Thread: JC Q's

JC Q's

HI I've just a few questions and queries regarding JC and making gold from it. Basically I got my DK with 475 or so JC and I want to make some gold out of it since I know JC is profitable. Now just some background:
    -I have 5 85's with max Alch/Mining/Enchanting/Herbalism/Inscription between them.
    -I have over 240k gold and don't 'farm' for herbs/ore like a peasant, I'm only doing this because I want to try making some more gold cause i'm quite bored atm.
    -I do the Carnelian -- > inferno ruby on my alchemist whenever I find the mats on the AH, meaning I have quite a few red gems.

Now what im wondering is what's the best way of going about making money with JC.
    -On my server all blue gems except red are under 20 gold except red which is 130-160g uncut.
    -The ore is around 65-75 for obsidium and 60-70 for elementium. I don't think prospecting is worth it considering anything but the red gems are worth under 20g/ea. But please tell me otherwise.

Now besides making red gems on my priest, cutting them and selling them i'm quite stumped. Everything else seems as if will not make any profit and will most likely make me worse off.

Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. Also if you need any information about prices on my server or any other info please feel free to ask. Thankyou very much!!

If your Alchymist is transmutation master, I would check the prices on the Shadowspirit Diamond cuts. They usually sell reasonably well on the realm I play on, at least. The ore prices seem inflated. Are you sure they are running for those prices throughout the week?
    It would surprise me greatly if all the rare cuts (besides the red) are running for <20g all the time. I sell quite a few rare gems for 40-200g, but often not the same ones every week. I'm using ZeroAuctions and have set a cutoff at 40g, meaning that I only post the gems that have a higher value than that. These days it seems like the way to go is to have many cuts and rotate between them.
    One week, I'm selling Bold Inferno Rubies for 200g, the next they're down to 50g. It's hard to keep up without auctionhouse addons for reposting.
    The Buy-tab of Auctionator lets me search for "Dream Emerald" and gives me a nice list of all the cuts sorted by price. It makes it easy to see which cuts I should look into next. Although be wary. Some cuts barely sell at all. Look at the stats and consider how useful they are for the various classes before purchasing some crappy cut that noone wants.

I fear I haven't been very helpful, but now that you'll start making gold as you get more and more valuable cuts to diversify your AH postings.

Quote Originally Posted by Praest View Post
    If your Alchymist is transmutation master, I would check the prices on the Shadowspirit Diamond cuts.
    I checked a few times and unless i proc i'll be making a loss just making these gems from alchemy.

the marked on your server sounds fked up, must be a really popolated server or a really really low populated server^^
    mine is pretty populated i'd say and Red, blue, orange and purple gems sells pretty good cut or un cut for like 30-300 depends on the cut but red gems no matter what cus is 200g+,(sometimes it drops to about 100g but that changes alot everyday)

i use alchemy to make meta gems and cut them in to anything and sell them pretty good, the "newest" meta gems still sels for about 150-350g.
    for me buying ore and prospecting it then making stuff from it is pretty good gold.
    what u could try if you have a good ammount of gold is to buy out everything of 1 gem and cleaning out the marked, then making a good starter price, if ppl start undercutting you to hard you just buy it all out to keep the marked up there, i've been doing this for a while and i've made shit loads of gold from it over time.

also helps to have a alt u can mine from the make gems ect with JC.

what server are u on and how's the poppulation?

Quote Originally Posted by iccy View Post
    what server are u on and how's the poppulation?
    Im on Barthilas US (Oceanic), its always pretty much full, for example right now its 3:43pm in the afternoon and is one of two oceanic servers marked as full. Probably why the prices are a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2 View Post
    Im on Barthilas US (Oceanic), its always pretty much full, for example right now its 3:43pm in the afternoon and is one of two oceanic servers marked as full. Probably why the prices are a bit odd.
    yeah probably.

still looking for some help/advice

Have you checked the prices on the 358 Bloodthirsty PvP rings/amulets? Many new players are starting off with the base PvP set on alts, so at least the BS stuff seems to be selling on my realm.

Also, the Rhinestone Sunglasses and the Monocles might be worth looking into for RPG/Bank characters.

Have you looked into the wotlk gems? They're on the AH and seems to be selling.

Creating the Jasper Ring, Nightstone Choker, Hessonite Band, etc. for disenchanting might also be viable since you also have an enchanter in your roster.

Beyond that, it's hard to make any serious gold on JC beyond crafting the rare gems in bulk, imho.