Reliable debuff tracker. searing seeds

Anyone have any idea of a good and reliable debuff tracker? one that i can put basically anywhere on the screen and tells me clearly in seconds how long a debuff on me will last. searing seeds is a major pain having to mouse over the debuff under my char portrait since im using x-perl and not verry good at customizing stuff.

You can make needtoknow track it on yourself

ok, ty for the fast reply

10+ Year Old Account
    Although it doesn't directly give you what you're looking for, Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) tells you in big, blue, bold letters to run out when you have ~5 seconds left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

i dont trust dbm fully for important raid wipers like that tbh wich is why i wanted a good debufftracker so i can somewhat reliably keep an eye on it myself. but ty anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Version:4.20; icon:INV_Elemental_Mote_Fire01; buffname:Searing Seeds; x:496; bufftype:2; texture:103; size:0.88; y:121; timer.h:3.05; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:116; timer.x:495

Power auras export for the one I use, puts a big timer in the right of your screen.

Awesome, exactly what i want. ty friend

15+ Year Old Account
    Another alternative is to use PowerAuras. That way you can make the debuff where you want, as big you want, and the seconds left on it.

I made a quick code for it you can import to PowerAuras(I don't use it myself, I hope I didn't make a mistake ):
    Code:
    Version:4.21; buffname:Searing Seeds; x:-336; bufftype:2; owntex:true; exact:true; combat:true; inRaid:true; y:86; timer.h:3; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:BOTTOM
    Edit: Beaten to it.

thank you anyway

My own little solution is my "private little bossmod". It is my personal addition to bossmod installations, which gives some highly annoying audio warning on certain things, additionally to conventional bossmods.

The "core code" (could provide the little addon if anyone is interested) looks like:

name, rank, icon, count, debuffType, duration, expirationTime, unitCaster, isStealable = UnitAura("player", i, "HARMFUL")

if (duration < 4) then
    t2:SetFormattedText("**** SEARING SEEDS ON YOU ABOUT TO RUN OUT !!!! ****")
    PlaySoundFile("Interface\\Addons\\MyRaidWarner\\Media\\steal2.mp3")
    end

(I have other warnings in there, like "Torment high on you", "Torment high on your focus", "someone is targetting little spiders on Beth'tilac, maybe you should kill them as well", "your focus is targetting a druid add on Alysrazor", "there is a spellstealable buff on your target/focus", etc.)

The Sample is LOOPING until the condition stops (this was originally when I implemented this for spellsteal on Jaraxxus not intended - nearly fell of my chair, when the looping sample went off like BAM - BAM - BAM - BAM - BAM - ... but then decided to leave it in like this ^^ a bit more noticable than PowerAuras even though it does not display nice notice-icon-graphics ;-) )

Yes, the targeting stuff is dangerous... if everyone counts on the addon, nobody targets them ^^ I saw something like

mod:GetUnitIdByGUID(53631)

in a bossmod once (I think it was BigWigs), anybody has an idea how to get this working (outside the bossmod) ? Something like that would be perfect !!! (Sorry for a bit of offtopic)

Also did some Shadowed Unit Frames Indicators for Searing Seeds, but did not yet test them. Also my BAM - BAM - BAM addon was nice enough for Searing Seeds ^^

Deleted
    Depends on the information it needs. If it's just health, it might be checking nameplates. If it needs more infos, it will probably loop through all base unitIDs and append target until the unit is found (or every unit accessible has been exhausted).