Baleroc- shards spawning on the tank?

Does anyone have this problem with baleroc, where the shards of torment spawn right on the tank and give them stacks (effectively wiping the raid)? On 10 man, are the shards supposed to spawn behind the boss, or just on any random player, or on any random player only in melee range? Thanks,

Eld

Shards wont spawn on tank specced characters (prot war, prot pal, blood dk, feral druid in bear)
    Last edited by Ribonucleic Acid; 2011-07-25 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the Shards spawn on any random player. I've never had any experience with them spawning on the tank, and what Ribonucleic Acid said would make a lot of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

It's usually the dps who's turn it is to eat torment not being close enough to the crystal (tank being closer, and copping the debuff). That said I've not seen it spawn ontop of a tank ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribonucleic Acid View Post
    Shards wont spawn on tank specced characters (prot war, prot pal, blood dk, feral druid)
    To raid leaders: Take a feral druid with you so shards don't spawn on melee!

Deleted
    In our 10 mans I've never seen a shard spawn either on the tank or the healers, always on the dps stack thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually we had the problem with a crystal spawning on the tank if our Bear Druid was in Kitty form for more dps. It was shitty. When he stopped going to kitty when he wasn't tanking, the crystals stopped spawning on them. Either way, there's plenty of time to move the boss before the crystal appears. And whoever is supposed to be taking the crystal first could easily move in front of the boss if the tanks are slow with moving. Situational Awareness trumps all.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha02 View Post
    In our 10 mans I've never seen a shard spawn either on the tank or the healers, always on the dps stack thus far.
    This for me as well..

Also, if it did spawn on the tank for some reason... You know your tank could just say "Crystal spawning at me", and then move baleroc backwards a little.

I didn't realize that there was so much going on for the tank in this fight that he couldn't notice the big purple beam telling him a crystal is about to spawn on him. Just move the boss back a few steps and put the crystal in the melee pile. If your tank doesn't have enough awareness to do that, get a new tank.

As for if its supposed to do that, no I don't believe it is supposed to ever spawn on the tank unless one of your melee was standing in front of the boss with the tank. It is possible that it spawned with melee and they all moved away not knowing who was supposed to be on the crystal and the closest player left was the tank so he was targeted by the crystal.

It'll spawn on your Feral Druid Decimation Tank when he's in Cat form between Decimation Blades.

Otherwise no they won't spawn on tanks. And even if they do, just play better.

From what I've seen (Hunter POV) they ALWAYS spawn in melee. This is fucking annoying because if I have to soak crystals and the melee don't move far enough away (To the other side of the boss), I lost ~10 seconds of DPS per crystal I take.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Truantxoxo View Post
    From what I've seen (Hunter POV) they ALWAYS spawn in melee. This is fucking annoying because if I have to soak crystals and the melee don't move far enough away (To the other side of the boss), I lost ~10 seconds of DPS per crystal I take.
    movement happens. this fight is more about staying alive than dps. hell the first few kils were ages into the enrage timer through kiting him around the big area you have.
    it may be annoying but meh for once the ranged have to do something in this tier compared to how often the melle got screwed over in t11 this is nothing.

I've never seen this happen. The shards always spawn on the dps for us, specifically the melee dps.

crystals should only spawn on melee. and even then, you'll see a small animation before a crystal actually spawns (looks like a beam of small vertical lights - like someon's teleporting).

but if a crystal spawns in an unideal situation (shouldn't though), make sure your tank(s) is aware and moves baleroc appropriately.