Thread: Prot PVP??

10+ Year Old Account

Prot PVP??

Thinking of going prot for PvP (Warrior) SO do i jsut get the normal gears with tank trinks n shield etc? with prot spec obviously, or does it go deeper?

What are you planning to do with this spec? Are you flag running for rated bgs? Are you playing a support damage dealer for bgs?

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP gear and gemming/enchanting for Strength is the way to go. Tank stats such as dodge/parry/mastery are too situational in PvP.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    PvP gear and gemming/enchanting for Strength is the way to go. Tank stats such as dodge/parry/mastery are too situational in PvP.
    Not if he wants to flag run(ctf maps)/cap prevent(base maps) in rated bgs, in which case you will want to go all out resil/stam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for flag carrier/support dps. Also, warrior or Pally prot be better?

Warrior prot is by far the best flag carrier.

either blood Dk or feral druid would actually be the best for this sort of thing in my experience

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm. basically my goal is to get a rated bg mount. Ultimate goal. I just need to be attractive to Rated BG Guilds.

I play rated BG at 2400+. We only see warrior tanks at that level. heroic leap for jumping out of smoke bombs coupled with great survivability and aoe stuns make them easily the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unreal. Hes my most pvp geared so less work hehehe

Blood is amazing for survivability 1v1 to about 1v4 (depends how good u are and the people attacking), and utility/damage is pretty effective
    Feral is good because of it's kitty stealth/speed modes when you aren't being trained, and those bearmode def CDs are amazing
    Prot warrior has the best situational/defensive mobility and defensive CDs imho, and some very nice utility offensively (stuns mostly)
    Prot Pally has... uhm... loh. everything else is good but really I find protadins to be squishiest.

Since you're apparently going Prot something, the choice is clear to me, go Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    either blood Dk or feral druid would actually be the best for this sort of thing in my experience
    Nope , prot warrior is the best flag carrier in RBGs with no doubt . Cuz Intervene and Heroic Leap seems op to get out of Smoke Bomb.
    But blood DK and feral druid are hard to survive in Smoke Bomb.

you'll probably wanna be a flag carrier.
    so get full pvp gear (with the 1h and shield of course) + resil/stam gems. you need to maximize your survivability over actually doing damage. that's what your teammates are for.

warriors are probably the best flag carriers, so...
    use charge/intervene/intercept/heroic leap to ping pong around and avoid damage.
    know when to use your cooldowns and when your healers got you, etc etc.