10+ Year Old Account

Watercooling Question

Hey guys, i have a quick water cooling question, what is the advantages and disadvantages of say Plexi water cooling to a full Nickle water block ect, what also, is it more FPI better or less? with regards to radiators.

thank you for taking the time to answering my questions, MMO-champs Computer forums team has been a great help and well of information and i appreciate it greatly.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering that the part that contacts any hotspot is copper or nickel plated copper, it doesn't matter whether the rest is acetal or metal, it comes down to your personal preference

also, rad FPI depends on your prefered method of cooling, high FPI is capable of vastly more cooling when paired with very high CFM, high pressure fans, lower FPI does better with low CFM, low pressure fans, low FPI setups are usually whisper quiet, but is not as efficient in cooling
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2011-07-25 at 10:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, that's what i wanted to know :d Plexi it is, lol, may i also where you got your experience from, is see your a regular helper on the forums, and very knowledgeable, that is what i am aiming to become with regards to computers. can you, if you don't mind tell me your Experience, if you work with computers, what you studied at uni or college, or if your self taught, thanks for the help you have given me in other threads i have created much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    Thanks, that's what i wanted to know :d Plexi it is, lol, may i also where you got your experience from, is see your a regular helper on the forums, and very knowledgeable, that is what i am aiming to become with regards to computers. can you, if you don't mind tell me your Experience, if you work with computers, what you studied at uni or college, or if your self taught, thanks for the help you have given me in other threads i have created much appreciated.
    im actually both, self taught and i've taken classes, i've been in and around computers and networking since i built my first computer in 1992, most of what i know comes from personal experience as well as alot of reading, but there is nothing wrong with taking a class every now and then

if you are looking for what you need with computers, your first thing to get is a CompTIA A+ certification, from there you can move on to a computer science degree

10+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome, i was born only a year before you built your first computer, hahaha, i am currently studying a Bach of information and communication technology with a major in networking, but i still have abit to learn when it comes to enthusiasts computer building, which i guess there is always something new to learn.

Also, don't clean Acetyl with alcohol it will crack. The other problem with Acetal tops is that if you're not careful putting the fittings on it can crack. Annnnnnnnnnd go read on it. Go to like overclockers.com or xtremesystems.com, find the WC forum, read the stickies. Go to skinnees lab and hceck out Martin's Liquid Lab. There's alot of information you need to know.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2