How do i know PSU will support this video card im about to purchase.

so as of now, i am 1 hr away from thinking about walking out of my door and buy this card, but before i make the purchase i just want to know exactly will my PSU support the video card purchase:

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=56240&vpn=AX6850%201GBD5-DH&manufacture=PowerColor&promoid=1304

o
    r

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=56356&vpn=EAH6850%20DC%2F2DIS%2F1GD5%2FV2&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1304

o
    r the XFX version (which one do you recommend lol)

and also my PSU is 500w coolmaster, currently running radeon HD 4670.

Can you link the specific PSU model?

EDIT: There's little that could stop the video card from being supported. It only uses a single PCI-e 6pin power-connector. Or in other words it doesn't draw much power, and the card is also compatible with practically any PSU that has a PCI-e power-connector.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-07-25 at 06:39 PM.

6850 uses about 120W so it will support it.

simple answer get a 750w + and you will never have a issue.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817171031 - this my PSU

Any insight which i should purchase?

It's not the best but it will work.

So some 6850 need 2x6 pin connector and some only need one .. thats weird. I guess the model with 2x6Pin connector is better at OC and probably has better VRM.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-07-26 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    And those video card Need TWO 6PIN connector
    No, they don't. And even if they did, a free adapter is included in the box.

Will the asus model support my PSU, since its slightly higher than the powercolor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jickman View Post
    Will the asus model support my PSU, since its slightly higher than the powercolor
    Yes. Either way, you'll be more than fine.

so i bought the asus model, and apparently they have 2 pins, it says on the installation manual that:

If your graphics card has an auxiliary power connector, connect the appropriate power plug from the graphic card's auxiliary power connector.

So they video card package gave me 2 those connector the with with 2 3/4 pins connected to one of 6 pin thing, am i suppose to use both the connector or only one.

The card is supposed to have a 6 pin power connector.
    If you have such connector on your PSU, plug it in to your graphic card.
    If you don't have one, get the adapter that came with the card, plug the 4 pin side to a 4 pin connector from your PSU and then plug the 6 pin side in the 6 pin power connector on your GPU.

what i was trying to say my graphic card has TWO 6 pin connector side by side of each other, and the card came with 2 connectors that i connect it into the 6 pin and then into the PSU 3/4 pin. What IM asking is that are we suppose to connect both of the 6 pins connectors or only one

well i only connected one 6 pin connector, and i turned it on and its currently running, just downloading the driver right now.
    Last edited by jickman; 2011-07-25 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    You're supposed to connect both.