made, AH prices are hugely inflated and unbalanced between items to boot (13.5K gold for 2H-sword, 27K for caster mace o_O )
    Last edited by mysticx; 2011-07-21 at 11:05 AM.

  11. #11
    I feel like crap since I have Engineering. Best I've sold is for 1k per orb, whereas some of these BS items are going for 35k on my server...

  12. #12
    I had 35 orbs and 48 truegold when I got my 365 mats. If the last one sells today (I'm at work) I would have made 110k from 5 weapons. It's awesome that we have 8 recipe's; there's a lot of Masterwork Deathblades in AH (for plate DPS) but not a whole lot of AGI staff (hunters/druids), so I just make those.

    Right now I have 12 orbs. I can snatch Truegold off AH and still profit insanely if prices hold up

  13. #13
    I only paid 60g a orb

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    I had 35 orbs and 48 truegold when I got my 365 mats. If the last one sells today (I'm at work) I would have made 110k from 5 weapons. It's awesome that we have 8 recipe's; there's a lot of Masterwork Deathblades in AH (for plate DPS) but not a whole lot of AGI staff (hunters/druids), so I just make those.

    Right now I have 12 orbs. I can snatch Truegold off AH and still profit insanely if prices hold up
    I don't bother making the agility polearm, caster dagger, or the engineering gun, as better weapons all drop off FL trash (and prospective buyers are so eager to point out).
    I've made about 90k so far, honestly would've been over 200k if I didn't have to sell weapons to guildies (lost ~15.5k per weapon that way).
    I'm too lazy to grind the orbs myself now, so I'm just buying them, but the effort to cost ratio is still more than sufficient.

  15. #15
    I paid 200g per orb, so 1k, farmed the rest of my mats of the last few weeks. tipped the guy 500g.

    so brand new 365 weapon cost me 1.5k gold.

    Seeing them being sold for 15k gold makes me sad.

  16. #16
    All the crafted weapons on my server are up on the AH for over 23k atm.

    As for orb charges, I'm a bit odd.

    100g for guildies
    500g for people guildies send to me
    750g for random people
    1kg for people I despise.

    started yesterday with 60 orbs... sold out. so restocking will commence after tonight's raid. :P

  17. #17
    I caught the daily bug on my toons, my dk being a BS and cash cow for valor boots/bracers. I had the BS patterns a day ahead of most people and charged 1000 per orb, now since the patterns are out there they price on my real has gone down. I had over 100 orbs too >.>

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkore11 View Post
    I've never abused the economy so badly as I have this patch. I've been stockpiling choas orbs since like December, and I'm a BS and I got all the new patterns right away.

    Buying the mats and crafting these items myself, I've been literally 'selling' my orbs on the AH for upwards of 3k gold PER orb (5 to a pattern).

    Is anyone else doing this or I am a horrible person?? I MEAN WHO spends 22k on a 365 2her that cost me 4k in mats + my 5 orbs. I've sold TWO of them at that price, and although prices are already dropping I'm still averaging 1k+ gold per orb.
    sounds to me like you're just giddy (and maybe a little attention-whoring lol) about being able to turn a nice profit. but no, it's not horrible, if people want to spend that much gold on an item, that's their business.

    the same thing happened when people first got vial of the sands. the prices were insanely high but they still sold. simple principle of supply and demand.

    and as to who spends so much gold on something that you made relatively cheaply, it could be people that don't know how much it really costs and/or people that just don't care because they have more than enough gold that 22k hardly puts a dent in their gold.

  19. #19
    Supply and demand

    On items I placed on the ah I undercut the current prices by a couple grand and I have made about 17 epics and sold them all. Most sold over 15k gold and all sold over 10k gold, do the math.
    "The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil to exist because it isn't angry enough."
    -Bede Jarrett (historian)

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrosaurus View Post
    I don't bother making the agility polearm, caster dagger, or the engineering gun, as better weapons all drop off FL trash (and prospective buyers are so eager to point out).
    I've made about 90k so far, honestly would've been over 200k if I didn't have to sell weapons to guildies (lost ~15.5k per weapon that way).
    I'm too lazy to grind the orbs myself now, so I'm just buying them, but the effort to cost ratio is still more than sufficient.
    Here's the thing, not everyone is educated about the 378 stuff. I see no polearms on my realm's AH, I make one. It gets sold. Did this 3x. Meanwhile, there are four Masterwork Deathblades on AH lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •