Disc vs Shadow PVP

I'm showing some serious noobness here. Shadow frustrates me in BG's due to running out of mana. Does disc have mana issues in BG's?

Eh, I'm sorry to say that, but if you go OOM in BGs you probably should rethink your way of playing the spec.
    Unless you are terribly undergeared, in which case I would suggest getting the gear first before deciding to drop a spec.

Deleted
    make sure you're using SW everytime its off CD when you're playing shadow.

Shadow has some fairly unique mana recovery tools. Make sure you take the talent masochism so that every shadow word: death you use you recover 10% of mana. Just be sure to time its use so you can get that instant finisher when you need it. Spec into disc for dark evangellism which gives you back a ton of mana. Veiled shadows and sin and punishment lower the cooldown on your shadow fiend which is also a great mana recovery tool. Using mind blast on someone with your vampiric touch on them gives you 1% of mana over 10 seconds (not sure about the mechanics of this one).

In terms of playstyle, S Priests are not spammers. This isn't the spec to play if you want to be consistently pressing buttons for burst. You have three dots that do a TON of damage. Just make sure your dots are on the target, try and get in a mind blast when you can and SW: D. Mind flay when you have the option, its cheap as hell and stacks dark evangellism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you're using dispersion when expecting high incoming damage, even from one enemy player, like frost mage deep freeze or if a feral/rogue jumps you, it gives you back a ton of mana and really gives you an edge. I hated dispersion before i started focusing on PvP, and now i pretty much worship it. Also, glyph it.

As has been stated in this thread, you really should be using SW : D on every player you fight, its such a good execute and gives you back enough mana to sustain your rotation if you're specced into masochism (which also gives you back mana if you take a big hit, which also usually gives you a shadow orb with Harnessed Shadows. Us PvP Spriests are gluttons for punishment). Also, as people above me have said, Archangel gives you a massive chunk of mana.

Once you get comfortable with your keybinds and the way the talents work in cohesion, you won't have many mana problems.