Deleted

New mouse + keyboard

Hey all, I am going to buying a new keyboard as I have some crappy Dell keyboard, with a Logitech G5. I am probably going to buy the Razer Naga for the buttons on the side and I was thinking about the Razer Lycosa for a keyboard but I have read multiple reviews that say the Lycosa doesn't last long.

Anyone got any reccomendations, thanks!

I've personally had a Razer Naga, and I do not like it. Since people are apparantly tired of hearing it mentioned everywhere, I'll spare you the details.

What do you find comfortable writing and gaming on? Have you gone down to a store and tried out what they have on display to see what fits your hands?
    Doing so would be a far better idea then having people mention what they have and what they enjoy, or think is the ultimate setup for them.

I use a MX518 and a G110, both from Logitech. I wouldn't replace either of them. Very satisfied with everything.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    im very satisfied with my razer anansi keyboard although i dont use the thumb buttons that often on my rogue, im thinking of a new mouse too and i think i will get the razer mamba as soon as it comes out

Deleted
    i Would really reccomend the Razer Naga, i bought mine about a month ago. fell in love with it instantly. Great great mouse. i would also get a razer keyboard to go with it, because i like matching mouse and keyboard

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Razer Naga is by far the best mouse I have ever used. I say go for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Naga build quality isn't very good. The simpler Razer designs seem to last the longest. I've been using a Deathadder at work in a dusty manufacturing plant environment for almost 2 years now with no issues.

As for keyboards, the Lycosa is also a piece of crap. If you want to stick to Razer for it, go for the BlackWidow (normal or ultimate, depending if you like backlighting), or be awesome and get a DasKeyboard.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by supermagma View Post
    Hey all, I am going to buying a new keyboard as I have some crappy Dell keyboard, with a Logitech G5. I am probably going to buy the Razer Naga for the buttons on the side and I was thinking about the Razer Lycosa for a keyboard but I have read multiple reviews that say the Lycosa doesn't last long.

Anyone got any reccomendations, thanks!
    I agree with what you've seen. I've owned 3 different Razer mice (copperhead, lachesis, and deathadder) and they all lasted no longer than 5 months. On the other hand, I've had a Logitech mx518 that's been working like a champ for the past 6 years.

Imo, I think people buy Razer stuff for the coolness factor, definitely not the build quality.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

A solid mouse would be the DeathAdder, as for keyboard..BlackWidow I suppose.

Deleted
    Naga + blackwidow. Can't go wrong.

I've been using a Naga + Anansi combo for a little over a month now and I love them. The Anansi is solid, a total of 5 macro keys on the left and 7 that can be used on the thumb, although I don't use them since with the conjunction with the 12 Naga keys, I ran out of things to bind.

The only complaint, other than my first Naga going bottoms up on the 2nd day running on a battery, is that if you use the little button caps that come with the Naga to help you learn it, they don't stick well after a few days and slip. It took me about 3 weeks to fully get used to it enough to be able to take all of those keys off without having to hunt down keys. It wasn't easy to learn the button locations for me without using those caps to start.

Im really loving my logitech g110 keyboard. I have tried others but the keys on a logitech just feel more natural to my hands and fingers. Also look into getting a razer naga mouse, thing is balling. im rocking the naga molten edition as we speak.
    Last edited by The Mind Sculptor; 2011-07-25 at 06:02 PM. Reason: clarity

lycosa is crap.
    naga is good, but has a pretty lame laser.
    i would recommend the black widow or any mechanical keyboard.

I have the Razer Naga Epic and I love it. I've had it for about 6 months now and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. My husband has the Death Adder for almost going on 2 years and absolutely no signs of aging or any problems.

Perhaps people having the issues with it beat the hell out of their mouse? I honestly have no clue. All I can say is that we've both had no issues from two separate models both from Razer.

As for a keyboard, I can't help you with that as I still have my original keyboard from 5 years ago that came with my computer. I'm currently shopping around and looking heavily into the Lycosa (Still doing some research). Regardless, I want a back lit keyboard and my current keyboard definitely needs replacing. Just so you know, the Lycosa is not a mechanical keyboard, so if you want one you should look into the Blackwidow.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Deleted
    Razer Naga and Blackwidow ultimate user here.... i can pretty much guarantee that both of these (amazing imo) products by Razer are hit or miss.

Explanation: The naga has been a very comfortable and solid mouse for me and also fits my hand PERFECTLY. A friend of mine tried it for 20mins and asked me if i had any other mouse because he found it "horrible" and the buttons on the side "distracted" him. Just as mouse sensitivity tends to be more of a personal preference so is mouse selection.

For the Blackwidow i have very few things to say. I don't mind the sound, in fact i enjoy it far more than the non-mechanical keyboards (CherryMX Blues all the way). Only thing i can guarantee is that once you try mechanical you either LOVE it instantly or HATE it. There's not real middle ground there. I personally find that after 3 weeks it's the only keyboard i enjoy typing on for more than a few words. Hell i'll take typing through an iPhone over going back to a regular keyboard (changed from the G15, liked it but nothing compared to BW).

I understand the price might be a point of concern but i just spent a ton of money getting an amazing gaming computer. I might aswell go all the way and improve my whole experience with gaming (half the irl gamers i know play with a 5$ keyboard/mouse/headset, for me it's "meh").

In conclusion, do not EVER buy a keyboard and/or a mouse solely based on other peoples' reviews. You may take them into consideration but you have to try those kind of things. Those are input devices you'll be using all day, the only opinion that really matters is your own.

tl;dr: I suggest you give Razer Naga and Razer Blackwidow a try.
    Last edited by mmoc3cb46d580c; 2011-07-25 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfortytwo View Post
    Razer Naga and Blackwidow ultimate user here.... i can pretty much guarantee that both of these (amazing imo) products by Razer are hit or miss.

Explanation: The naga has been a very comfortable and solid mouse for me and also fits my hand PERFECTLY. A friend of mine tried it for 20mins and asked me if i had any other mouse because he found it "horrible" and the buttons on the side "distracted" him. Just as mouse sensitivity tends to be more of a personal preference so is mouse selection.

For the Blackwidow i have very few things to say. I don't mind the sound, in fact i enjoy it far more than the non-mechanical keyboards (CherryMX Blues all the way). Only thing i can guarantee is that once you try mechanical you either LOVE it instantly or HATE it. There's not real middle ground there. I personally find that after 3 weeks it's the only keyboard i enjoy typing on for more than a few words. Hell i'll take typing through an iPhone over going back to a regular keyboard (changed from the G15, liked it but nothing compared to BW).

I understand the price might be a point of concern but i just spent a ton of money getting an amazing gaming computer. I might aswell go all the way and improve my whole experience with gaming (half the irl gamers i know play with a 5$ keyboard/mouse/headset, for me it's "meh").

In conclusion, do not EVER buy a keyboard and/or a mouse solely based on other peoples' reviews. You may take them into consideration but you have to try those kind of things. Those are input devices you'll be using all day, the only opinion that really matters is your own.

tl;dr: I suggest you give Razer Naga and Razer Blackwidow a try.
    This ^^^ Go to a store that has floor or demo models sitting out so you can see if they feel confortable to you. Or at least make sure they have a good return policy incase it does not work the way you want it to. But for at least check out the naga, i lovge it sooo much as do a lot of others on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Naga build quality isn't very good. The simpler Razer designs seem to last the longest. I've been using a Deathadder at work in a dusty manufacturing plant environment for almost 2 years now with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I agree with what you've seen. I've owned 3 different Razer mice (copperhead, lachesis, and deathadder) and they all lasted no longer than 5 months. On the other hand, I've had a Logitech mx518 that's been working like a champ for the past 6 years.

Imo, I think people buy Razer stuff for the coolness factor, definitely not the build quality.
    I've had my Razer Naga for over a year and a half now and it's still working perfectly. The grip style and side buttons aren't for everyone, but I love buttons on my mouse so I can't say I could ever go without it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a Razer Mamba for my mouse and i use a Razer Lycosa for my keyboard.

I would reccomend using a Razer Naga for your mouse and a Razer Black Widow Ultimate for your keyboard.

Using Filco w/ brown switches and Naga for MMO's/Ikari for anything else. Love it. Would recommened investing in a mechanical keyboard, they're awesome. Naga is great for WoW in my opinion and Deathadder/MX518/Ikari/Xai are great mice for everything